Vandevelde power ouptut on hautacam

Can some spreadsheet wiz on this forum put a formula together so we all can go tour a local hill, where we know the avg. gradient and elevation, and estimate our VAM or watts per kilo, etc. I'm dumb.:(

Thanks

Does anyone know how vandevelde's time of 41:34 up the Hautacam compares to efforts in previous years? I have an idea that armstrong climbed it in either 35 minutes or 37 minutes back in 2000 but i could quite easily be wrong

jojoma said:
Can some spreadsheet wiz on this forum put a formula together so we all can go tour a local hill, where we know the avg. gradient and elevation, and estimate our VAM or watts per kilo, etc. I'm dumb.:(

Thanks
try this aussie site, you need to register (which is free) but then you can add climb of your choice and add in your time and details and it estimates the power output. there is also a link on teh site which shows the power calcualtions.

http://www.caffebici.com/sites/caffebici.nsf/category/F1B61575922D99C2E92573D4007937A2?OpenDocument

Crankyfeet said:
Well within himself? What's he trying to do? Not make time on Evans in case Cadel should put him in the crosshairs? Win a stage later?

I bet he was well within himself when he nearly got dropped halfway through the hill. The elastic nearly snapped.

VdV can't accelerate fast in the mountains..which is actually consistent with not being on Epo.