Valverde vows to prove his innocence

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
Mr Valverde vows to prove his innocence :confused: it sound like he is being used as a scapegoat.

cyclingnews.com said:
Acknowledges possiblity of world-wide ban

Following the confirmation of his ban from riding in Italy by the Court of Arbritration for Sport earlier this week, Alejandro Valverde has pledged that he will "fight and do everything that I can" to prove his innocence.

Valverde was speaking at a reception where he was presented with an award as athlete of the year for 2009 in his home region of Murcia. "I'm going to continue with my normal training after speaking with [Caisse d'Epargne team boss] Eusebio Unzué. We are not going to throw in the towel although this is something that's hard to live with," said the Spaniard, who will be 30 next month.
Link: Valverde Vows To Prove His Innocence | Cyclingnews.com

Cliche...

These guys would have you believe nobody dopes in the pro peloton...

How Ullrich gets to keep that gold medal is incredible...

All these guys associated with Puerto should have been raked over the coals...

Ullrich is about the only one that has been raked. Others are teflon and why segregate Puerto as the only doping offense?

Refresh my memory as to what charges have stuck to Ullrich??? Seeing as you mentioned "others are teflon".

Why did I mention Puerto? Because that's what Valverde is now being nailed on.

tonyzackery said:
Refresh my memory as to what charges have stuck to Ullrich??? Seeing as you mentioned "others are teflon".

Those charges that were dropped a while back. That decision is now under appeal. He will be hounded until he is 90.

tonyzackery said:

Keep up with current events Tony...

Something about a $1.5million dollar payment to have all charges dropped that a DA in Bonn had brought against him.