General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

vegetarian diet

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 69 posts · 1,206 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
30 January 2005
Last activity
4 February 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
69
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,206
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 69
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "David Cohen" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Zwanz of Never" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "David Cohen" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Excellent. Just for you, tomorrow, after a day of driving my
    gas-guzzling SUV, having a meat-lovers pizza for lunch...I'll only eat
    half and throw the rest away...I'm going to go out and have some nice
    veal parmigiana. Just for you.


    That doesn't bother me a bit, I've grown to accept that some people only
    think of themselves....

    Oh, hardly. I'll think about the cow, the pig, and the little baby calf
    that I'll be eating.

    David

    Don't quit your day job - comedy isn't your strong suit.

  2. "Delenn" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Zwanz of Never said:

    "Delenn" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    My experience with vegetarians is that very few of them are actually
    vegetarian for ethical or religious reasons. I'm not saying it isn't
    possible, but a better guess is that it seemed fashionable or healthy to
    them, or they're just really picky eaters that enjoy being a pain in the
    ass and/or controlling food in obsessive ways.

    lol, love how you can stereotype a group of very diverse people into
    something that satisfies your own need for self-worth.

    How is my need for self-worth related to why people become vegetarian?

    Now I'm wondering - why is the OP vegetarian? Religion, perceived health
    benefits or because he just doesn't like a lot of foods and builds rules
    around them and spends a lot of effort and energy controlling exactly what
    minute ingredients are in his food?

    Your categories are limited. Many vegetarians become so because of their
    compassion towards animals.

    Quoted message said:

    Ever try to go out to dinner with a vegan? Tons of fun. I've had the

    all vegetarians are not vegans - vegans are extreme vegetarians.

    Quoted message said:

    experience of attempting to serve meals to vegans as well as attempting to
    go out to restaurants with vegans. The ones I know are vegan mostly

    The ones you know aren't necessarily representative of the total
    vegan/vegetarian population. Should I judge all blacks, asians, etc. based
    on the select few that I happen to be friends with?

    Quoted message said:

    because they hate nearly every food and that way they can vet everything
    to see if it suits before they will put it in their mouths... and I assure
    you they aren't just looking for animal products. One person I know
    intimately hates nearly all vegetables, dislikes the feel of oil, and
    doesn't use herbs or spices. She lives on baked potatoes with soy sauce.
    It certainly isn't for ethics or religion, though she claims it's for
    health.

    I think this is more a function of your friend's personality...there are
    these types of people who eat meat too...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm not saying that all vegetarians are like that, but I know enough of
    them who are vegetarian because of food control issues that I suspect it's
    a mild form of mental illness.

    Probably is some mental illness dealing with food control - but to put this
    on all vegetarians is extreme.

  3. Zwanz of Never said:


    "Proton Soup" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    frank-in-toronto said:

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:15:41 -0500, Delenn <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >[email hidden] wrote:
    >
    >> people ,
    >> I am in a real dilemna , I am overwieght and need to lose weight but I
    >> love to do weights which means less cardio.. any suggestions? also I am
    >> a vegetarian and hence no meat or eggs for me , is there any
    >> combination other than supplements that will help me gain muscle mass?
    >> please advise.
    >>
    >> Arun
    >> India
    >
    >If you want to change then you're going to have to change.
    <snip>
    >The keys to this are to eat less and exercise more. You get to figure
    >out how to eat less all by yourself, but many of us have found that we
    >are sated and have better energy levels and retain muscle mass best if
    >we get a bunch of our calories from protein. If you insist on not
    >eating the protein then you're likely going to have to "supplement" it
    >from some choice like protein powders.
    >
    >Consider carefully what advantages being vegetarian has for you. If
    >it's ethical then it's what it is and you'll live with your choices. If
    >it's for health reasons you might want to re-think your beliefs. If
    >it's because you're a picky eater then realize that your hang-ups might
    >need working on.
    >
    >Because you're going to have to change if you want to change.
    i like that phrase.

    a strict vegetarian (vegan?) cannot have protein powder
    either since it is made from whey...milk. perhaps they
    could have the soy based stuff but before that they
    can just up their nuts and tofu quantity. realize that when
    she says she want to "gain muscle", she is setting aside
    for a moment the "lose weight" part. Obviously, she needs
    to make a choice. Most people opt to lose the weight first.
    Plenty of fat and some muscle will go too, and then she can
    worry about shape. There's no reason why she can't
    lose weight, and work out hard enough to at least
    maintain her current muscles.

    Actually, you can get soy protein powder, but that's not friendly to
    animals, either, because huge acreages of rain forest are being cut
    down to grow soy. Come to think of it, a strict vegetarian is harming
    animals by eating agricultural crops that destroy wildlife habitat.

    When are you going to stop using this lame excuse to make yourself feel
    better, genius? According to information compiled by the United States
    Department of Agriculture, over ninety percent of all the grain/agriculture
    produced in America goes to feed livestock-cows, pigs, sheep, and
    chickens-that wind up on dinner tables. Yet the process of using grain to
    produce meat is incredibly wasteful. Figures from the U.S. Department of
    Agriculture show that for every sixteen pounds of grain fed to cattle, we
    get back only one pound of meat.

    There's a little problem here skippy, I'm not an herbivore. My body
    is designed to eat meat. In fact, if I go too long without red meat,
    I get cravings for it. It's a biological urge. Without the shedding
    of blood, my needs are not met.

    Now don't try to tell me that man is evolved to eat soybeans. It
    ain't so. Even grains are a relatively new addition to our diets.
    No, we're meant to eat a variety of foods including red meat, fish,
    fruits, nuts, vegetables. Feeding grain to people as a staple is a
    bit assinine. Grain is herbivore food, and men are not herbivores.

