Valid suspension info, or marketting BS?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Anonymous, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Urs Weder

    Urs Weder Guest

    Jimmy Boffo wrote:
    > http://www.specialized.com/sbc4BarLinkCompare.jsp?compare=otherlinkage

    That's BS! If you compare the wheel movement of both suspension you see that they both flex more or
    less upward. Important is that the bearing of the suspension is as close to the BB as possible to
    reduce a deflexion of the pedals.

    Greetings, Urs

    --
    +-------------------------
    | Urs Weder N 47°23'23" E 9°39'47"
    +------------------------- ( modify address for return email )

  2. Jeffp

    Jeffp Guest

    I agree, as it would appear that the axel dosent' even follow the red arrow line. I'm thinking that
    a better measurement would be the relative distance from the rear axel to the bb spindle, plus who's
    to say that either straight up, arcing back or up and in would give better performance and feel at
    the pedal.

    They might be onto something, but this illustration appears to not be Scottish and therefore CRAP!

    HTH

    JeffP.....

    "Urs Weder" <UrsWeder__a_t__hotmail__d_o_t__com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Jimmy Boffo wrote:
    > > http://www.specialized.com/sbc4BarLinkCompare.jsp?compare=otherlinkage
    > >

    > That's BS! If you compare the wheel movement of both suspension you see that they both flex more
    > or less upward. Important is that the bearing of the suspension is as close to the BB as possible
    > to reduce a deflexion of the pedals.
    >
    > Greetings, Urs
    >
    > --
    > | Urs Weder N 47°23'23" E 9°39'47"