Vaughters Stirs 2010's Pot!

contador will pay for his blashphemy this tour. "your sh!t is poor man! who dat? who dat? contador?" ;)

and i gotta say that if you people think that any of that fun loving criminal name calling BETWEEN ONLY TWO CYCLISTS hurt your poor little old feelings then it's about time you quit riding altogether.

Bro Deal said:
Contador had to buy his own time trial wheels because the team would not provide the same ones taht were purchased for Armstrong.

Funny...

In the prologue, Contador rode a HED 3 spoke up front and Lance the team issue deep rim. In the TTT all rode deep rims up front and in the final time trial both rode the 3 spoke...

If "The Wheel that Lance bought" (ie the 3 spoke) was that good, he probably would have used it in the prologue too.

Given that their wheel supplier, Bontrager, has some of their wheel designed and/or manufactured by HED it's not too strange to see wheel suppliers being freely interchanged.

... not as strange as why people make such a big deal about a guy who earns millions having to spend less than a grand on a wheel. If aerodynamics of that particular wheel were that important, why did Alberto put big ol' "Contador" colour coordinated stickers all over the part of the wheel that's moving fastest... :pPeople normally take stickers off to smooth airflow - not add them, unless he had Steve Hed optimise the aerodynamics of the stickers and "wheel chi" with the red/yellow TT Spanish champions colours.

tambourlain said:
Are you too dumb to recognize the difference? Bruyneel has several guys that could make the podium in 09. He didn't before.

Huh?

tonyzackery said:
I don't give a shi!t about the name-calling contest you two are engaged in, but the fact was very clear that if Contador had listened to Bruyneel and played by his book during the Tour last year he would NOT have won the race. I applaud Contador on the fact he took his destiny into his own hands and snatched victory from the Godfather and his henchmen - Bruyneel included...

yep.

Bro Deal said:
One thing that was clear on the Ventoux stage was that Contador and Andy Schleck could have ridden away from the group.
It looked to me like Contador could have ridden away from Andy Schleck but was hanging back and playing tactics.

That race up Ventoux was scintillating.

tambourlain said:
I don't think I've ever seen this much stupidity in my life.
You should get out more. Possibly take Armstrong's balls out of your mouth as well. :rolleyes:

Chavez said:
You should get out more. Possibly take Armstrong's balls out of your mouth as well. :rolleyes:

Lance only has one testicle after cancer but besides that, brainiac, that was some of the most stupid sh!t i have ever read on this forum.

Chavez said:
That race up Ventoux was scintillating.

This must be a definition of the word scintillating that I am not familiar with. That stage was a total waste. It was a procession to the top. Andy did not want to leave Frank behind, and Contador was content to not do anything as long as Andy did not do anything. Andy was literally riding circles around the group at some points.
swampy1970 said:
Funny... In the prologue, Contador rode a HED 3 spoke up front and Lance the team issue deep rim. In the TTT all rode deep rims up front and in the final time trial both rode the 3 spoke... If "The Wheel that Lance bought" (ie the 3 spoke) was that good, he probably would have used it in the prologue too. Given that their wheel supplier, Bontrager, has some of their wheel designed and/or manufactured by HED it's not too strange to see wheel suppliers being freely interchanged.
It was not a tri spoke. It was a rear disc. Contador's mechanic saw there were two discs that he assumed were for Armstrong and Contador. He was informed that they were both for Armstrong. He then compared them to the disc Contador was supposed to use and found that Contador's was significantly heavier. Contador then had to buy his own, a Carbonsports Lightweight. The new disc was then painted with Bontrager logos.
tambourlain said:
What a load of BS. Contador was protected by the team the entire way. He was never required to waste an ounce of energy at any time. Any other rider would have been only too happy to have had the protection that Contador had.
Perhaps in the strange world that you inhabit this happened, but in the real world the rest of us live in Armstrong and Bruyneel did everything they could to sabotage Contador's chances. When the peloton was split in the wind, Armstrong had teammates pushing the pace to distance Contador. Armstrong and Bruyneel were publicly angry when Contador gained time on the Andorre Arcalis stage. During one dinner Armstrong dissed Contador, yelling to another team, asking if they wanted another rider. The team left Contador no way to get to the Annecy time trial; he had to call his brother to get a ride. If all that was being protected by the team, I shudder to think what it must be like to not be protected.

roadhouse said:
Lance only has one testicle after cancer but besides that, brainiac, that was some of the most stupid sh!t i have ever read on this forum.

