Valentines

Andy Mullins

Guest
I know I don't post here often but I just had to share with someone that
would appreciate the coolness of this....

I call up this girl and ask her if she wants to go out for Valentines. I
mention going out to dinner and that sort of thing, and she says "Why don't
we go for a mountain bike ride?" How cool is this????

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 21:50:36 -0500, Andy Mullins <[email protected]>
wrote:

> I know I don't post here often but I just had to share with someone that
> would appreciate the coolness of this....
>
> I call up this girl and ask her if she wants to go out for Valentines.I
> mention going out to dinner and that sort of thing, and she says "Why
> don't
> we go for a mountain bike ride?" How cool is this????

If I hear that V word one more time today, I'm gonna kick someone's a$$!
--
Slacker

Slacker wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 21:50:36 -0500, Andy Mullins
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I know I don't post here often but I just had to share with someone that
>> would appreciate the coolness of this....
>>
>> I call up this girl and ask her if she wants to go out for Valentines. I
>> mention going out to dinner and that sort of thing, and she says "Why
>> don't
>> we go for a mountain bike ride?" How cool is this????
>>

> If I hear that V word one more time today, I'm gonna kick someone's a$$!

Same here! I bought the wife a new car yesterday and told her it was
her Valentines Day gift. She wasn't too happy about it. I thought it
would at least by me a few rides without her complaining. I sticking by
my laurels. That's the gift, take it or leave it. But since she has to
get to work some way, she'll have no choice. Ha!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Andy Mullins wrote:
> I know I don't post here often but I just had to share with someone
> that would appreciate the coolness of this....
>
> I call up this girl and ask her if she wants to go out for
> Valentines. I mention going out to dinner and that sort of thing, and
> she says "Why don't we go for a mountain bike ride?" How cool is
> this????

3-1 she used to be a guy.

YOUR a lucky guy. I got mine a box of Godiva Chcolatier
and a car battery. Since the last time the battery was replaced was
the winter of 01. Better to replace it before it needs replacing and
your car engine won't turn over. If I left it up to her she would say
the battery is new. No its old 01.

[email protected] wrote:
> YOUR a lucky guy. I got mine a box of Godiva Chcolatier
> and a car battery. Since the last time the battery was replaced was
> the winter of 01. Better to replace it before it needs replacing and
> your car engine won't turn over. If I left it up to her she would say
> the battery is new. No its old 01.

What a hopeless romantic!

wrote:

> I know I don't post here often but I just had to share with someone that
> would appreciate the coolness of this....
>
> I call up this girl and ask her if she wants to go out for Valentines. I
> mention going out to dinner and that sort of thing, and she says "Why
> don't
> we go for a mountain bike ride?" How cool is this????

If I hear that V word one more time today, I'm gonna kick someone's a$$!

VALENTINES DAY
VALENTINES DAY
VALENTINES DAY
VALENTINES DAY
VALENTINES DAY
VALENTINES DAY
VALENTINES DAY
VALENTINES DAY
VALENTINES DAY
VALENTINES DAY
VALENTINES DAY
VALENTINES DAY

HTH, HAVVND.

Shaun aRe

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Slacker wrote:
>> On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 21:50:36 -0500, Andy Mullins
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> I know I don't post here often but I just had to share with someone
>>> that would appreciate the coolness of this....
>>>
>>> I call up this girl and ask her if she wants to go out for
>>> Valentines. I mention going out to dinner and that sort of thing,
>>> and she says "Why don't
>>> we go for a mountain bike ride?" How cool is this????
>>>

>> If I hear that V word one more time today, I'm gonna kick someone's
>> a$$!

> Same here! I bought the wife a new car yesterday and told her it was
> her Valentines Day gift. She wasn't too happy about it. I thought it
> would at least by me a few rides without her complaining. I sticking
> by my laurels. That's the gift, take it or leave it. But since she
> has to get to work some way, she'll have no choice. Ha!

So was it the car she wanted or one that was practical?

Ask her what she really wanted.

A car is way better than the vacuum cleaner I came home with on one
Valentine's Day. I joked that is was a gift.........oops......I'm still
hearing about that 20 years later.

Gary

Bill Sornson wrote:
> Andy Mullins wrote:
>> I know I don't post here often but I just had to share with someone
>> that would appreciate the coolness of this....
>>
>> I call up this girl and ask her if she wants to go out for
>> Valentines. I mention going out to dinner and that sort of thing, and
>> she says "Why don't we go for a mountain bike ride?" How cool is
>> this????

