Value of 1999 Trek Armstrong Limited Edition?

tango09

Aug 28, 2006
A buddy of mine has a limited edition Trek frame. I can't find any other model markings on the frame but it is yellow with the U.S. Postal sticker on the seat tube. The bike is yellow and has stars and stripes on the forks and seat/chainstays. The top tube has Lance Armstrongs signature and there is a "badge" on the downtube that shows the frame is #--- of 1999.

I was told Trek made only 1999 of the frames to celebrate L.A.'s TDF victory. My friend says he put about 1,000 miles on the frame but it looks like it's right out of the box.

I'd apprciate any thoughts or comments about what the frame/fork may be approximately worth today.

Thanks

tango09 said:
A buddy of mine has a limited edition Trek frame. I can't find any other model markings on the frame but it is yellow with the U.S. Postal sticker on the seat tube. The bike is yellow and has stars and stripes on the forks and seat/chainstays. The top tube has Lance Armstrongs signature and there is a "badge" on the downtube that shows the frame is #--- of 1999.

I was told Trek made only 1999 of the frames to celebrate L.A.'s TDF victory. My friend says he put about 1,000 miles on the frame but it looks like it's right out of the box.

I'd apprciate any thoughts or comments about what the frame/fork may be approximately worth today.

Thanks

Do an eBay search of recently completed listings for Trek OCLV frames. Those OCLV frames are very common as thousands have been sold over the past several years, and they can be obtained at quite a bargain (around $300-$600 for used OCLV frames of that age-depending on condition). The limited edition paint job might increase the value for a collector. You can contact Trek to verify the story about the limited edition and to verify the serial number.

tango09 said:

Thanks
Hi

A LBS down here is still selling it for 12,000 AUD as its a special edition rare unit. I just saw it yesterday.

kleng said:
Hi

A LBS down here is still selling it for 12,000 AUD as its a special edition rare unit. I just saw it yesterday.
Still with 9-speed?!?!?! What a ripoff, go and buy a brand new giant or trek, or BMC with that and have some left over for nice wheels.

bobbyOCR said:
Still with 9-speed?!?!?! What a ripoff, go and buy a brand new giant or trek, or BMC with that and have some left over for nice wheels.
Oh well if it is with 10 speed dura ace and only 500 are made, plus being a 2003 model, $10,000 AUD isn't too much