Vecchio's Retro ride

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Qui si parla Campagnolo, Jan 12, 2006.

  1. Remember Merckx, Anquetil, Coppi, Gaul, Poulidor?

    Remember those bicycles in Stars and Watercarriers, Le Course en Tete,
    A Sunday in Hell??

    Have a bicycle from the 50s, 60s, 70s??

    Live in Boulder/Denver? Or visiting with your vintage steed?

    Vecchio's will hold it's annual Retro Bicycle ride on march 12th this
    year. Poor weather date a week later.

    Must have friction shifters(or none, if you have a 1940s Euro Racer),
    must be able to see your 'banana cutters'(barke housing).

    Extra credit for toe straps, leather helmets, and sewups.

    Prize for best, most retro...Vecchio's employees are NOT exempt.

    Meet at 9am for coffee and treats, hit the road at about 10am for a
    casual, about 2 hr ride. Cameras encouraged!!

    For more info

    Vecchio's
    303-440-3535

    [email protected]

    http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?Affiliate=1&PageID=30&SKU=MA3394

    thanks to aebike.

    Tags:

  2. You NEED to post pictures from this one. Makes me wish I would have
    kept all my old parts from my 1972 Coppi when I "Updated it" in high
    school.

  3. Peter, can I ride my disc brake equipped full suspension mountain bike
    as long as I have my hairnet on? Aw, c'mon! Pleeeeeeeease!?!?!

  4. Meccanico di Bici wrote:
    > Peter, can I ride my disc brake equipped full suspension mountain bike
    > as long as I have my hairnet on? Aw, c'mon! Pleeeeeeeease!?!?!

    Let me think about that-> okay-NO!!!!