Valley Bikes - Carmel Indiana

franksapper

New Member
Jul 28, 2003
I have had the pleasure of doing business with Valley Bikes in Carmel, Indiana this past Winter and Spring. Mike McDonald and his family run a very nice shop.

I spent the day Yesterday and watched Drew (the son) put together a beautiful custom powerder-coated Blue Bacchetta Stradda, from bare frame to finished bike.

Their hospitality and honesty is one quality that I admire.

I also had the opportunity to meet Ian Sims of Greenspeed. He brought one of his new G-3 trikes to demonstrate. His presence brought many onlookers and customers to Valley Bikes. As a matter of fact, Mike had a great day of sales.

I highly recommend anyone in the MidWest to stop by Valley Bikes in Carmel Indiana. It is located right on the Monon Trail and there is a great specialty hamburger restauarant right across the track.

You wont be sorry.

frank

franksapper wrote:
> I have had the pleasure of doing business with Valley
> Bikes in Carmel, Indiana this past Winter and Spring. Mike
> McDonald and his family run a very nice shop.
>
> I spent the day Yesterday and watched Drew (the son) put
> together a beautiful custom powerder-coated Blue Bacchetta
> Stradda, from bare frame to finished bike.
>
> Their hospitality and honesty is one quality that I
> admire.
>
> I also had the opportunity to meet Ian Sims of Greenspeed.
> He brought one of his new G-3 trikes to demonstrate. His
> presence brought many onlookers and customers to Valley
> Bikes. As a matter of fact, Mike had a great day of sales.
>
> I highly recommend anyone in the MidWest to stop by Valley
> Bikes in Carmel Indiana. It is located right on the Monon
> Trail and there is a great specialty hamburger restauarant
> right across the track.
>
> You wont be sorry.
>

> frank
>

> --

And I'd like to throw in my "seal of approval" - well,
let's just call it an agreement with what you've said. I
was there at Valley Bikes yesterday as well, and it was
fun watching the current Greenspeed owners show up with
their trikes, their reactions to the GT3, and so on.
Mike, his wife and kids, the whole bunch at the store -
they really do a good job.

--
Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY
http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

that's odd i went up there last fall to look at the
recumbent's and was show what they had, then I went home to
compare things on the internet I found out that the
recumbent I was looking at come in 2 differnt sizes, no
mention of that at the shop,then 2 month later i went in to
buy a part for my new recumbent bike,the owner asked where
I had got my bike so i told ,at that point he gave me the
cold shoulder

franksapper wrote:
> I have had the pleasure of doing business with Valley
> Bikes in Carmel, Indiana this past Winter and Spring. Mike
> McDonald and his family run a very nice shop.
>
> I spent the day Yesterday and watched Drew (the son) put
> together a beautiful custom powerder-coated Blue Bacchetta
> Stradda, from bare frame to finished bike.
>
> Their hospitality and honesty is one quality that I
> admire.
>
> I also had the opportunity to meet Ian Sims of Greenspeed.
> He brought one of his new G-3 trikes to demonstrate. His
> presence brought many onlookers and customers to Valley
> Bikes. As a matter of fact, Mike had a great day of sales.
>
> I highly recommend anyone in the MidWest to stop by Valley
> Bikes in Carmel Indiana. It is located right on the Monon
> Trail and there is a great specialty hamburger restauarant
> right across the track.
>
> You wont be sorry.
>

> frank
>

> --

I concur with everything that both of you have said. A great
day was had by all. Mike, Dianne, the boys and Pete are such
nice people and they run a super shop.

Besides meeting and getting autographs from Ian and Rachel
Sims of Greenspeed, I got to meet that bon vivant and
raconteur Larry Varney in person.

Ron 'the one with Gene's wife's fairing'

areles wrote:
> I concur with everything that both of you have said. A
> great day was had by all. Mike, Dianne, the boys and Pete
> are such nice people and they run a super shop.
>
> Besides meeting and getting autographs from Ian and Rachel
> Sims of Greenspeed, I got to meet that bon vivant and
> raconteur Larry Varney in person.
>
> Ron 'the one with Gene's wife's fairing'

Just don't give me your seal of approval! <g> ;)

--
Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY
http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

Thats business, no matter how hard it is there will always be someone who is dissappointed .

And out of every 10 people, 2 will not like you.

Have a great life because yesterday is gone, today is short, and tomorrow may never come.

Originally posted by Rskenny

franksapper wrote:
> I have had the pleasure of doing business with Valley
> Bikes in Carmel, Indiana this past Winter and Spring. Mike
> McDonald and his family run a very nice shop.
>
> I spent the day Yesterday and watched Drew (the son) put
> together a beautiful custom powerder-coated Blue Bacchetta
> Stradda, from bare frame to finished bike.
>
> Their hospitality and honesty is one quality that I
> admire.
>
> I also had the opportunity to meet Ian Sims of Greenspeed.
> He brought one of his new G-3 trikes to demonstrate. His
> presence brought many onlookers and customers to Valley
> Bikes. As a matter of fact, Mike had a great day of sales.
>
> I highly recommend anyone in the MidWest to stop by Valley
> Bikes in Carmel Indiana. It is located right on the Monon
> Trail and there is a great specialty hamburger restauarant
> right across the track.
>
> You wont be sorry.
>

> frank
>

> --

My experience with Valley Bikes was with the former owner,
Dave Doty. He sold me my GS GTO. Although by last June he
wasn't the owner anymore he prepped that trike to
perfection...for a good price, too. I'd bet the new owners
are a chip off the old block, too...

BentJay

"franksapper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have had the pleasure of doing business with Valley
> Bikes in Carmel, Indiana this past Winter and Spring. Mike
> McDonald and his family run a very nice shop.
>
> I spent the day Yesterday and watched Drew (the son) put
> together a beautiful custom powerder-coated Blue Bacchetta
> Stradda, from bare frame to finished bike.
>
> Their hospitality and honesty is one quality that I
> admire.
>
> I also had the opportunity to meet Ian Sims of Greenspeed.
> He brought one of his new G-3 trikes to demonstrate. His
> presence brought many onlookers and customers to Valley
> Bikes. As a matter of fact, Mike had a great day of sales.
>
> I highly recommend anyone in the MidWest to stop by Valley
> Bikes in Carmel Indiana. It is located right on the Monon
> Trail and there is a great specialty hamburger restauarant
> right across the track.
>
> You wont be sorry.
>

> frank

For such a small shop they have a fairly large bent
selection, I stopped by last year and test rode an
Optima Baron

[email protected] (BentJay) wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> My experience with Valley Bikes was with the former owner,
> Dave Doty. He sold me my GS GTO. Although by last June he
> wasn't the owner anymore he prepped that trike to
> perfection...for a good price, too. I'd bet the new owners
> are a chip off the old block, too...
>
> BentJay

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Dave leave to attend
seminary!