Vandeman's ramblings published in Backpacker magazine

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 06:50:38 GMT, "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote:

.Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in .news:[email protected]: . .>
On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 08:53:46 GMT, "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> .> wrote: .> .> ."Richard Watts"
<[email protected]> wrote in .> .news:p[email protected]: .> . .> .> MV's
same old tirade has been published in the September 2003 issue .> of .> Backpacker magazine. Page 26
asks the question: Should mountain .> bikes .> be allowed on hiking trails? .> . .> .Hey, How about
this! Should hikers be allowed on mountain bike .> trails! They .are usually the ones responsible
for most .> bike/pedestrian related .accedents. .> .> BS. If you weren't on a bike, there would have
been no accident. . . .HAhahahahahaha! You got kicked out of the Sierra Club. HAhahahahahahahaha!
.Pthththththtt!

BS.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 19:43:23 -0400, "MLL" <reply.to.the.group.not.me> wrote:

. ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 07:50:40 -0400, "MLL"
<reply.to.the.group.not.me> .wrote: .> .> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message .>
.news:[email protected]... .> .> On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 04:36:13 GMT, Gary S.
<Idontwantspam@net> wrote: .> .> .> .> .On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 04:02:53 GMT, Mike Vandeman
<[email protected]> .> .> .wrote: .> .> . .> .> .>On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 02:33:19 GMT, "Richard
Watts" <[email protected]> .> .wrote: .> .> .> .> .> .>.MV's same old tirade has been published in
the September 2003 issue .of .> .> .>.Backpacker magazine. Page 26 asks the question: Should
mountain .bikes .> .be .> .> .>.allowed on hiking trails? Of course MV says no. His argument
.against .> .bikes .> .> .>.is the same as always; only the bikes are banned, not the bikers .>
.Mountain .> .> .>.bikes run over animals, etc.. .> .> .>. .> .> .>.The credit for his editorial
lists him as Former Chair, Wildlife .> .Committee, .> .> .>.San Fransisco Bay Chapter of the Sierra
Club. I think maybe I'll .let .> .my .> .> .>.Sierra Club membership elapse after seeing that one. I
wonder what .> .George .> .> .>.Dubya's position on mountain biking is? .> .> .>. .> .> .Considering
that he was removed from that position by his local .> .> .chapter of the SC for "Breach of
Leadership Trust", and the national .> .> .Board of the Sierra Club has banned him from holding
elective or .> .> .appointive office in the Sierra Club, I am not certain that his using .> .> .that
title is appropriate. It would be if he had retired gracefully. .> .> . .> .> .Technically correct
in a narrow sense, but not appropriate to use a .> .> ."former" title when one has been removed from
that position for cause. .> .> .> .> You are LYING. The Board was required to drop that charge, for
missing .> .their own .> .> deadline. And it was NOT "for cause", but for telling the truth. .> .>
=== .> .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to .> .> humans ("pure
habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 .> .> years fighting auto dependence and road
construction.) .> .> .> .> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande .> . .> .Mike, .> .Your website contains
the statement "It is probably impossible to .understand .> .my web page, if you own a car. .> .Or a
mountain bike." I find 2 things interesting: (1) that you put it at .> .the bottom of your site and
(2) that you said it all. Surely you know .that .> .such arrogance is seen as nothing more than
self-serving and idiotic. I .own .> .a car and a mountain bike. I understand your views .> .> If you
think so, then tell me what they are. This should be good! .> .> and I know you will lose .> .the
argument because you do not, in spite of your education, understand .> .fundamental human nature.
You don't get people to listen, much less .> .cooperate, by slapping them in the face. .> .> How
have I "slapped you in the face"? You obviously lack some .understanding, .> since you believe you
have been slapped in the face. In reality, I only .tell the .> truth. That's what mountain bikers
consider a slap in the face. :) .> .> .PS .> .Watch those sentence fragments! .> .> Which ones? .>
=== .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to .> humans ("pure habitat").
Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 .> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.) .>
.> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande . .Mike, .You're right. .I own a car so I couldn't possibly
understand your web site. .Furthermore, I own a mountain bike and one who owns such a vehicle
couldn't .possibly understand your website. .If I rid myself of the car and bike will I understand
your website?

No, it's necessary, but not sufficient.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Still working for the largest land raping corporate machine in California mikey? Cut down sever
million trees to make telephone polls this month or did you miss your quota?

--
_________________________

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:12:32 -0300, Chris Phillipo <[email protected]> wrote:

.Still working for the largest land raping corporate machine in .California mikey? Cut down sever
million trees to make telephone polls .this month or did you miss your quota?

Last I heard, that was PG&E, liar.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:12:32 -0300, Chris Phillipo <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .Still working for the largest land raping corporate machine in .California mikey? Cut down sever
> million trees to make telephone polls .this month or did you miss your quota?
>
> Last I heard, that was PG&E, liar.
> ===

Oh yeah, Pac Bell cuts them down for phone books.

