Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Velo D2 Gel handlebar tape

Started by Adam Rush · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,423 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
1 November 2003
Last activity
2 November 2003
Original author
Adam Rush
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,423
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Okay, this is pretty embarrasing to ask, but I don't think I know how to put this stuff on. It comes
    with, of course: the actual bartape, the tape to tie down the ends with, and the caps for bar ends.
    But, it has these two strips of foam, maybe 10cm long, with a x-section like this:

    -----
    -----------

    What are these for? Are they necessary? I don't want to buy another package, as the nearest Biltema
    is an awfully long way away.

  2. Adam Rush said:

    Okay, this is pretty embarrasing to ask, but I don't think I know how to put this stuff on. It
    comes with, of course: the actual bartape, the tape to tie down the ends with, and the caps for
    bar ends. But, it has these two strips of foam, maybe 10cm long, with a x-section like this:

    Quoted message said:

    -----
    -----------

    Quoted message said:

    What are these for? Are they necessary? I don't want to buy another package, as the nearest
    Biltema is an awfully long way away.

    You didn't say how wide the strips are, but there are two likely alternatives.

    If they are narrow, then can be used to fill the unused groove in the handlebar, if you use Shimano
    levers. I think my 3T handlebar came with two rubber strips for this purpose.

    If they are wide, you can place them under the tape on the top of the bar, for additional padding.

    -as

  3. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Okay, this is pretty embarrasing to ask, but I don't think I know how to put this stuff on. It
    comes with, of course: the actual bartape, the tape to tie down the ends with, and the caps for
    bar ends. But, it has these two strips of foam, maybe 10cm long, with a x-section like this:

    Quoted message said:

    -----
    -----------

    Quoted message said:

    What are these for? Are they necessary? I don't want to buy another package, as the nearest
    Biltema is an awfully long way away.

    You didn't say how wide the strips are, but there are two likely alternatives.

    If they are narrow, then can be used to fill the unused groove in the handlebar, if you use
    Shimano levers. I think my 3T handlebar came with two rubber strips for this purpose.

    If they are wide, you can place them under the tape on the top of the bar, for additional padding.

    -as

    Well, they are about 150% the width of the bar tape and come with a peal-away strip like so:

    plastic
    v
    -----
    -----------

    ...to cover adhesive. Do you have any pictures of this Shimano use?

    Isn't there some bike shop proprieteur who sells this stuff and could peak into a box of it? This
    model is freaking everywhere.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.