    -----------
    Proton Soup

    "Thanks for noticing that I didn't actually say anything." - Mike Lane

  4. "Zwanz of Never" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "David Cohen" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "Zwanz of Never" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "David Cohen" <[email hidden]> wrote
    > Excellent. Just for you, tomorrow, after a day of driving my
    > gas-guzzling SUV, having a meat-lovers pizza for lunch...I'll only eat
    > half and throw the rest away...I'm going to go out and have some nice
    > veal parmigiana. Just for you.
    >
    That doesn't bother me a bit, I've grown to accept that some people only
    think of themselves....

    Oh, hardly. I'll think about the cow, the pig, and the little baby calf
    that I'll be eating.

    Don't quit your day job - comedy isn't your strong suit.

    Too somber and serious...that has always been my problem.

    David

  5. "Delenn" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    David said:

    "Delenn" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Consider carefully what advantages being vegetarian has for you. If
    it's ethical then it's what it is and you'll live with your choices. If
    it's for health reasons you might want to re-think your beliefs. If
    it's because you're a picky eater then realize that your hang-ups might
    need working on.

    Because you're going to have to change if you want to change.

    Quoted message said:


    Just about all Indians are vegetarians - it is not an option to ask him


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    reconsider - something to do with their religion

    Spoken like the true religious scholar you are. I think you're trying
    to say that Hindus don't eat beef. Try reading the second sentence of
    my paragraph again.

    My experience with vegetarians is that very few of them are actually
    vegetarian for ethical or religious reasons. I'm not saying it isn't
    possible, but a better guess is that it seemed fashionable

    I'll tell you what is 'fashionable' - 'fashionable' is denigrating
    vegetarians - why not? They are different, an easy target. And most of us
    are meat eaters so you are beating up on a minority. You need to grow up and
    stop sitting in judgement of others because they don't follow your
    lifestyle. (In fact I have no doubt that you are probably one of those
    hippies who thought it mght have been fashionable to go vegetarian years
    ago - maybe, just maybe vegetarians think *you* are a pain in the ass)

    Quoted message said:

    or healthy to
    them, or they're just really picky eaters that enjoy being a pain in the
    ass and/or controlling food in obsessive ways.

    I don't know this guy or his situation so I'm just speculating.

    You speculate too much and come across just sounding dumb

    Quoted message said:

    Delenn

  6. "Proton Soup" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Zwanz of Never said:


    "Proton Soup" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:56:18 -0500, frank-in-toronto
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:15:41 -0500, Delenn <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >>[email hidden] wrote:
    >>
    >>> people ,
    >>> I am in a real dilemna , I am overwieght and need to lose weight but


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>> love to do weights which means less cardio.. any suggestions? also I


    am

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>> a vegetarian and hence no meat or eggs for me , is there any
    >>> combination other than supplements that will help me gain muscle


    mass?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>> please advise.
    >>>
    >>> Arun
    >>> India
    >>
    >>If you want to change then you're going to have to change.
    ><snip>
    >>The keys to this are to eat less and exercise more. You get to figure
    >>out how to eat less all by yourself, but many of us have found that we
    >>are sated and have better energy levels and retain muscle mass best if
    >>we get a bunch of our calories from protein. If you insist on not
    >>eating the protein then you're likely going to have to "supplement" it
    >>from some choice like protein powders.
    >>
    >>Consider carefully what advantages being vegetarian has for you. If
    >>it's ethical then it's what it is and you'll live with your choices.


    If

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>it's for health reasons you might want to re-think your beliefs. If
    >>it's because you're a picky eater then realize that your hang-ups


    might

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>need working on.
    >>
    >>Because you're going to have to change if you want to change.
    >i like that phrase.
    >
    >a strict vegetarian (vegan?) cannot have protein powder
    >either since it is made from whey...milk. perhaps they
    >could have the soy based stuff but before that they
    >can just up their nuts and tofu quantity. realize that when
    >she says she want to "gain muscle", she is setting aside
    >for a moment the "lose weight" part. Obviously, she needs
    >to make a choice. Most people opt to lose the weight first.
    >Plenty of fat and some muscle will go too, and then she can
    >worry about shape. There's no reason why she can't
    >lose weight, and work out hard enough to at least
    >maintain her current muscles.

    Actually, you can get soy protein powder, but that's not friendly to
    animals, either, because huge acreages of rain forest are being cut
    down to grow soy. Come to think of it, a strict vegetarian is harming
    animals by eating agricultural crops that destroy wildlife habitat.

    When are you going to stop using this lame excuse to make yourself feel
    better, genius? According to information compiled by the United States
    Department of Agriculture, over ninety percent of all the


    grain/agriculture

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    produced in America goes to feed livestock-cows, pigs, sheep, and
    chickens-that wind up on dinner tables. Yet the process of using grain to
    produce meat is incredibly wasteful. Figures from the U.S. Department of
    Agriculture show that for every sixteen pounds of grain fed to cattle, we
    get back only one pound of meat.

    There's a little problem here skippy, I'm not an herbivore. My body
    is designed to eat meat. In fact, if I go too long without red meat,

    How different is your argument from that of heterosexuals who say exactly
    the same thing about attraction for the opposite sex - their bodies are
    designed etc etc

    So what provision is made for the 10 to 15% of people who arent hetero
    sexuals? It is arrogant to say "your way is the right way"

    Quoted message said:

    I get cravings for it. It's a biological urge. Without the shedding
    of blood, my needs are not met.

    Now don't try to tell me that man is evolved to eat soybeans. It
    ain't so. Even grains are a relatively new addition to our diets.
    No, we're meant to eat a variety of foods including red meat, fish,
    fruits, nuts, vegetables. Feeding grain to people as a staple is a
    bit assinine. Grain is herbivore food, and men are not herbivores.

