Valverde slams Evans as "weak"

Bro Deal said:
McEwen should not even be on the TdF squad. He is taking up a slot that could have been used by a rider like Horner or a brick shithouse like Voight.

Have McEwen finish the Giro for once and go for the points jersey there. With Peta out that could have been a plan.
Exactly right! Look at T-Mobile in 2005 leaving out Zabel to help Ullrich. Unfortunately, it didn't work out.

Grater said:
Exactly right! Look at T-Mobile in 2005 leaving out Zabel to help Ullrich. Unfortunately, it didn't work out.
It helps if the leader can avoid crashing mutliple times.

Can anyone imagine Armstrong putting up with the same **** Evans does as far as team makeup and support goes? Maybe Evans is too nice for his own good.

There would be a few reasons Silence took McEwen to the Tour de France.

1. The bloke has about 100 pro wins and 12 Tour stage wins:rolleyes:
2. Teams like to take a sprinter. If he wins a stage its good for team morale. McEwen is still one of the elite sprinters.
3. They aren't paying him $1,000,000 per year to sit on his **** at home to watch the Tour on TV or ride the Tour of Austria
4. He likely has a clause in his contract that he automatically gets a ride in the Tour unless he is injured.
5. He is one of the most tactically astute riders in the whole peloton
6. He is one of the most recognisable sportsmen in Belgium, which amazing enough is where the sponsor is based.

Geez you lot are farkin geniuses sometimes.

classic1 said:

2. Teams like to take a sprinter. If he wins a stage its good for team morale. McEwen is still one of the elite sprinters.
3. They aren't paying him $1,000,000 per year to sit on his **** at home to watch the Tour on TV or ride the Tour of Austria
4. He likely has a clause in his contract that he automatically gets a ride in the Tour.
6. He is one of the most recognisable sportsmen in Belgium, which amazing enough is where the sponsor is based.

geoff, you agree with classic?

classic1 said:

4. He likely has a clause in his contract that he automatically gets a ride in the Tour unless he is injured.

BWAHAHAHAHA...& now 'Grater' will go , "I'm with you" BWAHAHAHAHA :D

Bro Deal said:
It helps if the leader can avoid crashing mutliple times.

Can anyone imagine Armstrong putting up with the same **** Evans does as far as team makeup and support goes? Maybe Evans is too nice for his own good.
Evans doesn't have the same clout as what Armstrong did.
Evans TDF wins = 0 (kind of stating the obvious :p )
he would have to get to a point of domination to be able to demand.
Oh yeah and of course be part owner of the team kind of makes it easier to demand :p

Trev_S said:
Oh yeah and of course be part owner of the team kind of makes it easier to demand :p

Good point as some people would still be racing, or would have been the last couple of years, if in the same situation as Armstrong.
Don't ever underestimate the influence of the media.

Trev_S said:
2008_tour_de_france_stage11_cadel_evans_serge_borle_bodyguard.jpg

well the pretender is, at least, trying to emulate livewrong.

classic1 said:

Re: #5 above - McEwen apparently played a very valuable role in Stage 11 yesterday, according to Evans:
Robbie McEwen has been assigned the role at Silence-Lotto of watching the front of the peloton in the active opening salvos as the day’s breakaways go off the front. Under new rules introduced this year, the Tour’s course radio won’t broadcast the names and bib numbers of attacking riders in the first 50km of each stage until a gap is opened of 30 seconds. That’s supposed to give more rope to attacking riders and put more onus back on the riders to think and act independently from sport directors.

So when the day’s attacks ramped up early in Wednesday’s stage, veteran sprinter McEwen stayed near the front and radioed back to Evans and the team directors who won on the attack. McEwen would then bark out orders to riders to chase down riders who are dangerous to Evans.

“Thanks to a quick-thinking McEwen, it was a pretty stress-free day,” Evans said. “He’s our lieutenant on the road.”
I'm guessing that Lotto is glad they have him there.

jhuskey said:
I don't think he will need a strong team this year. He just needs to stay close with the 3 or 4 other guys in the mountains and out TT Ricco.
I don't think he needs to out tt Riccò anymore...

He will probebly win because certain decision makers want him to win.

Upps did I really say that?:eek:

classic1 said:

For once I agree with an Aussie. McEwen is (or at least was) way more valuable than Evans. In addition to all the points above, it all comes down to the fact that McEwen wins races, Evans doesn't....and I hope it stays that way.

Crankyfeet said:
I doubt it. Classic is a great bloke. Geoff is Sofa King We Todd Add.
LOL. Could you lick out his **** any harder? Seriously Crankyfeet calm down.

I really dont need an internet forum stalker. I called you captain obvious weeks ago and you are still crying about it?

If you do come to Melbourne please go riding with Hitchy cos I dont farken want ya. You scare me.

And Thunder - stop being a ghey lord.
tongue.gif
Classic1 is right a lot of the time but apparently he barracks for Collingwood so there is a little bit of retard in him.

cyclingheroes said:
I don't think he needs to out tt Riccò anymore...

He will probebly win because certain decision makers want him to win.

Upps did I really say that?:eek:
Hmm, some interesting footage from the beginning of the stage with Evans riding next to Prudhomme's car having a conversation. Prudhomme patting Evans' arm a couple of times in what seemed to be a reassuring manner - wonder what the topic under discussion was?

matagi said:
Hmm, some interesting footage from the beginning of the stage with Evans riding next to Prudhomme's car having a conversation. Prudhomme patting Evans' arm a couple of times in what seemed to be a reassuring manner - wonder what the topic under discussion was?
maybe Cadel was making sure that he could keep all those stuffed lions
rolleyes.gif

Geoff Vadar said:
LOL. Could you lick out his **** any harder? Seriously Crankyfeet calm down.

I really dont need an internet forum stalker. I called you captain obvious weeks ago and you are still crying about it?

If you do come to Melbourne please go riding with Hitchy cos I dont farken want ya. You scare me.

And Thunder - stop being a ghey lord.
tongue.gif
Classic1 is right a lot of the time but apparently he barracks for Collingwood so there is a little bit of retard in him.
Don't hijack the thread.

I take **** from friends on here all the time.

When a guy I don't know gives me **** after making 30 posts on the forum, I'll give him some fresh poo in return.
wink.gif

More about McEwen's new role as team tactician -
ROBBIE McEWEN has etched his name as one of the world's best road sprinters; but he could end up going down in cycling history as one of the masterminds behind the first win by an Australian in the Tour de France.

fscyclist said:
For once I agree with an Aussie. McEwen is (or at least was) way more valuable than Evans. In addition to all the points above, it all comes down to the fact that McEwen wins races, Evans doesn't....and I hope it stays that way.
**** no. I take it all back then.