Velocity 700c Fusion ERD?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Gene Tolli, Dec 8, 2005.

  1. Gene Tolli

    Gene Tolli Guest

    I'm looking for an actual measurement of the ERD for the above rim and
    am hoping someone can help. Velocity lists the rim at 591.0; my
    attempted measurement comes to 586; and Spocalc contains the caveat
    "Measured 596.4. MEASURE TO BE SURE!"

    Thanks in advance.

    Tags:

  2. "Gene Tolli" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I'm looking for an actual measurement of the ERD for the above rim and am
    > hoping someone can help. Velocity lists the rim at 591.0; my attempted
    > measurement comes to 586; and Spocalc contains the caveat "Measured 596.4.
    > MEASURE TO BE SURE!"
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    I use the Velocity claimed 591mm and always get good calcs using Wheelsmith
    Spoke Length System. It sounds like your 586 is more of a measured i.d.
    Remember, "E" is for "effective". If you don't have rim rods or something
    similar you can't really measure the effective dimension as it is measured
    from where the nipple sits. . . .

  3. Joel

    Joel Guest

    Call Velocity and ask them.
    I have called them before and they were very helpful.
    If they say its 591 it probably is.

    Joel

  4. Nick Payne

    Nick Payne Guest