Valentines

small change wrote:
snip
> Personally I think V day is overrated, another fricken Hallmark
> Holiday. Why go out to dinner, the restaurants are nuts? Why only
> tell her or show her you love her, or make a special gesture that ONE
> day? It means more to me when my hubby shows up with a half dozen
> chocolate truffles just because he thought I'd like them, than
> because of some marketing campaign told him that feb 14 is the day to
> do it.
> Sure, the gesture is nice on V-day, and it is one of our
> anniversaries, but I think people put waaay to much stock in it.
>
> /rant
>
> Now, here's what would tickle my fancy. Bike parts. Anything from
> Victoria's Secret. Take me out to dinner NOT on crazy Valentine's
> Night. Chocolate Truffles. A month's worth of maid service ( dream
> on).
>
> What makes me feel loved is overhearing conversations where he tells
> his pals I'm a mountain biking queen. When we have a morning hug,
> every morning. If he brings me a cup of coffee, or tells me that
> he'll get the dishes. If I say I'm going for a ride and he says, have
> fun. etc.
>
> You guys know this one would set me off, here ya go.
>
> penny

I agree with the Vday hype, kind of like all of the other holidays that
people expect to receive something from.

My wife is very good with people which is why she makes the big bucks. She
knows it, her bosses know it, and I tell people all the time
rant on.......
Athletic - not!
Hiring a house keeper? Que? and they do a shitty job and it pisses both of
us off that we're paying to have the job done right and they usually don't
have a clue as to how to clean anything.
Chocolates or anything fattening gets me in trouble.
She's a vegetarian so eating out is always an adventure, not usually good.
Victoria's Secret? I gave up on buying things she would never wear. ****,
they looked comfortable to me.....<g>.
rant off.

What my wife wants is to be a stay at home mom. I can't give that to her as
she makes 3-4 times what I do. I suppose if we wanted to change our
lifestyles a lot it would work. She wants the family to spend a lot of time
together but none of us can agree on what to do. I'm the outdoor type and
though my wife loves the outdoors she is completely helpless when left
alone. She just doesn't get it.....like I don't get business and
communication. If you're an ass, I'll tell you, which is why I don't make
the big bucks.

I took the family snow skiing/boarding Sunday and it was like pulling teeth
to convince my kids to go....???? Then they both got sick on the mountain
which was no bodies fault but it sure screwed up the family fun.

I told the kids (two girls) we were going to Idaho and camping out in August
and they just moaned.

and they're not even teens yet

save me!

<g>

Gary

Craig Brossman wrote:
> GeeDubb wrote:
>
>> A car is way better than the vacuum cleaner I came home with on one
>> Valentine's Day. I joked that is was a gift.........oops......I'm
>> still hearing about that 20 years later.
>>
>> Gary
>>

> It probably wasn't a Miele.

Nope, a good old Hoover canister vac. Still the best one I've had next to
my various shop vacs. The Miele wouldn't have made it any better.......

small change wrote:
> Craig Brossman wrote:
>> GeeDubb wrote:
>>
>>> A car is way better than the vacuum cleaner I came home with on one
>>> Valentine's Day. I joked that is was a gift.........oops......I'm
>>> still hearing about that 20 years later.
>>>
>>> Gary
>>>

>> It probably wasn't a Miele.

> Dyson is the one alt.sewing women are just RAVING about
>
> ~penny

they probably just like the guy's accent.......

small change wrote:
> Andy Mullins wrote:
>
>>I know I don't post here often but I just had to share with someone
>>that would appreciate the coolness of this....
>>
>>I call up this girl and ask her if she wants to go out for
>>Valentines. I mention going out to dinner and that sort of thing, and
>>she says "Why don't we go for a mountain bike ride?" How cool is
>>this????

> Sounds like a keeper.
>
> Penny

Yeah, marry her! A good woman is hard to find! Well, they're out there
but often already taken. I'm sure good men are hard to find too, but
I've never looked for one.

I also hate Valentine's Day, but not as much as I would if my wife gave
me all kinds of pressure about it. I still don't know what I'll get her.
Probably just some small gesture and not so much material stuff. She
doesn't mind the Victoria's Secret stuff, but we both agree that's more
of a gift for me than her.

