Vaude Cycle bags

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Neil Smith, Apr 11, 2006.

  1. Neil Smith

    Neil Smith Guest

    Dear All,
    the strap attaching the handle to my Vaude cycle bag has come off. It is
    necessary to part of the clasp joining the bag to the rack. You have to pull
    the handle for the clasp to come off. If this is clear does any oen have any
    suggestions as to how I can fix this strap back onto the clasp?
    Thanks
    Neil

    Tags:

  2. Neil Smith

    Neil Smith Guest

    Perhaps this description might be clearer.
    I have a Vaude rear pannier, which is excellent. However the strap attaching
    handle the clasp that clips onto the frame has come off. This strap loops
    through the clasp. I would welcome suggestions as to how I might repair it
    as the pannier is not usable without it.
    Would superglue work. It is made of heavy nylon webbing.
    "Neil Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Dear All,
    > the strap attaching the handle to my Vaude cycle bag has come off. It is
    > necessary to part of the clasp joining the bag to the rack. You have to
    > pull the handle for the clasp to come off. If this is clear does any oen
    > have any suggestions as to how I can fix this strap back onto the clasp?
    > Thanks
    > Neil

  3. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    Neil Smith wrote:
    > Perhaps this description might be clearer.
    > I have a Vaude rear pannier, which is excellent. However the strap attaching
    > handle the clasp that clips onto the frame has come off. This strap loops
    > through the clasp. I would welcome suggestions as to how I might repair it
    > as the pannier is not usable without it.
    > Would superglue work. It is made of heavy nylon webbing.

    I'm not quite sure what you're attaching the webbing to: if it's more
    webbing then a bit of industrial overkill needlework will probably be
    best and is easily DIY-able, but if you're going to a waterproof pannier
    body or plastic frame then obviously that won't be Very Clever.

    Most outdoor companies seem to have pretty healthy attitudes to getting
    their stuff fixed, free of charge more often than not. Drop a line to
    Vau De's importer and see what they say ([email protected]).

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

  4. Neil Smith

    Neil Smith Guest

    Thanks, I'll give it a try
    > Neil Smith wrote:
    >> Perhaps this description might be clearer.
    >> I have a Vaude rear pannier, which is excellent. However the strap
    >> attaching handle the clasp that clips onto the frame has come off. This
    >> strap loops through the clasp. I would welcome suggestions as to how I
    >> might repair it as the pannier is not usable without it.
    >> Would superglue work. It is made of heavy nylon webbing.

    > I'm not quite sure what you're attaching the webbing to: if it's more
    > webbing then a bit of industrial overkill needlework will probably be best
    > and is easily DIY-able, but if you're going to a waterproof pannier body
    > or plastic frame then obviously that won't be Very Clever.
    >
    > Most outdoor companies seem to have pretty healthy attitudes to getting
    > their stuff fixed, free of charge more often than not. Drop a line to Vau
    > De's importer and see what they say ([email protected]).
    >
    > Pete.
    > --
    > Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    > Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Univ. of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital
    > Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
    > net [email protected] http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  5. Neil Smith

    Neil Smith Guest

    Thanks, I'll give it a try