    -----------
    Proton Soup

    "Thanks for noticing that I didn't actually say anything." - Mike Lane

  7. On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:33:10 GMT, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Proton Soup" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Zwanz of Never said:


    "Proton Soup" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:56:18 -0500, frank-in-toronto
    > <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:15:41 -0500, Delenn <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>[email hidden] wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> people ,
    >>>> I am in a real dilemna , I am overwieght and need to lose weight but


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>> love to do weights which means less cardio.. any suggestions? also I


    am

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>> a vegetarian and hence no meat or eggs for me , is there any
    >>>> combination other than supplements that will help me gain muscle


    mass?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>> please advise.
    >>>>
    >>>> Arun
    >>>> India
    >>>
    >>>If you want to change then you're going to have to change.
    >><snip>
    >>>The keys to this are to eat less and exercise more. You get to figure
    >>>out how to eat less all by yourself, but many of us have found that we
    >>>are sated and have better energy levels and retain muscle mass best if
    >>>we get a bunch of our calories from protein. If you insist on not
    >>>eating the protein then you're likely going to have to "supplement" it
    >>>from some choice like protein powders.
    >>>
    >>>Consider carefully what advantages being vegetarian has for you. If
    >>>it's ethical then it's what it is and you'll live with your choices.


    If

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>it's for health reasons you might want to re-think your beliefs. If
    >>>it's because you're a picky eater then realize that your hang-ups


    might

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>need working on.
    >>>
    >>>Because you're going to have to change if you want to change.
    >>i like that phrase.
    >>
    >>a strict vegetarian (vegan?) cannot have protein powder
    >>either since it is made from whey...milk. perhaps they
    >>could have the soy based stuff but before that they
    >>can just up their nuts and tofu quantity. realize that when
    >>she says she want to "gain muscle", she is setting aside
    >>for a moment the "lose weight" part. Obviously, she needs
    >>to make a choice. Most people opt to lose the weight first.
    >>Plenty of fat and some muscle will go too, and then she can
    >>worry about shape. There's no reason why she can't
    >>lose weight, and work out hard enough to at least
    >>maintain her current muscles.
    >
    > Actually, you can get soy protein powder, but that's not friendly to
    > animals, either, because huge acreages of rain forest are being cut
    > down to grow soy. Come to think of it, a strict vegetarian is harming
    > animals by eating agricultural crops that destroy wildlife habitat.

    When are you going to stop using this lame excuse to make yourself feel
    better, genius? According to information compiled by the United States
    Department of Agriculture, over ninety percent of all the


    grain/agriculture

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    produced in America goes to feed livestock-cows, pigs, sheep, and
    chickens-that wind up on dinner tables. Yet the process of using grain to
    produce meat is incredibly wasteful. Figures from the U.S. Department of
    Agriculture show that for every sixteen pounds of grain fed to cattle, we
    get back only one pound of meat.

    There's a little problem here skippy, I'm not an herbivore. My body
    is designed to eat meat. In fact, if I go too long without red meat,

    How different is your argument from that of heterosexuals who say exactly
    the same thing about attraction for the opposite sex - their bodies are
    designed etc etc

    So what provision is made for the 10 to 15% of people who arent hetero
    sexuals? It is arrogant to say "your way is the right way"

    It all sounds a bit queer to me!! ;o)

    How ya doin Oz? You've been quiet for a while, have you been away
    again?

    Ugh! It's Monday!! ;o(

    "Blackmail is a quid pro quo situation."
    John Williams, Assistant Lawyer, January 2005

  8. "Charles" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:33:10 GMT, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Proton Soup" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 01:12:39 GMT, "Zwanz of Never"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >
    >"Proton Soup" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >news:[email hidden]...
    >> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:56:18 -0500, frank-in-toronto
    >> <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:15:41 -0500, Delenn <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>
    >>>>[email hidden] wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> people ,
    >>>>> I am in a real dilemna , I am overwieght and need to lose weight


    but

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I

    Quoted message said:

    >>>>> love to do weights which means less cardio.. any suggestions?


    also I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    am

    Quoted message said:

    >>>>> a vegetarian and hence no meat or eggs for me , is there any
    >>>>> combination other than supplements that will help me gain muscle


    mass?

    Quoted message said:

    >>>>> please advise.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Arun
    >>>>> India
    >>>>
    >>>>If you want to change then you're going to have to change.
    >>><snip>
    >>>>The keys to this are to eat less and exercise more. You get to


    figure

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>>out how to eat less all by yourself, but many of us have found that


    we

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>>are sated and have better energy levels and retain muscle mass best


    if

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>>we get a bunch of our calories from protein. If you insist on not
    >>>>eating the protein then you're likely going to have to "supplement"


    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>>from some choice like protein powders.
    >>>>
    >>>>Consider carefully what advantages being vegetarian has for you.


    If

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>>it's ethical then it's what it is and you'll live with your


    choices.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    If

    Quoted message said:

    >>>>it's for health reasons you might want to re-think your beliefs.


    If

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>>>it's because you're a picky eater then realize that your hang-ups


    might

    Quoted message said:

    >>>>need working on.
    >>>>
    >>>>Because you're going to have to change if you want to change.
    >>>i like that phrase.
    >>>
    >>>a strict vegetarian (vegan?) cannot have protein powder
    >>>either since it is made from whey...milk. perhaps they
    >>>could have the soy based stuff but before that they
    >>>can just up their nuts and tofu quantity. realize that when
    >>>she says she want to "gain muscle", she is setting aside
    >>>for a moment the "lose weight" part. Obviously, she needs
    >>>to make a choice. Most people opt to lose the weight first.
    >>>Plenty of fat and some muscle will go too, and then she can
    >>>worry about shape. There's no reason why she can't
    >>>lose weight, and work out hard enough to at least
    >>>maintain her current muscles.
    >>
    >> Actually, you can get soy protein powder, but that's not friendly to
    >> animals, either, because huge acreages of rain forest are being cut
    >> down to grow soy. Come to think of it, a strict vegetarian is


    harming

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> animals by eating agricultural crops that destroy wildlife habitat.
    >
    >
    >When are you going to stop using this lame excuse to make yourself


    feel

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >better, genius? According to information compiled by the United States
    >Department of Agriculture, over ninety percent of all the


    grain/agriculture

    Quoted message said:

    >produced in America goes to feed livestock-cows, pigs, sheep, and
    >chickens-that wind up on dinner tables. Yet the process of using grain


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >produce meat is incredibly wasteful. Figures from the U.S. Department


    of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >Agriculture show that for every sixteen pounds of grain fed to cattle,


    we

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >get back only one pound of meat.

