Vandedrome for sale

"christopher a moyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3604079802

hey maaan, this is a raaaaaaaacing grouuuuuuuuuup, you cant post that kind of stuff here
mannnnn.....lololololololo

is this the same one they used in the Atlanta Olympics? not very often you can buy one of these
things. its even less expensive than a nice humvee. better gas mileage to. ****, im buying it and
putting it in downtown rifle Colorado.

In article <[email protected]>, JTN <[email protected]> wrote:

>"christopher a moyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:p[email protected]...
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3604079802
>

>hey maaan, this is a raaaaaaaacing grouuuuuuuuuup, you cant post that kind of stuff here
>mannnnn.....lololololololo
>
>is this the same one they used in the Atlanta Olympics? not very often you can buy one of these
>things. its even less expensive than a nice humvee. better gas mileage to. ****, im buying it and
>putting it in downtown rifle Colorado.

No, that track is in Bromont Canada, I believe.

This is the Vandedrome, the one the used for the 98 Goodwill Games.

It hasn't seen the light of day since.

Scott
--
-*- Scott Patton -*- Colorado Springs, CO -*- http://www.FixedGearFever.com -*- Track Racing
Web Services

This thing has been sitting in a field, uncovered, for the last 5 years or so. I pass by it close to
every day and sometimes wonder why it has not been thrown out.

I rode on this track when they had it set up in Somerville in 1998. It is very steep and short; not
for beginners as the ad suggests.

"scott patton" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, JTN <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >"christopher a moyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:p[email protected]...
> >> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3604079802
> >

> >hey maaan, this is a raaaaaaaacing grouuuuuuuuuup, you cant post that
kind
> >of stuff here mannnnn.....lololololololo
> >
> >is this the same one they used in the Atlanta Olympics? not very often
you
> >can buy one of these things. its even less expensive than a nice humvee. better gas mileage to.
> >****, im buying it and putting it in downtown rifle Colorado.
> >

> No, that track is in Bromont Canada, I believe.
>
> This is the Vandedrome, the one the used for the 98 Goodwill Games.
>
> It hasn't seen the light of day since.
>
> Scott
> --
> -*- Scott Patton -*- Colorado Springs, CO -*- http://www.FixedGearFever.com -*- Track Racing Web
> Services

I have to say that was pretty interesting, even though wrong newsgroup. Considering how interesting
that was I would certainly overlook it being posted here. No bids yet. I wonder how much that puppy
is worth and how much it will go out for. I wouldn't mind having that in my backyard. Might take you
life savings but sure would be cool, but you need a roof over it. I think I would rather have that
then a big swimming pool. Maintenence might be costly though. I don't know.

Bruce
-------------------

"Ken Drake" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> This thing has been sitting in a field, uncovered, for the last 5 years or so. I pass by it close
> to every day and sometimes wonder why it has not
been
> thrown out.

Sitting in a field uncovered for 5 years.

The boards must be very warped by now.

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Bruce Johnston wrote:

> I have to say that was pretty interesting, even though wrong newsgroup. Considering how
> interesting that was I would certainly overlook it being posted here. No bids yet. I wonder how
> much that puppy is worth and how much it will go out for. I wouldn't mind having that in my
> backyard. Might take you life savings but sure would be cool, but you need a roof over it. I
> think I would rather have that then a big swimming pool. Maintenence might be costly though. I
> don't know.
>
> Bruce
> -------------------
> "christopher a moyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3604079802

With all due respect, I don't think it is 'the wrong newsgroup.' I'm not the one selling it, but I
did post it, because it is news of interest to people who race bikes. It's distinctly different
from, say, 'Like New: Trimble Monocoque for Auction.' Although that must be almost as rare, I
suppose...

-CM

> "Ken Drake" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > This thing has been sitting in a field, uncovered, for the last 5 years or so. I pass by it
> > close to every day and sometimes wonder why it has not
> been
> > thrown out.
>

> Sitting in a field uncovered for 5 years.
>
> The boards must be very warped by now.

The ad says the boards need to be replaced...at at cost of about 15K

Dave

"Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> ............ I wouldn't mind having that in my backyard. Might take you life savings but sure
> would be cool, but you need a roof over it. I think I would rather have that then a big swimming
> pool. Maintenence might be costly though. I don't know.

I would also rather have that than a swimming pool. Better yet, I can build a swimming pool in the
infield. And put a big cover over the whole thing. I wonder what my neighbors would think of that.

Well, I can always dream.

