Veloce v Mirage v Xenon triple cranks

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Pete Biggs, Mar 29, 2003.

  1. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    I know different rings are supplied*, but are there any other differences between the current
    versions of these _triple_ cranks (apart from the badges of course)? ...Alloy? Shape? Finish? etc

    * Veloce: all alumium, Mirage: steel inner, Xenon: steel inner and middle. Is that right?

    cheers ~PB

    Tags:

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    I asked:
    > I know different rings are supplied*, but are there any other differences between the current
    > versions of these _triple_ cranks (apart from the badges of course)? ...Alloy? Shape? Finish? etc

    Just realised Mirage and Veloce prices are the same for this item so it's really just Veloce vs.
    Xenon that I'm intersted in now.

    ~PB

  3. "Pete Biggs" <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I know different rings are supplied*, but are there any other differences between the current
    > versions of these _triple_ cranks (apart from the badges of course)? ...Alloy? Shape? Finish? etc
    >
    > * Veloce: all alumium, Mirage: steel inner, Xenon: steel inner and middle. Is that right?

    Xenon rings are, as far as I'm aware, all steel, regardless of size.

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, Uinversity of York

  4. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    > I know different rings are supplied*, but are there any other differences between the current
    > versions of these _triple_ cranks (apart from the badges of course)? ...Alloy? Shape? Finish? etc

    Update: Here's the answer I've just received from Tim from www.campyonly.com : "The arms are pretty
    much identical. Xenon getts a little less finishing to the arm and sort of intensionally carries
    more weight. It looks like they just stick on more material on the arms. Veloce and Mirage are
    nearly identical except for the detail finishing."

    ~PB