    There's a little problem here skippy, I'm not an herbivore. My body
    is designed to eat meat. In fact, if I go too long without red meat,

    How different is your argument from that of heterosexuals who say exactly
    the same thing about attraction for the opposite sex - their bodies are
    designed etc etc

    So what provision is made for the 10 to 15% of people who arent hetero
    sexuals? It is arrogant to say "your way is the right way"

    It all sounds a bit queer to me!! ;o)

    How ya doin Oz? You've been quiet for a while, have you been away
    again?

    Ugh! It's Monday!! ;o(

    Doin' good Charles - have been following your pissing match. Funny how
    everyone starts off being an expert . . .;lots of good entertainment there!

  9. On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:26:31 GMT, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Charles" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:33:10 GMT, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Proton Soup" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 01:12:39 GMT, "Zwanz of Never"
    > <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > >
    > >"Proton Soup" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email hidden]...
    > >> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:56:18 -0500, frank-in-toronto
    > >> <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > >>
    > >>>On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:15:41 -0500, Delenn <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >>>
    > >>>>[email hidden] wrote:
    > >>>>
    > >>>>> people ,
    > >>>>> I am in a real dilemna , I am overwieght and need to lose weight


    but

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I
    > >>>>> love to do weights which means less cardio.. any suggestions?


    also I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    am
    > >>>>> a vegetarian and hence no meat or eggs for me , is there any
    > >>>>> combination other than supplements that will help me gain muscle
    mass?
    > >>>>> please advise.
    > >>>>>
    > >>>>> Arun
    > >>>>> India
    > >>>>
    > >>>>If you want to change then you're going to have to change.
    > >>><snip>
    > >>>>The keys to this are to eat less and exercise more. You get to


    figure

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >>>>out how to eat less all by yourself, but many of us have found that


    we

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >>>>are sated and have better energy levels and retain muscle mass best


    if

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >>>>we get a bunch of our calories from protein. If you insist on not
    > >>>>eating the protein then you're likely going to have to "supplement"


    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >>>>from some choice like protein powders.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>Consider carefully what advantages being vegetarian has for you.


    If

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >>>>it's ethical then it's what it is and you'll live with your


    choices.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    If
    > >>>>it's for health reasons you might want to re-think your beliefs.


    If

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >>>>it's because you're a picky eater then realize that your hang-ups
    might
    > >>>>need working on.
    > >>>>
    > >>>>Because you're going to have to change if you want to change.
    > >>>i like that phrase.
    > >>>
    > >>>a strict vegetarian (vegan?) cannot have protein powder
    > >>>either since it is made from whey...milk. perhaps they
    > >>>could have the soy based stuff but before that they
    > >>>can just up their nuts and tofu quantity. realize that when
    > >>>she says she want to "gain muscle", she is setting aside
    > >>>for a moment the "lose weight" part. Obviously, she needs
    > >>>to make a choice. Most people opt to lose the weight first.
    > >>>Plenty of fat and some muscle will go too, and then she can
    > >>>worry about shape. There's no reason why she can't
    > >>>lose weight, and work out hard enough to at least
    > >>>maintain her current muscles.
    > >>
    > >> Actually, you can get soy protein powder, but that's not friendly to
    > >> animals, either, because huge acreages of rain forest are being cut
    > >> down to grow soy. Come to think of it, a strict vegetarian is


    harming

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> animals by eating agricultural crops that destroy wildlife habitat.
    > >
    > >
    > >When are you going to stop using this lame excuse to make yourself


    feel

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >better, genius? According to information compiled by the United States
    > >Department of Agriculture, over ninety percent of all the
    grain/agriculture
    > >produced in America goes to feed livestock-cows, pigs, sheep, and
    > >chickens-that wind up on dinner tables. Yet the process of using grain


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >produce meat is incredibly wasteful. Figures from the U.S. Department


    of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >Agriculture show that for every sixteen pounds of grain fed to cattle,


    we

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >get back only one pound of meat.
    >
    > There's a little problem here skippy, I'm not an herbivore. My body
    > is designed to eat meat. In fact, if I go too long without red meat,

    How different is your argument from that of heterosexuals who say exactly
    the same thing about attraction for the opposite sex - their bodies are
    designed etc etc

    So what provision is made for the 10 to 15% of people who arent hetero
    sexuals? It is arrogant to say "your way is the right way"

    It all sounds a bit queer to me!! ;o)

    How ya doin Oz? You've been quiet for a while, have you been away
    again?

    Ugh! It's Monday!! ;o(

    Doin' good Charles - have been following your pissing match. Funny how
    everyone starts off being an expert . . .;lots of good entertainment there!

    It livened up an otherwise 'quiet' weekend, given that I am off the
    fine wines and gourmet foods. No rugby either, so another
    Hudson/Williams pissing contest kept me reasonably well occupied!! ;o)

    What fun we do have, and as you say some of our "experts" indicated
    their varying levels of ineptitude!!