Tom

"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

<snip>

>> Sitting in a field uncovered for 5 years.
>>
>> The boards must be very warped by now.
>

> The ad says the boards need to be replaced...at at cost of about 15K
>
> Dave

What's the structure made out of? Steel I assume. It hasn't turned into a pile of rust yet?

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Boyd Speerschneider wrote:

> "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>
> <snip>
>
> >> Sitting in a field uncovered for 5 years.
> >>
> >> The boards must be very warped by now.
> >

> > The ad says the boards need to be replaced...at at cost of about 15K
> >
> > Dave
>
> What's the structure made out of? Steel I assume. It hasn't turned into a pile of rust yet?

Actually, I think the structure is made out of wood, but don't hold me to that.

-CM

"christopher a moyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...

> On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Boyd Speerschneider wrote:
>
> > "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
> >
> > <snip>

> > > The ad says the boards need to be replaced...at at cost of about 15K
> > >
> > > Dave
> >
> > What's the structure made out of? Steel I assume. It hasn't turned into a pile of rust yet?
> >
> Actually, I think the structure is made out of wood, but don't hold me to that.

There is almost no way a wood-framed velodrome would be able to stay true.

I remember it being mild steel. I'd be willing to bet that's what it is - it is the most practical
material in both cost and performance for that application.

Well if you have a pool in the middle, that means you have to put a cool ramp in also, so you can
jump your bike into the water when its hot.

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> "christopher a moyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
> >
> > On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Boyd Speerschneider wrote:
> >
> > > "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
> > >
> > > <snip>

> > > What's the structure made out of? Steel I assume. It hasn't turned into a pile of rust yet?
> > >
> > Actually, I think the structure is made out of wood, but don't hold me to that.
>

> There is almost no way a wood-framed velodrome would be able to stay true.
>
> I remember it being mild steel. I'd be willing to bet that's what it is - it is the most practical
> material in both cost and performance for that application.

Well now I'm curious which it is. I said it was wood mostly on a guess (cheaper, lighter for set-up
and transport, and easier to fabricate replacement pieces, I was thinking). The thing rumbled like a
wooden roller coaster (they made those out of wood, so why not the track?), but I can't remember
what the understructure was made of for sure.

For those of you who never saw it or rode it, you really have to see it to believe it.

Did you ever get to ride it Henry? Just curious.

-CM

"christopher a moyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...

> Well now I'm curious which it is. I said it was wood mostly on a guess (cheaper, lighter for
> set-up and transport, and easier to fabricate replacement pieces, I was thinking). The thing
> rumbled like a wooden roller coaster

So does the Superdrome (Frisco TX.) when you ride on it Dave

"christopher a moyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...

> Well now I'm curious which it is. I said it was wood mostly on a guess (cheaper, lighter for
> set-up and transport, and easier to fabricate replacement pieces, I was thinking). The thing
> rumbled like a wooden roller coaster (they made those out of wood, so why not the track?), but I
> can't remember what the understructure was made of for sure.
>
> For those of you who never saw it or rode it, you really have to see it to believe it.
>
> Did you ever get to ride it Henry? Just curious.

I rode and raced on it a few times at its debut in Del Mar. Scared the **** out of me.

"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]>

> > Did you ever get to ride it Henry? Just curious.
>
> I rode and raced on it a few times at its debut in Del Mar. Scared the
****
> out of me.

*****.

BTW, it has a steel understructure.

> "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]>
> > >
> > > Did you ever get to ride it Henry? Just curious.
> >
> > I rode and raced on it a few times at its debut in Del Mar. Scared the
> ****
> > out of me.
> >

> *****.

and proud of it.

> BTW, it has a steel understructure.

The only way to go.

Were you on the team pursuit squad that raced there? They pretty much ruled every single race that
wasn't a keirin or match sprint. The rest of us didn't have either the power or the skills. That
thing is a terror for those of us used to 333 meter tracks.

"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]>

> Were you on the team pursuit squad that raced there? They pretty much
ruled
> every single race that wasn't a keirin or match sprint. The rest of us didn't have either the
> power or the skills. That thing is a terror for
those
> of us used to 333 meter tracks.

As a group, yes I was part of the team pursuit squad there when it was at Del Mar, but we never did
a team pursuit on it. I don't think it was practical to do any standing start events as you couldn't
stand up in the bends.

Fortunately, having ridden on several 166m and one 135m track before, this wasn't such a big
adjustment for me.

Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Did you ever get to ride it Henry? Just curious.

> I rode and raced on it a few times at its debut in Del Mar. Scared the **** out of me.

Is there a weight restriction? Were you over it?

Just curious.

Bob "Masters fattie" Schwartz [email protected]