Velo News Coverage of Lance's Seperation

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ronde Champ, Feb 25, 2003.

  1. Ronde Champ

    Ronde Champ Guest

    I was surprised to see that www.velonews.com hasn't mentioned Lance's separation from his wife. This
    may be surprising to some of you, but I'm not asking for speculation or rumor concerning what
    happened. But I do feel that it should be mentioned. We're talking about a major life event for
    someone who is arguably the greatest cyclist ever, let alone the greatest American rider. And no
    mention whatsoever from the most influential source of cycling news in the US.

    Thanks, Ronde Champ

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I was surprised to see that www.velonews.com hasn't mentioned Lance's separation from his wife.
    > This may be surprising to some of you, but I'm not asking for speculation or rumor concerning what
    > happened. But I do feel that it should be mentioned. We're talking about a major life event for
    > someone who is arguably the greatest cyclist ever, let alone the greatest American rider. And no
    > mention whatsoever from the most influential source of cycling news in the US.
    >
    > Thanks, Ronde Champ

    From "Saturday news" on Velonews.com:

    Armstrongs agree to temporary separation

    Lance Armstrong announced Saturday he was separating from his wife Kristin after four-and-a-half
    years of marriage.

    "We're looking to sort out some delicate questions in the way that we've confronted other obstacles
    in our life - together and with determination and commitment," the couple, who have three children,
    told Saturday's edition of the Austin American-Stateman.

    "It's possible that we'll have a period of separation so as to reflect on our relationship and work
    to protect the interests of our family and our children."

    Cheers,

    Patrick O'Grady VeloNews staff infection http://www.maddogmedia.com

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Maybe they have better things to do ... like report on bike racing.

    "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I was surprised to see that www.velonews.com hasn't mentioned Lance's separation from his wife.
    > This may be surprising to some of you, but I'm not asking for speculation or rumor concerning what
    > happened. But I do
    feel
    > that it should be mentioned. We're talking about a major life event for someone who is arguably
    > the greatest cyclist ever, let alone the greatest American rider. And no mention whatsoever from
    > the most influential
    source
    > of cycling news in the US.
    >
    > Thanks, Ronde Champ

  4. Ronde Champ

    Ronde Champ Guest

    I stand corrected. I failed to notice this news piece as the last item (behind a story about Pantani
    watching a soccer game) in your daily re-cap of events. I would've thought that an event surrounding
    the sport's biggest figure would have at least deserved it's own headline.

    Thanks, Ronde Champ

    "Patrick O'Grady" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > I was surprised to see that www.velonews.com hasn't mentioned Lance's separation from his wife.
    > > This may be surprising to some of you, but
    I'm
    > > not asking for speculation or rumor concerning what happened. But I do
    feel
    > > that it should be mentioned. We're talking about a major life event for someone who is arguably
    > > the greatest cyclist ever, let alone the
    greatest
    > > American rider. And no mention whatsoever from the most influential
    source
    > > of cycling news in the US.
    > >
    > > Thanks, Ronde Champ
    >

    > From "Saturday news" on Velonews.com:
    >
    > Armstrongs agree to temporary separation
    >
    > Lance Armstrong announced Saturday he was separating from his wife Kristin after four-and-a-half
    > years of marriage.
    >
    > "We're looking to sort out some delicate questions in the way that we've confronted other
    > obstacles in our life - together and with determination
    and
    > commitment," the couple, who have three children, told Saturday's edition
    of
    > the Austin American-Stateman.
    >
    > "It's possible that we'll have a period of separation so as to reflect on
    our
    > relationship and work to protect the interests of our family and our
    children."

    > Cheers,
    >
    > Patrick O'Grady VeloNews staff infection http://www.maddogmedia.com

  5. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Maybe they have better things to do ... like report on bike racing.

    Heaven forbid actually talking about RACING! Who gives a rat's ass about Lance's marital problems?

    If you've got the time and energy to sit around and contemplate that, you're not training enough!

    Mike

    > "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I was surprised to see that www.velonews.com hasn't mentioned Lance's separation from his wife.
    > > This may be surprising to some of you, but
    I'm
    > > not asking for speculation or rumor concerning what happened. But I do
    > feel
    > > that it should be mentioned. We're talking about a major life event for someone who is arguably
    > > the greatest cyclist ever, let alone the
    greatest
    > > American rider. And no mention whatsoever from the most influential
    > source
    > > of cycling news in the US.
    > >
    > > Thanks, Ronde Champ

  6. Graham

    Graham Guest

    "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I was surprised to see that www.velonews.com hasn't mentioned Lance's separation from his wife.
    > This may be surprising to some of you, but I'm not asking for speculation or rumor concerning what
    > happened. But I do
    feel
    > that it should be mentioned. We're talking about a major life event for someone who is arguably
    > the greatest cyclist ever, let alone the greatest American rider. And no mention whatsoever from
    > the most influential
    source
    > of cycling news in the US.
    >
    > Thanks, Ronde Champ

    ".....arguably the greatest cyclist ever,....." !!! Not much of an argument there.

    Graham

  7. "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > We're talking about a major life event for someone who is arguably the greatest cyclist ever,
    >
    > Thanks, Ronde Champ

    You just blew any grasp of credibility I had in you.

  8. Dario

    Dario Guest

    "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I was surprised to see

    <snip>

    ..And no mention whatsoever from the most influential source
    > of cycling news in the US.
    >
    > Thanks, Ronde Champ

    Most influential source? I think you have been spending too much time in this cesspool that is RBR.

  9. Ted

    Ted Guest

    > "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > We're talking about a major life event for someone who is arguably the greatest cyclist ever,
    > >
    > > Thanks, Ronde Champ
    > >

    > You just blew any grasp of credibility I had in you.

    Being one of the few actual racers on this group, I'm very disappointed it took you this long. You
    must not have been paying attention.

  10. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Ted" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:_%[email protected]...
    > "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > We're talking about a major life event for someone who is arguably the greatest cyclist ever,
    > > >
    > > > Thanks, Ronde Champ
    > > >

    > > You just blew any grasp of credibility I had in you.
    > >

    > Being one of the few actual racers on this group, I'm very disappointed it took you this long. You
    > must not have been paying attention.

    I do a search on USA Race Results, 2001-2002 and find no one any good with the Name of "Ted <no
    last name>"

    So, tell us what you are hiding, or why mr. AOL Ted Meister.

    -Ken

  11. Cat 6

    Cat 6 Guest

    "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Ted" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:_%[email protected]...
    > > "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > > > You just blew any grasp of credibility I had in you.
    > > >

    > > Being one of the few actual racers on this group, I'm very disappointed
    it
    > > took you this long. You must not have been paying attention.
    >
    > I do a search on USA Race Results, 2001-2002 and find no one any good with the Name of "Ted <no
    > last name>"
    >
    > So, tell us what you are hiding, or why mr. AOL Ted Meister.
    >
    > -Ken

    "good" is such a relative term. Ted Huang is not a bad rider...but he does not fit the search
    criteria, since he has a last name.

  12. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Cat 6" <.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...

    > "KPapai" <[email protected]

    > > > Being one of the few actual racers on this group, I'm very
    disappointed
    > it
    > > > took you this long. You must not have been paying attention.
    > >
    > > I do a search on USA Race Results, 2001-2002 and find no one any good with the Name of "Ted <no
    > > last name>"
    > >
    > > So, tell us what you are hiding, or why mr. AOL Ted Meister.

    > "good" is such a relative term. Ted Huang is not a bad rider...but he
    does
    > not fit the search criteria, since he has a last name.

    And the fact that Ted Huang would not use AOL.

    -Ken