Our anniversary is another story. That a tough one because material
goods don't generally cut it (although I haven't tried a car yet - I'm
too cheap and we usually discuss big purchases together first). I have
to come up with some new sweet non-material way to express my love.
That's really difficult sometimes but I can generally pull it off. We've
only had one fight surrounding the anniversary (out of nine so far) and
I did kind of slack that year. I'll probably just make pesto and get a
good bottle of wine or something like that.

Matt

MattB wrote:
> small change wrote:
>> Andy Mullins wrote:
>>
>>> I know I don't post here often but I just had to share with someone
>>> that would appreciate the coolness of this....
>>>
>>> I call up this girl and ask her if she wants to go out for
>>> Valentines. I mention going out to dinner and that sort of thing,
>>> and she says "Why don't we go for a mountain bike ride?" How cool
>>> is this????

>> Sounds like a keeper.
>>
>> Penny
>>

> Yeah, marry her! A good woman is hard to find! Well, they're out there
> but often already taken. I'm sure good men are hard to find too, but
> I've never looked for one.
>
> I also hate Valentine's Day, but not as much as I would if my wife
> gave me all kinds of pressure about it. I still don't know what I'll
> get her. Probably just some small gesture and not so much material
> stuff. She doesn't mind the Victoria's Secret stuff, but we both
> agree that's more of a gift for me than her.
>
> Our anniversary is another story. That a tough one because material
> goods don't generally cut it (although I haven't tried a car yet - I'm
> too cheap and we usually discuss big purchases together first). I have
> to come up with some new sweet non-material way to express my love.
> That's really difficult sometimes but I can generally pull it off.
> We've only had one fight surrounding the anniversary (out of nine so
> far) and I did kind of slack that year. I'll probably just make pesto
> and get a good bottle of wine or something like that.
>
> Matt

I forgot one thing my wife enjoys a lot. A day at the spa. It's a gift
totally for her enjoyment, no kids, no husband. I would do that more but
her line of work has her going to the spa with clients and her designers,
all at Home Depot's expence <(;-}.
So me sending her the last few years hasn't been all that special.

Gary

MattB wrote:
> small change wrote:
>
>> Andy Mullins wrote:
>>
>>> I know I don't post here often but I just had to share with someone
>>> that would appreciate the coolness of this....
>>>
>>> I call up this girl and ask her if she wants to go out for
>>> Valentines. I mention going out to dinner and that sort of thing, and
>>> she says "Why don't we go for a mountain bike ride?" How cool is
>>> this????

>> Sounds like a keeper.
>>
>> Penny
>>

> Yeah, marry her! A good woman is hard to find! Well, they're out there
> but often already taken. I'm sure good men are hard to find too, but
> I've never looked for one.
>
> I also hate Valentine's Day, but not as much as I would if my wife gave
> me all kinds of pressure about it. I still don't know what I'll get her.
> Probably just some small gesture and not so much material stuff. She
> doesn't mind the Victoria's Secret stuff, but we both agree that's more
> of a gift for me than her.
>
> Our anniversary is another story. That a tough one because material
> goods don't generally cut it (although I haven't tried a car yet - I'm
> too cheap and we usually discuss big purchases together first). I have
> to come up with some new sweet non-material way to express my love.
> That's really difficult sometimes but I can generally pull it off. We've
> only had one fight surrounding the anniversary (out of nine so far) and
> I did kind of slack that year. I'll probably just make pesto and get a
> good bottle of wine or something like that.

Susie and I have pretty much settled on vacations as mutual anniversary
gifts to ourselves, or power tools (seriously!).

Shawn

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 08:54:41 -0800, small change
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Ride-A-Lot wrote:

>> Where were you 24 years ago when I met my wife? If only life/love
>> could be that simple now.

> LOL, 24 years of a lot of hard work. Stuff like "you didn't buy my stuff
> for VD" used to really set me off, but I've learned to step back and look
> the bigger picture. Sure it's a bonus, but not an expectation.
>
> Penny

Which "VD" did you have?

--
Slacker - picking up the slack for Sorni

Hehehehe....dude, that's cold :)

MrBonk
www.mrbonk.com

"Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Andy Mullins wrote:
>> I know I don't post here often but I just had to share with someone
>> that would appreciate the coolness of this....
>>
>> I call up this girl and ask her if she wants to go out for
>> Valentines. I mention going out to dinner and that sort of thing, and
>> she says "Why don't we go for a mountain bike ride?" How cool is
>> this????

> 3-1 she used to be a guy.

