Vegetable cheese sandwiches

Kakashi

Feb 3, 2018
Recently a health buff friend introduced a sandwich to me and I've been addicted to it eversince. It's a Veggie Cheese Sandwich made out of whole wheat bread, battered and fried onion rings which serves as the meat substitute, fresh lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber slices, light mayo and 2 slices of cheese. It's very delicious and healthy with all the veggies you can also substitute cream cheese and you can grill or toast it if you like but I like it with normal wheat bread. Trust me on this there's something about cheese and deep-fried battered onion rings in a sandwich that's quite addictive.

This topic reminds me of a foreign consultant in our office who worked with us for 2 months. His lunch was always a sandwich made of wheat bread and vegetables. The most visible in his sandwich is lettuce but I guess there was tomato and onion. Sometimes he would tell me that there is a boiled egg in his sandwich and some other times there is salami. But usually, it is only vegetables because he is health conscious. But do you think that is practical in this modern time?

I have not taken such sandwich before, but with the way that you took time to explain the contents, I must say that this is one that is going to be beneficial to many of us that would want to take part in it. Full of good nutritional value which is nice for a healthy body and mind.

Sounds too much for me, I mean they're great on their own but having them all on one sandwich without any meat isn't appealing for me. I'll never see how onion rings can be a meat substitute.

Recently a health buff friend introduced a sandwich to me and I've been addicted to it eversince. It's a Veggie Cheese Sandwich made out of whole wheat bread, battered and fried onion rings which serves as the meat substitute, fresh lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber slices, light mayo and 2 slices of cheese. It's very delicious and healthy with all the veggies you can also substitute cream cheese and you can grill or toast it if you like but I like it with normal wheat bread. Trust me on this there's something about cheese and deep-fried battered onion rings in a sandwich that's quite addictive.

Sounds tasty. I've also found a liking to onion rings. They smell so good while being cooked. And who doesn't like cheese? I'll try this soon. :)

I have not taken such sandwich before, but with the way that you took time to explain the contents, I must say that this is one that is going to be beneficial to many of us that would want to take part in it. Full of good nutritional value which is nice for a healthy body and mind.

Yes, it's better than buying greasy fast foods. Sometimes we find that we like new recipes more than others. :)

Sounds too much for me, I mean they're great on their own but having them all on one sandwich without any meat isn't appealing for me. I'll never see how onion rings can be a meat substitute.

It's not for everyone. I don't even think of it as a meat substitute. But if you like onion rings enough, it might be to your liking. And the cheese makes it so much better. :D

Wow, I've never ate something like it, but it seems really delicious. Onion rings are one of my favorite foods, and with all those veggies and mayo, really want to have one right now hahaha. I would have to swap the regular cheese for a lactose free one, but besides that, it sounds like the perfect sandwich, yummy!!!

Sounds tasty. I've also found a liking to onion rings. They smell so good while being cooked. And who doesn't like cheese? I'll try this soon. :)

Great, don't forget the lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes. Specially the cucumbers there's something about crunchy cucumbers, mayo and cheese that's so refreshingly satisfying.

There's this sandwich shop that's now long gone which offers a cheese sandwich with bell pepper slices and a sweetened pineapple ring sandwiched by 2 cheese slices. It also has tomatoes, lettuce and onions but no cucumber although it has a pickle, and it taste great.

There's this sandwich shop that's now long gone which offers a cheese sandwich with bell pepper slices and a sweetened pineapple ring sandwiched by 2 cheese slices. It also has tomatoes, lettuce and onions but no cucumber although it has a pickle, and it taste great.

I can't imagine eating a sandwich with bell pepper huh. Maybe the most I can muster with cheese sandwich are lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes. The rest in the pack are spoilers of the taste especially the pineapple ring which is really out of place much more with the onions. But I have to agree that cheese sandwich with vegetables is a healthy meal or snack.

Great, don't forget the lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes. Specially the cucumbers there's something about crunchy cucumbers, mayo and cheese that's so refreshingly satisfying.

I like it crunchy too. I sure will. I like thousand island dressing. Hahaha! :)

I can't imagine eating a sandwich with bell pepper huh. Maybe the most I can muster with cheese sandwich are lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes. The rest in the pack are spoilers of the taste especially the pineapple ring which is really out of place much more with the onions. But I have to agree that cheese sandwich with vegetables is a healthy meal or snack.

Haha that's what I thought at first but after I tasted it, it was delicious there's something about the fresh bell peppers and sweet pineapple which gives the cheese a somewhat sweet and spicy taste that's very satisfying. You should try it grilled first.

I think even without the bread or make it sandwich it will become popular, imagine that so many ingredients, and I think better to call it a vegetable salad.

Haha that's what I thought at first but after I tasted it, it was delicious there's something about the fresh bell peppers and sweet pineapple which gives the cheese a somewhat sweet and spicy taste that's very satisfying. You should try it grilled first.

With the mention of grilled, you got me thinking because I remember what my mother said about pepper. It becomes mild when roasted that's why drinkers like to eat roasted meat with grilled pepper. But I still couldn't come to terms with bell pepper in the sandwich although my husband said that pepper is the staple of Mexicans in their sandwiches. And it's not bell pepper but the jalapeno and the red pepper that are both hot.