Valley Bikes - Carmel Indiana

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by franksapper, May 4, 2004.

  1. franksapper

    franksapper New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2003
    I have had the pleasure of doing business with Valley Bikes in Carmel, Indiana this past Winter and Spring. Mike McDonald and his family run a very nice shop.

    I spent the day Yesterday and watched Drew (the son) put together a beautiful custom powerder-coated Blue Bacchetta Stradda, from bare frame to finished bike.

    Their hospitality and honesty is one quality that I admire.

    I also had the opportunity to meet Ian Sims of Greenspeed. He brought one of his new G-3 trikes to demonstrate. His presence brought many onlookers and customers to Valley Bikes. As a matter of fact, Mike had a great day of sales.

    I highly recommend anyone in the MidWest to stop by Valley Bikes in Carmel Indiana. It is located right on the Monon Trail and there is a great specialty hamburger restauarant right across the track.

    You wont be sorry.

    frank

    Tags:

  2. Larry Varney

    Larry Varney Guest

    franksapper wrote:
    > I have had the pleasure of doing business with Valley
    > Bikes in Carmel, Indiana this past Winter and Spring. Mike
    > McDonald and his family run a very nice shop.
    >
    > I spent the day Yesterday and watched Drew (the son) put
    > together a beautiful custom powerder-coated Blue Bacchetta
    > Stradda, from bare frame to finished bike.
    >
    > Their hospitality and honesty is one quality that I
    > admire.
    >
    > I also had the opportunity to meet Ian Sims of Greenspeed.
    > He brought one of his new G-3 trikes to demonstrate. His
    > presence brought many onlookers and customers to Valley
    > Bikes. As a matter of fact, Mike had a great day of sales.
    >
    > I highly recommend anyone in the MidWest to stop by Valley
    > Bikes in Carmel Indiana. It is located right on the Monon
    > Trail and there is a great specialty hamburger restauarant
    > right across the track.
    >
    > You wont be sorry.
    >

    > frank
    >

    > --

    And I'd like to throw in my "seal of approval" - well,
    let's just call it an agreement with what you've said. I
    was there at Valley Bikes yesterday as well, and it was
    fun watching the current Greenspeed owners show up with
    their trikes, their reactions to the GT3, and so on.
    Mike, his wife and kids, the whole bunch at the store -
    they really do a good job.

    --
    Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY
    http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

  3. Rskenny

    Rskenny Guest

    that's odd i went up there last fall to look at the
    recumbent's and was show what they had, then I went home to
    compare things on the internet I found out that the
    recumbent I was looking at come in 2 differnt sizes, no
    mention of that at the shop,then 2 month later i went in to
    buy a part for my new recumbent bike,the owner asked where
    I had got my bike so i told ,at that point he gave me the
    cold shoulder

    franksapper wrote:
    > I have had the pleasure of doing business with Valley
    > Bikes in Carmel, Indiana this past Winter and Spring. Mike
    > McDonald and his family run a very nice shop.
    >
    > I spent the day Yesterday and watched Drew (the son) put
    > together a beautiful custom powerder-coated Blue Bacchetta
    > Stradda, from bare frame to finished bike.
    >
    > Their hospitality and honesty is one quality that I
    > admire.
    >
    > I also had the opportunity to meet Ian Sims of Greenspeed.
    > He brought one of his new G-3 trikes to demonstrate. His
    > presence brought many onlookers and customers to Valley
    > Bikes. As a matter of fact, Mike had a great day of sales.
    >
    > I highly recommend anyone in the MidWest to stop by Valley
    > Bikes in Carmel Indiana. It is located right on the Monon
    > Trail and there is a great specialty hamburger restauarant
    > right across the track.
    >
    > You wont be sorry.
    >

    > frank
    >

    > --

  4. Areles

    Areles Guest

    I concur with everything that both of you have said. A great
    day was had by all. Mike, Dianne, the boys and Pete are such
    nice people and they run a super shop.

    Besides meeting and getting autographs from Ian and Rachel
    Sims of Greenspeed, I got to meet that bon vivant and
    raconteur Larry Varney in person.

    Ron 'the one with Gene's wife's fairing'

  5. Larry Varney

    Larry Varney Guest

    areles wrote:
    > I concur with everything that both of you have said. A
    > great day was had by all. Mike, Dianne, the boys and Pete
    > are such nice people and they run a super shop.
    >
    > Besides meeting and getting autographs from Ian and Rachel
    > Sims of Greenspeed, I got to meet that bon vivant and
    > raconteur Larry Varney in person.
    >
    > Ron 'the one with Gene's wife's fairing'

    Just don't give me your seal of approval! <g> ;)

    --
    Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY
    http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

  6. franksapper

    franksapper New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2003
    Thats business, no matter how hard it is there will always be someone who is dissappointed .

    And out of every 10 people, 2 will not like you.

    Have a great life because yesterday is gone, today is short, and tomorrow may never come.

  7. Bentjay

    Bentjay Guest

    My experience with Valley Bikes was with the former owner,
    Dave Doty. He sold me my GS GTO. Although by last June he
    wasn't the owner anymore he prepped that trike to
    perfection...for a good price, too. I'd bet the new owners
    are a chip off the old block, too...

    BentJay

  8. Mark Leuck

    Mark Leuck Guest

    "franksapper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have had the pleasure of doing business with Valley
    > Bikes in Carmel, Indiana this past Winter and Spring. Mike
    > McDonald and his family run a very nice shop.
    >
    > I spent the day Yesterday and watched Drew (the son) put
    > together a beautiful custom powerder-coated Blue Bacchetta
    > Stradda, from bare frame to finished bike.
    >
    > Their hospitality and honesty is one quality that I
    > admire.
    >
    > I also had the opportunity to meet Ian Sims of Greenspeed.
    > He brought one of his new G-3 trikes to demonstrate. His
    > presence brought many onlookers and customers to Valley
    > Bikes. As a matter of fact, Mike had a great day of sales.
    >
    > I highly recommend anyone in the MidWest to stop by Valley
    > Bikes in Carmel Indiana. It is located right on the Monon
    > Trail and there is a great specialty hamburger restauarant
    > right across the track.
    >
    > You wont be sorry.
    >

    > frank

    For such a small shop they have a fairly large bent
    selection, I stopped by last year and test rode an
    Optima Baron

  9. Mlb

    Mlb Guest

    [email protected] (BentJay) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > My experience with Valley Bikes was with the former owner,
    > Dave Doty. He sold me my GS GTO. Although by last June he
    > wasn't the owner anymore he prepped that trike to
    > perfection...for a good price, too. I'd bet the new owners
    > are a chip off the old block, too...
    >
    > BentJay

    If I'm not mistaken, I believe Dave leave to attend
    seminary!