    SJ entered into the spirit of things - bless her!! ;o)

  10. "Charles" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:26:31 GMT, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Charles" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:33:10 GMT, "David" <[email hidden]>
    wrote:

    >
    >"Proton Soup" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >news:[email hidden]...
    >> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 01:12:39 GMT, "Zwanz of Never"
    >> <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >
    >> >"Proton Soup" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >> >news:[email hidden]...
    >> >> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:56:18 -0500, frank-in-toronto
    >> >> <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >> >>
    >> >>>On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:15:41 -0500, Delenn <[email hidden]>


    Quoted message said:

    >> >>>
    >> >>>>[email hidden] wrote:
    >> >>>>
    >> >>>>> people ,
    >> >>>>> I am in a real dilemna , I am overwieght and need to lose


    weight

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    but

    Quoted message said:

    >I
    >> >>>>> love to do weights which means less cardio.. any suggestions?


    also I

    Quoted message said:

    >am
    >> >>>>> a vegetarian and hence no meat or eggs for me , is there any
    >> >>>>> combination other than supplements that will help me gain


    muscle

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >mass?
    >> >>>>> please advise.
    >> >>>>>
    >> >>>>> Arun
    >> >>>>> India
    >> >>>>
    >> >>>>If you want to change then you're going to have to change.
    >> >>><snip>
    >> >>>>The keys to this are to eat less and exercise more. You get to


    figure

    Quoted message said:

    >> >>>>out how to eat less all by yourself, but many of us have found


    that

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    we

    Quoted message said:

    >> >>>>are sated and have better energy levels and retain muscle mass


    best

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    if

    Quoted message said:

    >> >>>>we get a bunch of our calories from protein. If you insist on


    not

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> >>>>eating the protein then you're likely going to have to


    "supplement"

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    it

    Quoted message said:

    >> >>>>from some choice like protein powders.
    >> >>>>
    >> >>>>Consider carefully what advantages being vegetarian has for you.


    If

    Quoted message said:

    >> >>>>it's ethical then it's what it is and you'll live with your


    choices.

    Quoted message said:

    >If
    >> >>>>it's for health reasons you might want to re-think your beliefs.


    If

    Quoted message said:

    >> >>>>it's because you're a picky eater then realize that your


    hang-ups

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >might
    >> >>>>need working on.
    >> >>>>
    >> >>>>Because you're going to have to change if you want to change.
    >> >>>i like that phrase.
    >> >>>
    >> >>>a strict vegetarian (vegan?) cannot have protein powder
    >> >>>either since it is made from whey...milk. perhaps they
    >> >>>could have the soy based stuff but before that they
    >> >>>can just up their nuts and tofu quantity. realize that when
    >> >>>she says she want to "gain muscle", she is setting aside
    >> >>>for a moment the "lose weight" part. Obviously, she needs
    >> >>>to make a choice. Most people opt to lose the weight first.
    >> >>>Plenty of fat and some muscle will go too, and then she can
    >> >>>worry about shape. There's no reason why she can't
    >> >>>lose weight, and work out hard enough to at least
    >> >>>maintain her current muscles.
    >> >>
    >> >> Actually, you can get soy protein powder, but that's not friendly


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> >> animals, either, because huge acreages of rain forest are being


    cut

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> >> down to grow soy. Come to think of it, a strict vegetarian is


    harming

    Quoted message said:

    >> >> animals by eating agricultural crops that destroy wildlife


    habitat.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> >
    >> >
    >> >When are you going to stop using this lame excuse to make yourself


    feel

    Quoted message said:

    >> >better, genius? According to information compiled by the United


    States

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> >Department of Agriculture, over ninety percent of all the
    >grain/agriculture
    >> >produced in America goes to feed livestock-cows, pigs, sheep, and
    >> >chickens-that wind up on dinner tables. Yet the process of using


    grain

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to

    Quoted message said:

    >> >produce meat is incredibly wasteful. Figures from the U.S.


    Department

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    of

    Quoted message said:

    >> >Agriculture show that for every sixteen pounds of grain fed to


    cattle,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    we

    Quoted message said:

    >> >get back only one pound of meat.
    >>
    >> There's a little problem here skippy, I'm not an herbivore. My body
    >> is designed to eat meat. In fact, if I go too long without red


    meat,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >
    >How different is your argument from that of heterosexuals who say


    exactly

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >the same thing about attraction for the opposite sex - their bodies


    are

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >designed etc etc
    >
    >So what provision is made for the 10 to 15% of people who arent hetero
    >sexuals? It is arrogant to say "your way is the right way"

    It all sounds a bit queer to me!! ;o)

    How ya doin Oz? You've been quiet for a while, have you been away
    again?

    Ugh! It's Monday!! ;o(

    Doin' good Charles - have been following your pissing match. Funny how
    everyone starts off being an expert . . .;lots of good entertainment


    there!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    It livened up an otherwise 'quiet' weekend, given that I am off the
    fine wines and gourmet foods. No rugby either, so another
    Hudson/Williams pissing contest kept me reasonably well occupied!! ;o)

    What fun we do have, and as you say some of our "experts" indicated
    their varying levels of ineptitude!!

    SJ entered into the spirit of things - bless her!! ;o)

    What's the deal with 'no fine wine'? Have you taken leave of your senses?

  11. David said:

    "Delenn" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    David said:

    "Delenn" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    >Consider carefully what advantages being vegetarian has for you. If
    >it's ethical then it's what it is and you'll live with your choices. If
    >it's for health reasons you might want to re-think your beliefs. If
    >it's because you're a picky eater then realize that your hang-ups might
    >need working on.
    >
    >Because you're going to have to change if you want to change.

    Quoted message said:

    Just about all Indians are vegetarians - it is not an option to ask him

    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    reconsider - something to do with their religion

    Spoken like the true religious scholar you are. I think you're trying
    to say that Hindus don't eat beef. Try reading the second sentence of
    my paragraph again.

    My experience with vegetarians is that very few of them are actually
    vegetarian for ethical or religious reasons. I'm not saying it isn't
    possible, but a better guess is that it seemed fashionable

    I'll tell you what is 'fashionable' - 'fashionable' is denigrating
    vegetarians - why not?

    I'm not denigrating vegetarians. You're reading a bunch of stuff into
    what I wrote. He needs to examine his food intake choices. He's
    attempting to add more protein. It makes sense to put his vegetarianism
    on the table.

    Quoted message said:

    You need to grow up and
    stop sitting in judgement of others because they don't follow your
    lifestyle.

