Vellum Cycles -- anyone know anything about them?

steeveage

Oct 5, 2005
Hi all,

I am recently getting into road biking and I am looking for my first road bike. I want one mainly for cross-training for other sports and recreation, but at the same time I am fond of having high-quality, high performance equipment.

I was recently presented with the opportunity to get a substantial discount on the Vellum Gauge. I've looked all over Google and have seen little in the way of rider reviews on these bikes. It looks like Vellum is a fairly new company. I'm wondering what their reputation is out there so far in the rider community, if at all? Does anyone know anything about this company or its equipment?

http://www.vellumcycles.com

Thanks,
Steve.

I currently ride a Vellum Edge and I can tell you it is one of the best racing frames I have ever ridden. Light, but not stupid, stiff, but still comfortable.

Extremely elegant look, which adds another fun dimension to group rides and races. Lots of looks.

I don't know about the Gauge, but if you want a great ride Vellum makes great bikes.

Ron

steeveage said:
Hi all,

I am recently getting into road biking and I am looking for my first road bike. I want one mainly for cross-training for other sports and recreation, but at the same time I am fond of having high-quality, high performance equipment.

I was recently presented with the opportunity to get a substantial discount on the Vellum Gauge. I've looked all over Google and have seen little in the way of rider reviews on these bikes. It looks like Vellum is a fairly new company. I'm wondering what their reputation is out there so far in the rider community, if at all? Does anyone know anything about this company or its equipment?

http://www.vellumcycles.com

Thanks,
Steve.

WOW! Didn't expect anyone to reply to this thread...ever...I posted it like almost a year ago :) Thanks for your feedback.

I did end up getting the Gauge, then I threw on an Ultegra groupset and Bontrager Race X Lite wheels. It's my first road bike, and I love it. Very smooth and comfortable.

The Vellum is INCREDIBLE. I saw it at Eurobike in Vegas. The Evolution TT Bike is amazing too. I am planning on getting an Edge in 2007. But from what I saw, they are spectacular!!! Ron is the BB stiff? Do you experience Chain Rub when sprinting out of the saddle? Here's a pic from the booth.

steeveage said:
WOW! Didn't expect anyone to reply to this thread...ever...I posted it like almost a year ago :) Thanks for your feedback.

I did end up getting the Gauge, then I threw on an Ultegra groupset and Bontrager Race X Lite wheels. It's my first road bike, and I love it. Very smooth and comfortable.

carbonguru said:
The Vellum is INCREDIBLE. I saw it at Eurobike in Vegas. The Evolution TT Bike is amazing too. I am planning on getting an Edge in 2007. But from what I saw, they are spectacular!!! Ron is the BB stiff? Do you experience Chain Rub when sprinting out of the saddle? Here's a pic from the booth.
OK. I don't care how much you earn you just got two frames, already have another two, are planning to get a roark now, this is just ridiculous.

Bobby...don't fret. Do you want me to send you one of my frames when I'm done with it?

I'm not getting a Roark. Ti and me are not friends.

I'm really set on the Vellum Edge. But I will get that early 2007. The Edge Elite Frame/Fork costs $2600. So I need to budget for the build. It could easily be a $5,000 build when I'm done with the project. My 2007 Bike Budget is $35,000 which gets me 7 - $5,000 bike build projects for the year. Vellum will be the 1st project.

Bobby have a great weekend! Cheers!

bobbyOCR said:
OK. I don't care how much you earn you just got two frames, already have another two, are planning to get a roark now, this is just ridiculous.

carbonguru said:
When did Eurobike move to Vegas? I don't think those Europeans are going to be too happy about this new development...

Like Vellum frames? Then take a look at Intense frames, because they have frames that are identical to at least a few of Vellum's frames. I believe that there's also another manufacturer with the same frames.

Booorrrrrrrring.

100miles for once you're right. I meant Interbike in Vegas. So many shows, so little time. ;)

100miles said:
When did Eurobike move to Vegas? I don't think those Europeans are going to be too happy about this new development...