Valverde wins Paris-Nice as Julich crashes out!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by crit PRO, Mar 11, 2005.

  1. crit PRO

    crit PRO Guest

    Uh, sorry 'bout that. Was reading the Monday March 14th headlines. I
    gotta stop doing that.

    crit PRO

    Tags:

  2. Chris M

    Chris M Guest

    As if anyone ever got hooked by a fake subject line from you?! LOL...

  3. Chris M wrote:
    > As if anyone ever got hooked by a fake subject line from you?! LOL...

    When did he post one that was authentic?
    --
    Perre
    I gave up on SPAM and redirected it to hotmail instead.

  4. crit PRO

    crit PRO Guest

    from www.velonews.com

    Bobby Julich held off a flurry of vicious attacks from Alejandro
    Valverde (Illes Balears) and Constantino Zaballa's entire Saunier Duval
    team in Sunday's final stage of Paris-Nice, taking the overall title to
    the very first event in the UCI's new ProTour calendar.

    But it almost didn't happen that way.

    Indeed, Julich believed that the worst was behind him as he rolled to
    the crest of the day's final climb, the Col d'Eze, just 16km from the
    day's finish in Nice. Just a descent and a flat ride to the finish
    stood between him and certain victory in Paris-Nice when he suffered an
    unexpected fright. Julich nearly hooked his handlebars with one of the
    motorcycles that ferry cameramen and photographers and nearly went
    skidding to the tarmac.

    "That was the worst moment. I was thinking, here I am at the top of Col
    d'Eze and the race is nearly won, and I almost get knocked off because
    of a motorcycle," said Julich.

    Julich had a close call, but Paris-Nice turned out to be a great ride
    for the American.

    Despite that scare, Julich roared down the serpentine descent off Col
    d'Eze on a spectacular sunny day along France's glimmering Cote d'Azur
    and could sit back to watch Valverde take the stage victory.

  5. On 13 Mar 2005 10:16:12 -0800, crit PRO wrote:
    > "But it almost didn't happen that way."

    Candyass.

    --
    Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

  6. "crit PRO" <[email protected]> wrote in news:1110591324.203226.83650
    @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Uh, sorry 'bout that. Was reading the Monday March 14th headlines. I
    > gotta stop doing that.
    >
    > crit PRO

    Nostrodomus,

    Don't quit your day job.
    If you have one besides the $10k dream, that is.

    - Boyd S.

  7. crit PRO

    crit PRO Guest

    Boyd Speerschneider wrote:
    > "crit PRO" <[email protected]> wrote in news:1110591324.203226.83650
    > @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > Uh, sorry 'bout that. Was reading the Monday March 14th headlines.

    > > gotta stop doing that.
    > >
    > > crit PRO
    > >

    > Nostrodomus,
    >
    > Don't quit your day job.
    > If you have one besides the $10k dream, that is.
    >
    > - Boyd S.

    It was a good guess. Valverde won the final stage, was second overall
    by ten seconds, and Booby almost stacked it. Suck it.