    I said it's a pain in the ass to eat out with a vegan. That's not a
    judgment on the vegan, that's an observation. I make my own choices, if
    I want to eat out with them I will, knowing the cost.

    Are you attempting to refute my premise that some percentage of
    vegetarians choose to be vegetarians other than for ethics or religion?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I don't know this guy or his situation so I'm just speculating.

    You speculate too much and come across just sounding dumb

    I'm wounded to the quick. You think I'm dumb. The horrors.

    Delenn

  12. Zwanz of Never said:
    Delenn said:
    Zwanz of Never said:

    "Delenn" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    >My experience with vegetarians is that very few of them are actually
    >vegetarian for ethical or religious reasons. I'm not saying it isn't
    >possible, but a better guess is that it seemed fashionable or healthy to
    >them, or they're just really picky eaters that enjoy being a pain in the
    >ass and/or controlling food in obsessive ways.

    lol, love how you can stereotype a group of very diverse people into
    something that satisfies your own need for self-worth.

    How is my need for self-worth related to why people become vegetarian?

    Now I'm wondering - why is the OP vegetarian? Religion, perceived health
    benefits or because he just doesn't like a lot of foods and builds rules
    around them and spends a lot of effort and energy controlling exactly what
    minute ingredients are in his food?

    Your categories are limited. Many vegetarians become so because of their
    compassion towards animals.

    I agree. I put those in the "ethics" category, generally, although
    sometimes they fall into the "fashionable" category when it's not a
    well-thought-out way of life. I.e., they won't flesh but they'll abuse
    their dog.

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Ever try to go out to dinner with a vegan? Tons of fun. I've had the

    all vegetarians are not vegans - vegans are extreme vegetarians.

    I know. I use that example for two reasons: one is that it highlights
    my point that sometimes people choose vegetarianism because of
    underlying mental health issues and because the vegetarians I know best
    are vegan. The other vegetarians wandered into fish and [organic]
    poultry eating when the rubber met the road of trying to balance ethics
    and health and eat without it being a constant big deal. I know quite a
    lot of people who won't eat anything with eyelashes but would happily
    scarf down a lobster. I consider this a normal healthy relationship
    with food.

    We *all* have to balance a bunch of considerations, including our
    perception of the damage we do the environment, the cost, the
    availability and the nutritional bang for the buck.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    experience of attempting to serve meals to vegans as well as attempting to
    go out to restaurants with vegans. The ones I know are vegan mostly

    The ones you know aren't necessarily representative of the total
    vegan/vegetarian population. Should I judge all blacks, asians, etc. based
    on the select few that I happen to be friends with?

    I'm not judging anyone, I'm saying that there are various types of
    vegetarians. Do you refute this?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    because they hate nearly every food and that way they can vet everything
    to see if it suits before they will put it in their mouths... and I assure
    you they aren't just looking for animal products. One person I know
    intimately hates nearly all vegetables, dislikes the feel of oil, and
    doesn't use herbs or spices. She lives on baked potatoes with soy sauce.
    It certainly isn't for ethics or religion, though she claims it's for
    health.

    I think this is more a function of your friend's personality...there are
    these types of people who eat meat too...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm not saying that all vegetarians are like that, but I know enough of
    them who are vegetarian because of food control issues that I suspect it's
    a mild form of mental illness.

    Probably is some mental illness dealing with food control - but to put this
    on all vegetarians is extreme.

    I'm not putting it on all vegetarians. Some are vegetarian because of
    ethics or religious precepts. Some are vegetarian because they believe
    it is healthier. But some are vegetarians because they don't like food
    and/or need to control food carefully. Where's the argument in this?

    The point in this thread is for the OP to lay vegetarianism on the table
    as an option if there isn't a particular reason he needs to be one. If
    he comes back and says he's a vegetarian because he doesn't want to harm
    the scallops then we can all shrug and move along. If he comes back and
    says he's a vegetarian because he was raised a kosher Jewish/Hindu and
    can't eat pork or shellfish or beef then we'll bring up the subject of
    lamb. If he says he's a vegetarian because he believes animal products
    are poor choices for health then we can argue the point.

    But if he comes back and says he can't eat meat because he never has
    before and is sure it's bad for him and he can't imagine trying
    something new then we'll have other suggestions.

    See, the point here is that the guy came here asking how to get more
    protein. I think why he's a vegetarian when he wants to get more
    protein is a pretty good question.

    Delenn

  13. "Delenn" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    David said:

    "Delenn" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    David wrote:

    >"Delenn" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    >>Consider carefully what advantages being vegetarian has for you. If
    >>it's ethical then it's what it is and you'll live with your choices.


    If

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>it's for health reasons you might want to re-think your beliefs. If
    >>it's because you're a picky eater then realize that your hang-ups


    might

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>need working on.
    >>
    >>Because you're going to have to change if you want to change.

    >Just about all Indians are vegetarians - it is not an option to ask him

    to

    Quoted message said:

    >reconsider - something to do with their religion

    Spoken like the true religious scholar you are. I think you're trying
    to say that Hindus don't eat beef. Try reading the second sentence of
    my paragraph again.

    My experience with vegetarians is that very few of them are actually
    vegetarian for ethical or religious reasons. I'm not saying it isn't
    possible, but a better guess is that it seemed fashionable

    I'll tell you what is 'fashionable' - 'fashionable' is denigrating
    vegetarians - why not?

    I'm not denigrating vegetarians. You're reading a bunch of stuff into
    what I wrote. He needs to examine his food intake choices. He's
    attempting to add more protein. It makes sense to put his vegetarianism
    on the table.

    Quoted message said:

    You need to grow up and
    stop sitting in judgement of others because they don't follow your
    lifestyle.

    I said it's a pain in the ass to eat out with a vegan. That's not a
    judgment on the vegan, that's an observation. I make my own choices, if
    I want to eat out with them I will, knowing the cost.

