Valencia Spain in June; thorns? tips?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Adrian Hands, May 27, 2003.

  1. Adrian Hands

    Adrian Hands Guest

    I'll be in Valencia Spain June 9 - 13 and would like to bring my fixed gear to do some cycling.
    Having never been to Europe before...any tips?

    I found a cue sheet on a Godella club web site http://perso.wanadoo.es/pabgilan/ ...maybe cycle to
    Bu~nol and/or the peak at l'Oronet.

    Most of the photos I've seen have been fat-tire MTBs... ...and the terrain looks something like
    Texas... ...will I encounter those accursed "goat-head" thorns that seem to be the bane of cyclists
    in the southwest of the U.S.?

    Tags:

  2. On Tue, 27 May 2003 13:51:46 -0700, Adrian Hands wrote:

    > I'll be in Valencia Spain June 9 - 13 and would like to bring my fixed gear to do some cycling.
    > Having never been to Europe before...any tips?

    I am jealous. But the fixed gear will be a challenge on some of the hills.

    > Most of the photos I've seen have been fat-tire MTBs...

    I've seen a bunch of road riders.

    > ...and the terrain looks something like Texas... ...will I encounter those accursed "goat-head"
    > thorns that seem to be the bane of cyclists in the southwest of the U.S.?

    I don't think so. You will encounter glass, and traffic.

    --

    David L. Johnson

    __o | Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig... You _`\(,_ | soon find out the
    pig likes it! (_)/ (_) |