V Brakes and Shimano Brake/shifters?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Evileye, Apr 9, 2003.

  1. Evileye

    Evileye Guest

    Hello All, I was wondering if one could use Shimano STI Shifter/Brake levers with V brakes? I
    want to convert a Hybrid bike with flat bars (with road geometery) to a dropbar road bike for
    randonnur riding.

    Thanks,
    Andreas

    Tags:

  2. Eric Vey

    Eric Vey Guest

    You didn't like the answers you got when you posted this the first time?

    "evileye" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello All, I was wondering if one could use Shimano STI Shifter/Brake levers with V brakes? I
    > want to convert a Hybrid bike with flat bars (with road geometery) to a dropbar road bike for
    > randonnur riding.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Andreas

  3. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "Eric Vey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > You didn't like the answers you got when you posted this the first time?
    >
    > "evileye" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hello All, I was wondering if one could use Shimano STI Shifter/Brake levers with V brakes? I
    > > want to convert a Hybrid bike with flat bars (with road geometery) to a dropbar road bike for
    > > randonnur riding.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Andreas

    Could be he was having problems?