"small change" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> GeeDubb wrote:
> > Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> >> The only thing she asked for were heated leather seats. She got
> >> them.
> >>
> >> It's a Mazda Tribute S. Smaller than our Jeep GC was, but I have a
> >> full size guzzler and we don't need two in the driveway.

> > But what did she really want?
> > It must not have been the car.......
> > So what could have made her happy?
> > My wife wouldn't have been happy with a car either so I'm just
> > curious since after 24 years I'm running out of creative ideas.

> Personally I think V day is overrated, another fricken Hallmark Holiday.

Why
> go out to dinner, the restaurants are nuts? Why only tell her or show her
> you love her, or make a special gesture that ONE day? It means more to me
> when my hubby shows up with a half dozen chocolate truffles just because

he
> thought I'd like them, than because of some marketing campaign told him

that
> feb 14 is the day to do it.
> Sure, the gesture is nice on V-day, and it is one of our anniversaries,

but
> I think people put waaay to much stock in it.
>
> /rant
>
> Now, here's what would tickle my fancy. Bike parts. Anything from

Victoria's
> Secret. Take me out to dinner NOT on crazy Valentine's Night. Chocolate
> Truffles. A month's worth of maid service ( dream on).
>
> What makes me feel loved is overhearing conversations where he tells his
> pals I'm a mountain biking queen. When we have a morning hug, every

morning.
> If he brings me a cup of coffee, or tells me that he'll get the dishes. If

> say I'm going for a ride and he says, have fun. etc.
>
> You guys know this one would set me off, here ya go.

Kath and I are the same. I buy her flowers when I feel like buying her
flowers, for no particular reason, just because I love her, because she's
down etc. and she does the same for me. (No one had bought *me* flowers
until I met Kath!) Same goes for gifts! Usually for valentines, I'll buy her
a gift that's a little different, not much, not really romantic stuff even,
generally. The first V gift I bought her was a spiralling, tapered plasma
lamp and she loved it LOL!

We hug and hold each other as often as possible, every day. We both like to
show as many small kindnesses as possible, when they are least expected (of
course that's when they're best!).

I won't buy flowers for Valentines - buy them so often anyway, and of
course, everywhere tries to cash in by upping the prices ridiculously.

What I'd really like for us to both be able to do, is have a weekend away -
as far away from all the VD (coincidence? Heheheh...) hype as possible.
Didn't pan out this year, but we've got a lifetime ',;~}~

Shaun aRe - The bucket is > > > that way ',;~}~

"small change" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Craig Brossman wrote:
> > GeeDubb wrote:
> >
> >> A car is way better than the vacuum cleaner I came home with on one
> >> Valentine's Day. I joked that is was a gift.........oops......I'm
> >> still hearing about that 20 years later.
> >>
> >> Gary
> >>

> > It probably wasn't a Miele.

> Dyson is the one alt.sewing women are just RAVING about

Dysons suck.

Shaun aRe

Shaun aRe wrote:
> "small change" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Craig Brossman wrote:

>>>It probably wasn't a Miele.

>>Dyson is the one alt.sewing women are just RAVING about

> Dysons suck.
>

> Shaun aRe

Duh. That's what a vacuum is supposed to do!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

I think I'm gonna http://www.mcclave.com/puke/images/puke_024.jpg
--
Slacker

Slacker wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:08:58 -0000, Shaun aRe
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Kath and I are the same. I buy her flowers when I feel like buying her
>> flowers, for no particular reason, just because I love her, because she's
>> down etc. and she does the same for me. (No one had bought *me* flowers
>> until I met Kath!) Same goes for gifts! Usually for valentines, I'll
>> buy her
>> a gift that's a little different, not much, not really romantic stuff
>> even,
>> generally. The first V gift I bought her was a spiralling, tapered
>> plasma
>> lamp and she loved it LOL!
>>
>> We hug and hold each other as often as possible, every day. We both
>> like to
>> show as many small kindnesses as possible, when they are least
>> expected (of
>> course that's when they're best!).
>>
>> I won't buy flowers for Valentines - buy them so often anyway, and of
>> course, everywhere tries to cash in by upping the prices ridiculously.
>>
>> What I'd really like for us to both be able to do, is have a weekend
>> away -
>> as far away from all the VD (coincidence? Heheheh...) hype as possible.
>> Didn't pan out this year, but we've got a lifetime ',;~}~
>>