    Are you attempting to refute my premise that some percentage of
    vegetarians choose to be vegetarians other than for ethics or religion?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I don't know this guy or his situation so I'm just speculating.

    You speculate too much and come across just sounding dumb

    I'm wounded to the quick. You think I'm dumb. The horrors.

    Delenn

    I certainly don;t think you're dumb (I know you would be crushed at the
    thought!) - my only 'beef' with your approach to vegetarianism is with this
    particular person who happens to be from India where vegetarianism has deep
    ethical/religious/cultural roots. You sound like advising a Jew to
    "examine your motives about not eating pork. Are you sure you are doing
    this because it is fashionable? Perhaps you are being picky" See where I'm
    coming from?

  14. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Delenn said:
    David said:

    "Delenn" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Consider carefully what advantages being vegetarian has for you. If
    it's ethical then it's what it is and you'll live with your choices. If
    it's for health reasons you might want to re-think your beliefs. If
    it's because you're a picky eater then realize that your hang-ups might
    need working on.

    Because you're going to have to change if you want to change.

    Quoted message said:


    Just about all Indians are vegetarians - it is not an option to ask him to
    reconsider - something to do with their religion

    Spoken like the true religious scholar you are. I think you're trying
    to say that Hindus don't eat beef. Try reading the second sentence of
    my paragraph again.

    David is a well known mfw troll. Do as I and others do, don't read or
    respondto his posts.

    --
    Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

  15. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Proton Soup said:
    Zwanz of Never said:


    "Proton Soup" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:56:18 -0500, frank-in-toronto
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:15:41 -0500, Delenn <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >>[email hidden] wrote:
    >>
    >>> people ,
    >>> I am in a real dilemna , I am overwieght and need to lose weight but I
    >>> love to do weights which means less cardio.. any suggestions? also I am
    >>> a vegetarian and hence no meat or eggs for me , is there any
    >>> combination other than supplements that will help me gain muscle mass?
    >>> please advise.
    >>>
    >>> Arun
    >>> India
    >>
    >>If you want to change then you're going to have to change.
    ><snip>
    >>The keys to this are to eat less and exercise more. You get to figure
    >>out how to eat less all by yourself, but many of us have found that we
    >>are sated and have better energy levels and retain muscle mass best if
    >>we get a bunch of our calories from protein. If you insist on not
    >>eating the protein then you're likely going to have to "supplement" it
    >>from some choice like protein powders.
    >>
    >>Consider carefully what advantages being vegetarian has for you. If
    >>it's ethical then it's what it is and you'll live with your choices. If
    >>it's for health reasons you might want to re-think your beliefs. If
    >>it's because you're a picky eater then realize that your hang-ups might
    >>need working on.
    >>
    >>Because you're going to have to change if you want to change.
    >i like that phrase.
    >
    >a strict vegetarian (vegan?) cannot have protein powder
    >either since it is made from whey...milk. perhaps they
    >could have the soy based stuff but before that they
    >can just up their nuts and tofu quantity. realize that when
    >she says she want to "gain muscle", she is setting aside
    >for a moment the "lose weight" part. Obviously, she needs
    >to make a choice. Most people opt to lose the weight first.
    >Plenty of fat and some muscle will go too, and then she can
    >worry about shape. There's no reason why she can't
    >lose weight, and work out hard enough to at least
    >maintain her current muscles.

    Actually, you can get soy protein powder, but that's not friendly to
    animals, either, because huge acreages of rain forest are being cut
    down to grow soy. Come to think of it, a strict vegetarian is harming
    animals by eating agricultural crops that destroy wildlife habitat.

    When are you going to stop using this lame excuse to make yourself feel
    better, genius? According to information compiled by the United States
    Department of Agriculture, over ninety percent of all the grain/agriculture
    produced in America goes to feed livestock-cows, pigs, sheep, and
    chickens-that wind up on dinner tables. Yet the process of using grain to
    produce meat is incredibly wasteful. Figures from the U.S. Department of
    Agriculture show that for every sixteen pounds of grain fed to cattle, we
    get back only one pound of meat.

    There's a little problem here skippy, I'm not an herbivore. My body
    is designed to eat meat. In fact, if I go too long without red meat,
    I get cravings for it. It's a biological urge. Without the shedding
    of blood, my needs are not met.

    Now don't try to tell me that man is evolved to eat soybeans. It
    ain't so. Even grains are a relatively new addition to our diets.
    No, we're meant to eat a variety of foods including red meat, fish,
    fruits, nuts, vegetables. Feeding grain to people as a staple is a
    bit assinine. Grain is herbivore food, and men are not herbivores.

    Damn right.

    --
    Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

  16. "Will Brink" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Delenn said:
    David said:

    "Delenn" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    >Consider carefully what advantages being vegetarian has for you. If
    >it's ethical then it's what it is and you'll live with your choices.


    If

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >it's for health reasons you might want to re-think your beliefs. If
    >it's because you're a picky eater then realize that your hang-ups


    might

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >need working on.
    >
    >Because you're going to have to change if you want to change.

    Quoted message said:


    Just about all Indians are vegetarians - it is not an option to ask


    him to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    reconsider - something to do with their religion

    Spoken like the true religious scholar you are. I think you're trying
    to say that Hindus don't eat beef. Try reading the second sentence of
    my paragraph again.

    David is a well known mfw troll. Do as I and others do, don't read or
    respondto his posts.

    --
    Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/


    And Brinks is a well known liar and phony. I think people can make up their
    own mind about who is a troll and who isn't. Certainly Wendy doesn't need
    coaching from anyone. (If I am a troll, so are 75% of this ng)

  17. "Will Brink" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Delenn said:
    David said:

    "Delenn" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    >Consider carefully what advantages being vegetarian has for you. If
    >it's ethical then it's what it is and you'll live with your choices.


    If

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >it's for health reasons you might want to re-think your beliefs. If
    >it's because you're a picky eater then realize that your hang-ups


    might

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >need working on.
    >
    >Because you're going to have to change if you want to change.