SAN FRANCISCO (GP) -- Pacific Bell is one of California's major consumers of paper from the British
Columbia rainforests, which are being clearcut at a rate that could wipe out the Canadian province's
old-growth forests within 20 years, according to environmentalists, who are demanding that Pac Bell
switch to recycled paper for its directories.

"Pac Bell likes to say if it's not in the Yellow Pages, maybe it doesn't exist," said Pamela
Wellner, Greenpeace forest campaigner. "The truth is, British Columbia's trees are in there, so now
the forest doesn't exist. It's ludicrous that thousand- year-old trees are being cut down for phone
books and newspapers when there are environmentally sound alternatives."

According to Hayden's investigation, both Pacific Bell, which serves much of the state, and GTE in
Southern California print their Yellow Pages on paper from MacMillan Bloedel, the largest timber
company in British Columbia. MacMillan Bloedel has come under heavy fire in Canada -- and in recent
weeks has been the target of mass protests around the world -- for its leading role in the
clearcutting of Clayoquot Sound on Vancouver Island, one of the largest intact areas of ancient
temperate rainforest in the world.

The Canadian government says B.C.'s ancient forests are being destroyed at a rate of 640,000 acres
per year -- a level of destruction that has earned the province the reputation as the "Brazil of the
North." More than two-thirds of British Columbia's wood exports go to the United States, where per
capita paper consumption is by far the highest in the world.

nb"Using rainforests to print Yellow Pages is about as short- sighted as can be," said Hayden. "We
must demand that Pacific Bell and GTE find alternatives to ancient rainforests as a paper source."

According to research by Greenpeace, a number of other North American telephone companies print at
least portions of their directories on recycled paper. For example, directories for both Bell
Atlantic and NYNEX are printed by NADCO, a Pennsylvania company that has sources of 100 percent
recycled paper.

Sen. Hayden has also found that a number of California newspaper companies -- including the San Jose
Mercury News, Riverside Press-Enterprise and Lesher Communications, publishers of the Contra Costa
Times and other East Bay papers -- also buy paper from MacMillan Bloedel. The San Francisco
Newspaper Agency, publisher of the Chronicle and the Examiner, recently cancelled its contract with
MacMillan Bloedel for what it said were financial, not environmental, reasons.

On 3 Oct 2003 05:56:42 -0700, [email protected] (R.White) wrote:

.Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>... .> On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:12:32 -0300, Chris
Phillipo .> <[email protected]> wrote: .> .> .Still working for the largest land raping
corporate machine in .> .California mikey? Cut down sever million trees to make telephone polls .>
.this month or did you miss your quota? .> .> Last I heard, that was PG&E, liar. .> === . .Oh yeah,
[...]

Maybe that's why I don't work for them.
===

Mike Vandeman wrote:

> Maybe that's why I don't work for them.

Ahh, you are faking the headers to just 'look' like a rep from pacbell.net eh?

I wonder what they would think of a nutbar like you acting like a pacbell rep?

Mike

> [...]
> .and GTE find alternatives to ancient rainforests as a paper .source." . .According to research
> by Greenpeace, a number of other North .American telephone companies print at least portions of
> their .directories on recycled paper. For example, directories for both .Bell Atlantic and NYNEX
> are printed by NADCO, a Pennsylvania .company that has sources of 100 percent recycled paper. .
> .Sen. Hayden has also found that a number of California .newspaper companies -- including the
> San Jose Mercury News, .Riverside Press-Enterprise and Lesher Communications, publishers .of the
> Contra Costa Times and other East Bay papers -- also buy .paper from MacMillan Bloedel. The San
> Francisco Newspaper Agency, .publisher of the Chronicle and the Examiner, recently cancelled
> .its contract with MacMillan Bloedel for what it said were .financial, not environmental,

LIAR!

> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
> help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 18:30:48 -0400, Mike Romain <[email protected]> wrote:

.Mike Vandeman wrote: .> . .> .> Maybe that's why I don't work for them. . .Ahh, you are faking the
headers to just 'look' like a rep from .pacbell.net eh?

Show us, dumdum.