>> Shaun aRe - The bucket is > > > that way ',;~}~
>>

> I think I'm gonna http://www.mcclave.com/puke/images/puke_024.jpg

Wow! That web site has quite a collection. Nasty :p

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:25:58 -0700, Shawn
<sdotherecurry@bresnananotherdotnet> wrote:

> Slacker wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:08:58 -0000, Shaun aRe
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Kath and I are the same. I buy her flowers when I feel like buying her
>>> flowers, for no particular reason, just because I love her, because
>>> she's
>>> down etc. and she does the same for me. (No one had bought *me* flowers
>>> until I met Kath!) Same goes for gifts! Usually for valentines, I'll
>>> buy her
>>> a gift that's a little different, not much, not really romantic stuff
>>> even,
>>> generally. The first V gift I bought her was a spiralling, tapered
>>> plasma
>>> lamp and she loved it LOL!
>>>
>>> We hug and hold each other as often as possible, every day. We both
>>> like to
>>> show as many small kindnesses as possible, when they are least
>>> expected (of
>>> course that's when they're best!).
>>>
>>> I won't buy flowers for Valentines - buy them so often anyway, and of
>>> course, everywhere tries to cash in by upping the prices ridiculously.
>>>
>>> What I'd really like for us to both be able to do, is have a weekend
>>> away -
>>> as far away from all the VD (coincidence? Heheheh...) hype as possible.
>>> Didn't pan out this year, but we've got a lifetime ',;~}~
>>>

>>> Shaun aRe - The bucket is > > > that way ',;~}~
>>>

>> I think I'm gonna http://www.mcclave.com/puke/images/puke_024.jpg

> Wow! That web site has quite a collection. Nasty :p

And who of us hasn't been here
http://www.mcclave.com/puke/images/puke_006.jpg :)
--
Slacker

<[email protected]> wrote:

> Kath and I are the same. I buy her flowers when I feel like buying her
> flowers, for no particular reason, just because I love her, because she's
> down etc. and she does the same for me. (No one had bought *me* flowers
> until I met Kath!) Same goes for gifts! Usually for valentines, I'll buy
> her
> a gift that's a little different, not much, not really romantic stuff
> even,
> generally. The first V gift I bought her was a spiralling, tapered
> plasma
> lamp and she loved it LOL!
>
> We hug and hold each other as often as possible, every day. We both like
> show as many small kindnesses as possible, when they are least expected
> (of
> course that's when they're best!).
>
> I won't buy flowers for Valentines - buy them so often anyway, and of
> course, everywhere tries to cash in by upping the prices ridiculously.
>
> What I'd really like for us to both be able to do, is have a weekend
> away -
> as far away from all the VD (coincidence? Heheheh...) hype as possible.
> Didn't pan out this year, but we've got a lifetime ',;~}~
>

> Shaun aRe - The bucket is > > > that way ',;~}~

I think I'm gonna http://www.mcclave.com/puke/images/puke_024.jpg

That's because yerra weak Man Slackratbastard ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Shaun aRe wrote:
> > "small change" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >>Dyson is the one alt.sewing women are just RAVING about

> > Dysons suck.
> >

> > Shaun aRe
> >

> Duh. That's what a vacuum is supposed to do!

I knowz, which is why I mayde da dayem joke inna da foyst PLACE! DUH!
Heheheheheh ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Shaun aRe wrote:
> "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Shaun aRe wrote:
>>
>>>"small change" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>Dysons suck.
>>>

>>>Shaun aRe
>>>

>>Duh. That's what a vacuum is supposed to do!

> I knowz, which is why I mayde da dayem joke inna da foyst PLACE! DUH!
> Heheheheheh ',;~}~
>

> Shaun aRe

Must be "British" humOUr!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Shaun aRe wrote:
> > "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >>Duh. That's what a vacuum is supposed to do!

> > I knowz, which is why I mayde da dayem joke inna da foyst PLACE! DUH!
> > Heheheheheh ',;~}~
> >

> > Shaun aRe
> >

> Must be "British" humOUr!

Funny stuff that British humour.

Shaun aRe

On 14 Feb 2005 09:37:05 -0800, <[email protected]> wrote:

> What the hell is going on in there? Dude, FLUSH!
>
> /s

LOL That was my first thought too. If I saw somebody's toilet looking
like that, I'd be running for the phone *911*
--
Slacker