Obviously you never read your own posts.

Bro Deal said:
This must be a definition of the word scintillating that I am not familiar with. That stage was a total waste. It was a procession to the top. Andy did not want to leave Frank behind, and Contador was content to not do anything as long as Andy did not do anything. Andy was literally riding circles around the group at some points. It was not a tri spoke. It was a rear disc. Contador's mechanic saw there were two discs that he assumed were for Armstrong and Contador. He was informed that they were both for Armstrong. He then compared them to the disc Contador was supposed to use and found that Contador's was significantly heavier. Contador then had to buy his own, a Carbonsports Lightweight. The new disc was then painted with Bontrager logos. Perhaps in the strange world that you inhabit this happened, but in the real world the rest of us live in Armstrong and Bruyneel did everything they could to sabotage Contador's chances. When the peloton was split in the wind, Armstrong had teammates pushing the pace to distance Contador. Armstrong and Bruyneel were publicly angry when Contador gained time on the Andorre Arcalis stage. During one dinner Armstrong dissed Contador, yelling to another team, asking if they wanted another rider. The team left Contador no way to get to the Annecy time trial; he had to call his brother to get a ride. If all that was being protected by the team, I shudder to think what it must be like to not be protected.

Yep. Bruyneel and Armstrong have always kept their friends close and their enemies closer. And that's exactly how they treated Contador - like an enemy. At least they didn't plant something in his food or drink, which I half expected. But leaving him at the hotel with no way of getting to the time trial couldn't have been good for the old morale. I think Contador dropped Kloden precisely because he wanted Bruyneel to have as little glory as possible. (Clearly Bruyneel would have had enhanced glory if his team had dominated the podium totally.)

Maxiton said:
Yep. Bruyneel and Armstrong have always kept their friends close and their enemies closer. And that's exactly how they treated Contador - like an enemy. At least they didn't plant something in his food or drink, which I half expected. But leaving him at the hotel with no way of getting to the time trial couldn't have been good for the old morale. I think Contador dropped Kloden precisely because he wanted Bruyneel to have as little glory as possible. (Clearly Bruyneel would have had enhanced glory if his team had dominated the podium totally.)

i like this theory. it fits nicely with contador's behaviour on the road where he took care of his own interests in a quiet fashion but still kept his eye on the tdf till.

Bro Deal said:
It was not a tri spoke. It was a rear disc. Contador's mechanic saw there were two discs that he assumed were for Armstrong and Contador. He was informed that they were both for Armstrong. He then compared them to the disc Contador was supposed to use and found that Contador's was significantly heavier. Contador then had to buy his own, a Carbonsports Lightweight. The new disc was then painted with Bontrager logos.

Even if they were Lightweight disks were painted you'd still get the kevlar "web" spoke patterns if they were Lightweight disks - just as you do with the Campag Ghibli disks which are very similar but white... But I aint seeing that in any of the photos.

swampy1970 said:
Even if they were Lightweight disks were painted you'd still get the kevlar "web" spoke patterns if they were Lightweight disks - just as you do with the Campag Ghibli disks which are very similar but white... But I aint seeing that in any of the photos.

Carbonsports confirmed that Contador bought a disc during last year's Tour. There have been several reports about it in the Spanish press.

Bro Deal said:
This must be a definition of the word scintillating that I am not familiar with. That stage was a total waste. It was a procession to the top. Andy did not want to leave Frank behind, and Contador was content to not do anything as long as Andy did not do anything. Andy was literally riding circles around the group at some points.
Maybe "scintillating" was the wrong word, as in the end it lacked drama, but I thought it was pretty compelling - the Schlecks trying to crack Armstrong and drag Frank onto the podium, Wiggins continually coming unhitched and battling back; the pace even put a couple cracks in Contador's practiced "cool as a cucumber" demeanor.

Those guys were just pounding each other.