.I wonder what they would think of a nutbar like you acting like a .pacbell rep? . .Mike .86/00 CJ7
Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 .88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

===

Mike Romain <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Mike Vandeman wrote:
> >

> > Maybe that's why I don't work for them.
>
> Ahh, you are faking the headers to just 'look' like a rep from pacbell.net eh?
>
> I wonder what they would think of a nutbar like you acting like a pacbell rep?
>
> Mike
> 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

From Google:

Others posted today about Mike's place of employment. This is also firmly documented as being
PacBell in the FAQ. From the FAQ, is PacBell's employee locator phone number, which will tell you
that Michael J. Vandeman, PhD, works for PacBell.
*************************
You can verify this number by calling Pacific Bell's employee locator phone number, which is
415-394-3000. They will tell you the same thing they told me, that this is the correct number
for Vandeman.
*************************

On 5 Oct 2003 06:48:40 -0700, [email protected] (R.White) wrote:

.Mike Romain <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>... .>
Mike Vandeman wrote: .> > .> .> > .> > Maybe that's why I don't work for them. .> .> Ahh, you are
faking the headers to just 'look' like a rep from .> pacbell.net eh? .> .> I wonder what they would
think of a nutbar like you acting like a .> pacbell rep? .> .> Mike .> 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG
Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 .> 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's . .From Google: . .Others posted today
about Mike's place of employment. .This is also firmly documented as being PacBell .in the FAQ. From
the FAQ, is PacBell's employee .locator phone number, which will tell you that .Michael J. Vandeman,
PhD, works for PacBell.

BS.

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On 5 Oct 2003 06:48:40 -0700, [email protected] (R.White) wrote:
>
> .Mike Romain <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>... .>
> Mike Vandeman wrote: .> > .> .> > .> > Maybe that's why I don't work for them. .> .> Ahh, you are
> faking the headers to just 'look' like a rep from .> pacbell.net eh? .> .> I wonder what they
> would think of a nutbar like you acting like a .> pacbell rep? .> .> Mike .> 86/00 CJ7 Laredo,
> 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 .> 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's . .From Google: . .Others
> posted today about Mike's place of employment. .This is also firmly documented as being PacBell
> .in the FAQ. From the FAQ, is PacBell's employee .locator phone number, which will tell you that
> .Michael J. Vandeman, PhD, works for PacBell.
>
> BS.

Oopsy Mike, you accidently deleleted the phone number when you quoted my post. Hmm...I wonder why?
You usually quote everything. Here, let me help you out.
You can verify this number by calling Pacific Bell's employee locator phone number, which is
415-394-3000. They will tell you the same thing they told me, that this is the correct number
for Vandeman.

I think the only idiot here is you, you cretin. Get a life ********; people on this forum couldn't give a toss about your opinion.

Originally posted by Mike Vandeman
On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 15:47:06 GMT, "Lefty" <[email protected]> wrote:

.David Kunz wrote: . .[people stepping out in front of a bike] . .> Did you make sure that they knew
that you were there? If so, then .> it's on them; if not, then the problem's yours. . .Some hikers
can be strange. They seem to think the sound of a "ding .ding" from a bike bell, or even a "good
morning" is an immediate threat .to their saftey. They'll jump this way or that. My personal
favorite .are the guys who will immediately grab their female hiking partner by .the arms, and
*move* them one way or the other. Often the wrong way. . .I already give them plenty of room ...
extra because I've seen things .like that so often.

A bell says NOTHING, except maybe "get out of my way". People who use bells are idiots.

===

On 5 Oct 2003 17:02:35 -0700, [email protected] (R.White) wrote:

.Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>... .> On 5 Oct 2003 06:48:40 -0700,
[email protected] (R.White) wrote: .> .> .Mike Romain <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>... .> .> Mike Vandeman wrote: .> .> > .> .> .> .> > .> .> >
Maybe that's why I don't work for them. .> .> .> .> Ahh, you are faking the headers to just 'look'
like a rep from .> .> pacbell.net eh? .> .> .> .> I wonder what they would think of a nutbar like
you acting like a .> .> pacbell rep? .> .> .> .> Mike .> .> 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds,
'glass nose to tail in '00 .> .> 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's .> . .> .From Google: .> . .> .Others
posted today about Mike's place of employment. .> .This is also firmly documented as being PacBell
.> .in the FAQ. From the FAQ, is PacBell's employee .> .locator phone number, which will tell you
that .> .Michael J. Vandeman, PhD, works for PacBell. .> .> BS. .> .Oopsy Mike, you accidently
deleleted the phone number when you .quoted my post. Hmm...I wonder why? You usually quote
everything. .Here, let me help you out.
.============================================================== .You can verify this number by
calling Pacific Bell's employee .locator phone number, which is 415-394-3000. They will tell .you
the same thing they told me, that this is the correct .number for Vandeman.
.===============================================================

Proving what? :)
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> From Google:
>
> Others posted today about Mike's place of employment. This is also firmly documented as being
> PacBell in the FAQ. From the FAQ, is PacBell's employee locator phone number, which will tell you
> that Michael J. Vandeman, PhD, works for PacBell.
> You can verify this number by calling Pacific Bell's employee locator phone number, which is
> 415-394-3000. They will tell you the same thing they told me, that this is the correct number for
> Vandeman.

He's actually not posting from his work account though, he's already been diciplined for that.
--