    Quoted message said:


    Just about all Indians are vegetarians - it is not an option to ask


    him to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    reconsider - something to do with their religion

    Spoken like the true religious scholar you are. I think you're trying
    to say that Hindus don't eat beef. Try reading the second sentence of
    my paragraph again.

    David is a well known mfw troll. Do as I and others do, don't read or
    respondto his posts.

    --
    Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/


    Just curious Brinks, remember when you big noted yourself the other day
    about the UPI so called interview that you solicited - it's been a week now,
    has any publication picked up on your 'wisdom' yet? Maybe even the hick
    town paper where you live?

  18. On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:19:42 GMT, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Will Brink" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Delenn said:

    David wrote:

    > "Delenn" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    >>Consider carefully what advantages being vegetarian has for you. If
    >>it's ethical then it's what it is and you'll live with your choices.


    If

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>it's for health reasons you might want to re-think your beliefs. If
    >>it's because you're a picky eater then realize that your hang-ups


    might

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>need working on.
    >>
    >>Because you're going to have to change if you want to change.

    >
    > Just about all Indians are vegetarians - it is not an option to ask


    him to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > reconsider - something to do with their religion

    Spoken like the true religious scholar you are. I think you're trying
    to say that Hindus don't eat beef. Try reading the second sentence of
    my paragraph again.

    David is a well known mfw troll. Do as I and others do, don't read or
    respondto his posts.

    --
    Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/


    And Brinks is a well known liar and phony. I think people can make up their
    own mind about who is a troll and who isn't. Certainly Wendy doesn't need
    coaching from anyone. (If I am a troll, so are 75% of this ng)

    You're not a "troll" David, it's those other little buggers. They
    sometimes accuse me of being a "troll" too, what sort of scandal and
    infamy is that?!! ;o)

    Why don't you threaten to "killfile" OLP Brinks if he doesn't stop
    being so silly? He won't like that!! ;o)

  19. "Charles" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:19:42 GMT, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Will Brink" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,
    Delenn <[email hidden]> wrote:

    > David wrote:
    >
    > > "Delenn" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >
    > >>Consider carefully what advantages being vegetarian has for you.


    If

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >>it's ethical then it's what it is and you'll live with your


    choices.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    If

    Quoted message said:

    > >>it's for health reasons you might want to re-think your beliefs.


    If

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >>it's because you're a picky eater then realize that your hang-ups


    might

    Quoted message said:

    > >>need working on.
    > >>
    > >>Because you're going to have to change if you want to change.
    >
    > >
    > > Just about all Indians are vegetarians - it is not an option to ask


    him to

    Quoted message said:

    > > reconsider - something to do with their religion
    >
    > Spoken like the true religious scholar you are. I think you're


    trying

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > to say that Hindus don't eat beef. Try reading the second sentence


    of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > my paragraph again.

    David is a well known mfw troll. Do as I and others do, don't read or
    respondto his posts.

    --
    Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/


    And Brinks is a well known liar and phony. I think people can make up


    their

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    own mind about who is a troll and who isn't. Certainly Wendy doesn't need
    coaching from anyone. (If I am a troll, so are 75% of this ng)

    You're not a "troll" David, it's those other little buggers. They
    sometimes accuse me of being a "troll" too, what sort of scandal and
    infamy is that?!! ;o)

    Why don't you threaten to "killfile" OLP Brinks if he doesn't stop
    being so silly? He won't like that!! ;o)

    Ha ha! I'm actually just about to go on an extended sailing trip -
    something we had planned for some time - going around the Whitsundays -
    islands all around the east coast of northern Queensland - will be amazing
    and the first time I ever did anything like that - so if you don;t hear much
    from me you'll know why! Have a great time John, you know I will! Ugh it's
    Tuesday. (you;ve been a great friend!)
    !

  20. On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:00:38 GMT, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Charles" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:19:42 GMT, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Will Brink" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > In article <[email hidden]>,
    > Delenn <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > > David wrote:
    > >
    > > > "Delenn" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >
    > > >>Consider carefully what advantages being vegetarian has for you.


    If

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > >>it's ethical then it's what it is and you'll live with your


    choices.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    If
    > > >>it's for health reasons you might want to re-think your beliefs.


    If

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > >>it's because you're a picky eater then realize that your hang-ups
    might
    > > >>need working on.
    > > >>
    > > >>Because you're going to have to change if you want to change.
    > >
    > > >
    > > > Just about all Indians are vegetarians - it is not an option to ask
    him to
    > > > reconsider - something to do with their religion
    > >
    > > Spoken like the true religious scholar you are. I think you're


    trying

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > to say that Hindus don't eat beef. Try reading the second sentence


    of

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > my paragraph again.
    >
    > David is a well known mfw troll. Do as I and others do, don't read or
    > respondto his posts.
    >
    > --
    > Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/
    >
    And Brinks is a well known liar and phony. I think people can make up


    their

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    own mind about who is a troll and who isn't. Certainly Wendy doesn't need
    coaching from anyone. (If I am a troll, so are 75% of this ng)

    You're not a "troll" David, it's those other little buggers. They
    sometimes accuse me of being a "troll" too, what sort of scandal and
    infamy is that?!! ;o)

    Why don't you threaten to "killfile" OLP Brinks if he doesn't stop
    being so silly? He won't like that!! ;o)

    Ha ha! I'm actually just about to go on an extended sailing trip -
    something we had planned for some time - going around the Whitsundays -
    islands all around the east coast of northern Queensland - will be amazing
    and the first time I ever did anything like that - so if you don;t hear much
    from me you'll know why! Have a great time John, you know I will! Ugh it's
    Tuesday. (you;ve been a great friend!)

    You have a great time David, we'll miss you and your cheerful and
    witty input.

    I'll do the best I can in your absence to continue dealing with the
    resident "trolls"!! I may have to consider "killfiling" a couple until
    you get back!! ;o)

    Cheers!

    Quoted message said:

    !

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.