VeloBeats - music mixes made specifically for cyclists!!! check it out!

johnalex13

Jan 31, 2011
Guys,

Not trying to span here. I am a road biker/racer and I think a lot of you guys will be interested in this. I have put this in a few other forums and it has gotten a decent amount of attention.

I spent months listening to **** podcasts/DJ mixes that didnt' keep my pumped for my entire ride.

Eventually I started making my own and giving them out to friends. No I am trying to make this a little more official and get a bigger audience. I know cyclingforums is a popular place on the web for cyclists to congregate.

Down to the mix. It's 2 hours of house, trance, prog, dubstep, and DnB. Totally fast paced with a lot of cycling related clips in it!

download it from www.velobeats.com
and 'Like' it on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/VeloBe...8046386?ref=ts

Enjoy and 'ride lots'

Reactions: frenchyge
hey fellas,

Thanks for the warm reception. Another forum REALLY laid into me for my bad grammer and accused me of being a 'spammer'. You guys are gentleman.

Feel free to subscribe on soundcloud, like on facebook, or add the RSS feed so you can know when the next one comes out!

While I don't listen to an MP3 player while riding, and don't really listen to this genre', I think that you are providing a good service to those that would use it. It does sound real close to being spam, but I don't think that it is so I'm not going to report it as such. Good luck!

Not a good idea to use an IPOD while cycling out on the road. Ok for use on a trainer.

Originally Posted by davereo .

Not a good idea to use an IPOD while cycling out on the road. Ok for use on a trainer.

this is true, and I think it's possible to be ticketed for wearing headphones/earbuds while riding (or driving), but I'm not sure. I think if you're listening to music on the road with other cars, it's not such a good idea, but if you have a bike path or if you're out on wide open roads in the middle of nowhere then it's fine. I use earbuds while riding the paved trail here, and whenever I get to a road I just pull the left earbud out so I can hear what the cars are doing.

No "Eye of the Tiger"? Count me out. Just kidding..............sort of. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Cycling with headphones can be dangerous with most conventional in ear headphones.

You can get sport specific ones that have an ear clip to stay on so don't completely cancel out the noise.

I have a pair of the Power Beats by Dre and I've found I can hear most of my surroundings.

Whether or not earbuds/earphones are legal depends on the state.
As far as I know, there are only two states where this is illegal - but check for yourself whether you're in the clear or not.

Cars are very different, as your'e already somewhat insulated from sound, so further sound insulation is very dangerous (if you can't hear emergency vehicles, or honking for example). Bikes are a little different, as even with in-ear monitors, you can still hear loud noises outside - and in some cases, cutting down on wind noise (ear plugs) without music makes it easier to hear loud ambient sounds like emergency vehicles/cars.

Probably right though - not ideal, though the risk may be deemed acceptable by some (myself included).
I don't always bike with music, as I enjoy just being out and watching the surroundings, but on the trainer I definitely do. I also like to be able to bike with music, especially if I'm out to push it, and I'm alone.

Too dangerous to ride with headphones, besides I can't hear above to loud gasping noises coming from my lungs.