> 3-1 she used to be a guy.

or still is.....

surprise, surprise!

GeeDubb wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>>Slacker wrote:

>>>If I hear that V word one more time today, I'm gonna kick someone's
>>>a$$!

>>Same here! I bought the wife a new car yesterday and told her it was
>>her Valentines Day gift. She wasn't too happy about it. I thought it
>>would at least by me a few rides without her complaining. I sticking
>>by my laurels. That's the gift, take it or leave it. But since she
>>has to get to work some way, she'll have no choice. Ha!

> So was it the car she wanted or one that was practical?
>
> Ask her what she really wanted.
>
> A car is way better than the vacuum cleaner I came home with on one
> Valentine's Day. I joked that is was a gift.........oops......I'm still
> hearing about that 20 years later.
>
> Gary

The only thing she asked for were heated leather seats. She got them.

It's a Mazda Tribute S. Smaller than our Jeep GC was, but I have a full
size guzzler and we don't need two in the driveway.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> GeeDubb wrote:
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote:

>>> Same here! I bought the wife a new car yesterday and told her it
>>> was her Valentines Day gift. She wasn't too happy about it. I
>>> thought it would at least by me a few rides without her
>>> complaining. I sticking by my laurels. That's the gift, take it
>>> or leave it. But since she has to get to work some way, she'll
>>> have no choice. Ha!

>> So was it the car she wanted or one that was practical?
>>
>> Ask her what she really wanted.
>>
>> A car is way better than the vacuum cleaner I came home with on one
>> Valentine's Day. I joked that is was a gift.........oops......I'm
>> still hearing about that 20 years later.
>>
>> Gary
>>

> The only thing she asked for were heated leather seats. She got them.
>
> It's a Mazda Tribute S. Smaller than our Jeep GC was, but I have a
> full size guzzler and we don't need two in the driveway.

But what did she really want?
It must not have been the car.......
So what could have made her happy?
My wife wouldn't have been happy with a car either so I'm just curious since
after 24 years I'm running out of creative ideas.

Andy Mullins wrote:
> I know I don't post here often but I just had to share with someone
> that would appreciate the coolness of this....
>
> I call up this girl and ask her if she wants to go out for
> Valentines. I mention going out to dinner and that sort of thing, and
> she says "Why don't we go for a mountain bike ride?" How cool is
> this????

Sounds like a keeper.

Penny

GeeDubb wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>>GeeDubb wrote:

>>>So was it the car she wanted or one that was practical?
>>>
>>>Ask her what she really wanted.
>>>
>>>A car is way better than the vacuum cleaner I came home with on one
>>>Valentine's Day. I joked that is was a gift.........oops......I'm
>>>still hearing about that 20 years later.
>>>
>>>Gary
>>>

>>The only thing she asked for were heated leather seats. She got them.
>>
>>It's a Mazda Tribute S. Smaller than our Jeep GC was, but I have a
>>full size guzzler and we don't need two in the driveway.

> But what did she really want?
> It must not have been the car.......
> So what could have made her happy?
> My wife wouldn't have been happy with a car either so I'm just curious since
> after 24 years I'm running out of creative ideas.

She didn't say. She'll get some flowers on V-Day. I usually just take
the kids somewhere to get something for her. They get to pick out
something from them and thats usually good enough for her.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

GeeDubb wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> GeeDubb wrote:

>>> So was it the car she wanted or one that was practical?
>>>
>>> Ask her what she really wanted.
>>>
>>> A car is way better than the vacuum cleaner I came home with on one
>>> Valentine's Day. I joked that is was a gift.........oops......I'm
>>> still hearing about that 20 years later.
>>>
>>> Gary
>>>

>> The only thing she asked for were heated leather seats. She got
>> them.
>>
>> It's a Mazda Tribute S. Smaller than our Jeep GC was, but I have a
>> full size guzzler and we don't need two in the driveway.

> But what did she really want?
> It must not have been the car.......
> So what could have made her happy?
> My wife wouldn't have been happy with a car either so I'm just
> curious since after 24 years I'm running out of creative ideas.

Personally I think V day is overrated, another fricken Hallmark Holiday. Why
go out to dinner, the restaurants are nuts? Why only tell her or show her
you love her, or make a special gesture that ONE day? It means more to me
when my hubby shows up with a half dozen chocolate truffles just because he
thought I'd like them, than because of some marketing campaign told him that
feb 14 is the day to do it.
Sure, the gesture is nice on V-day, and it is one of our anniversaries, but
I think people put waaay to much stock in it.

