Vapors?

jos2thehua

Jan 31, 2009
Hey everyone, this might be deemed a controversial topic for these boards but does anyone use a vaporizer? I just bought one last night and have been using it as an alternate way of enjoying the herb without the harmful effects on my lungs. Great way to relax after those long and difficult rides.

jos2thehua said:
Hey everyone, this might be deemed a controversial topic for these boards but does anyone use a vaporizer? I just bought one last night and have been using it as an alternate way of enjoying the herb without the harmful effects on my lungs. Great way to relax after those long and difficult rides.

Which herb?

Nah. If I wanna get high, I'll ride my bike or go climbing. I don't need to do anything pathetic like rely on a chemical crutch.

Maybe you should go to a "High Times" forum or summat. You do know this one's about cycling right?

i smoke sometimes right before a ride, right before a run as well. nothing run with it. and i do it the old school way.

all the forums i've been on and they are all cycling and triathlons and whatnot, this topic has been all over the place and openly. it's a topic that comes up from time to time and no one need be scared of it.
did you know that it is now only a misdemeanor up to an ounce in the great state of CO as in you can walk around with an ounce of the good green in your pocket and only get a ticket if you are caught with it?

in time it will be legal.

roadhouse said:
did you know that it is now only a misdemeanor up to an ounce in the great state of CO as in you can walk around with an ounce of the good green in your pocket and only get a ticket if you are caught with it?
Somewhat the same here in MA since 01/01/2009 after a voter referendum question passed in the 2008 election, possession of one ounce or less is now simply a civil infraction and no longer a crime, now if you get caught with an ounce or less of the stuff it just gets taken away and you get a $100 ticket.

roadhouse said:
in time it will be legal.
I've read elsewhere that it is legal in a few select areas if you have a prescription for it.

With all that said, personally, not even Bill Gates could pay me enough to touch that stuff... :rolleyes:

I've had good freinds who were and still are heavy users. Seeing what they go through and their current living conditions, I'll leave well enough alone too.

i'm not saying go and smoke to anyone or that's the only way to ride or train or anything, not at all, it's just that it suits me from time to time. i definately do not smoke daily or weekly or monthly for that matter but rather if it's around and i don't hunt for it.

i've seen some footage on the news from bars in Amsterdam where mj is legal where the owner of the bar said that in his 18 years of owning his establishment he's not had one single fight occur. it takes less than 18 hours for two jackholes to get into here in America.

I personally won't touch the stuff as I said earlier and I don't condone it, but OTOH, if someone wants to spark one up as they see fit that's their business.

However, getting back to the original topic, I don't think discussions about paraphernalia are appropriate here.

I don't condole the act of smoking everyday or being high at all times. I also don't support getting high before rides or using it in any other way than just relaxing. As I said, after a long, hard ride it's nice to relax with something that's not killing my lungs or affecting my performance. Plus, you won't get a gut from inhaling vapors like you do if you drink a substantial amount of beer.

My view is just have respect for it and use it if you want to but not bash it or generalize everyone who does use it.

roadhouse said:
i smoke sometimes right before a ride, right before a run as well. nothing run with it. and i do it the old school way.
bet you think cardrivers are out to get you .....:eek:

The one time I was high and on the bike I was super paranoid about getting ran over, so therefore I don't think it's a good idea to do it right before you ride. Might as well just wait until the ride is over and then chill. :p

jos2thehua said:
The one time I was high and on the bike I was super paranoid about getting ran over, so therefore I don't think it's a good idea to do it right before you ride. Might as well just wait until the ride is over and then chill. :p

start in a big gear and ride hard, that should change those feelings.