rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

V-brakes for coker

Started by MuniAddict · · Last activity · 3 posts · 135 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
15 June 2007
Last activity
16 June 2007
Original author
MuniAddict
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
135
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've spent the last half hour or so using the search function to try to
    get specific info on installing V-brakes on my coker. I could seem to
    find difinitive info. I don't want maguras.

    So I wondering if someone who currently has a V-brake mounted on thier
    coker (Standard frame, not nimbus) could post a reply with pics showing
    your setup. I'm guessing I could just go to my LBS and have them
    install regular bike V-brakes on my coker.

    Will I need a V-brake adaptor? I saw one setup where the brakes were
    secured to either side of the frame with hose clamps. Thanks!😄

    I was thinking something like this:

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: v brake adapter.jpg |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/20595 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    MuniAddict

    "On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
    man."😉

    My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

    My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuniAddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12920
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/61745

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. Have you seen the article in the first issue of
    uni magazine? The whole installation is shown, but using a
    center-pivot older BMX-type brake, not the V-type.
    You need to drill a hole through the lower center of the frame.

    If you need the article, let me know.

    --
    ahollow
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ahollow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13990
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/61745

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. i need it..
    im thinking about putting brakes on my coker...

    --
    Uniman_3

    Words are made to strike the minds of the unsuspecting.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Uniman_3's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14387
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/61745

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.