/rant

Now, here's what would tickle my fancy. Bike parts. Anything from Victoria's
Secret. Take me out to dinner NOT on crazy Valentine's Night. Chocolate
Truffles. A month's worth of maid service ( dream on).

What makes me feel loved is overhearing conversations where he tells his
pals I'm a mountain biking queen. When we have a morning hug, every morning.
If he brings me a cup of coffee, or tells me that he'll get the dishes. If I
say I'm going for a ride and he says, have fun. etc.

You guys know this one would set me off, here ya go.

penny

GeeDubb wrote:

> A car is way better than the vacuum cleaner I came home with on one
> Valentine's Day. I joked that is was a gift.........oops......I'm still
> hearing about that 20 years later.
>
> Gary

It probably wasn't a Miele.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
remove "mydebt" to reply

small change wrote:
> GeeDubb wrote:
>
>>Ride-A-Lot wrote:

>>>The only thing she asked for were heated leather seats. She got
>>>them.
>>>
>>>It's a Mazda Tribute S. Smaller than our Jeep GC was, but I have a
>>>full size guzzler and we don't need two in the driveway.

>>But what did she really want?
>>It must not have been the car.......
>>So what could have made her happy?
>>My wife wouldn't have been happy with a car either so I'm just
>>curious since after 24 years I'm running out of creative ideas.

> Personally I think V day is overrated, another fricken Hallmark Holiday. Why
> go out to dinner, the restaurants are nuts? Why only tell her or show her
> you love her, or make a special gesture that ONE day? It means more to me
> when my hubby shows up with a half dozen chocolate truffles just because he
> thought I'd like them, than because of some marketing campaign told him that
> feb 14 is the day to do it.
> Sure, the gesture is nice on V-day, and it is one of our anniversaries, but
> I think people put waaay to much stock in it.
>
> /rant
>
> Now, here's what would tickle my fancy. Bike parts. Anything from Victoria's
> Secret. Take me out to dinner NOT on crazy Valentine's Night. Chocolate
> Truffles. A month's worth of maid service ( dream on).
>
> What makes me feel loved is overhearing conversations where he tells his
> pals I'm a mountain biking queen. When we have a morning hug, every morning.
> If he brings me a cup of coffee, or tells me that he'll get the dishes. If I
> say I'm going for a ride and he says, have fun. etc.
>
> You guys know this one would set me off, here ya go.
>
> penny

Where were you 24 years ago when I met my wife? If only life/love could
be that simple now.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> small change wrote:
>> GeeDubb wrote:

>>> But what did she really want?
>>> It must not have been the car.......
>>> So what could have made her happy?
>>> My wife wouldn't have been happy with a car either so I'm just
>>> curious since after 24 years I'm running out of creative ideas.

>> Personally I think V day is overrated, another fricken Hallmark
>> Holiday. Why go out to dinner, the restaurants are nuts? Why only
>> tell her or show her you love her, or make a special gesture that
>> ONE day? It means more to me when my hubby shows up with a half
>> dozen chocolate truffles just because he thought I'd like them, than
>> because of some marketing campaign told him that feb 14 is the day
>> to do it. Sure, the gesture is nice on V-day, and it is one of our
>> anniversaries, but I think people put waaay to much stock in it.
>>
>> /rant
>>
>> Now, here's what would tickle my fancy. Bike parts. Anything from
>> Victoria's Secret. Take me out to dinner NOT on crazy Valentine's
>> Night. Chocolate Truffles. A month's worth of maid service ( dream
>> on).
>>
>> What makes me feel loved is overhearing conversations where he tells
>> his pals I'm a mountain biking queen. When we have a morning hug,
>> every morning. If he brings me a cup of coffee, or tells me that
>> he'll get the dishes. If I say I'm going for a ride and he says,
>> have fun. etc.
>>
>> You guys know this one would set me off, here ya go.
>>
>> penny
>>

> Where were you 24 years ago when I met my wife? If only life/love
> could be that simple now.

LOL, 24 years of a lot of hard work. Stuff like "you didn't buy my stuff
for VD" used to really set me off, but I've learned to step back and look
the bigger picture. Sure it's a bonus, but not an expectation.

Penny

Craig Brossman wrote:
> GeeDubb wrote:
>
>> A car is way better than the vacuum cleaner I came home with on one
>> Valentine's Day. I joked that is was a gift.........oops......I'm
>> still hearing about that 20 years later.
>>
>> Gary
>>

> It probably wasn't a Miele.

Dyson is the one alt.sewing women are just RAVING about

~penny