Velocity 700c Fusion ERD?

Gene Tolli

Guest
I'm looking for an actual measurement of the ERD for the above rim and
am hoping someone can help. Velocity lists the rim at 591.0; my
attempted measurement comes to 586; and Spocalc contains the caveat
"Measured 596.4. MEASURE TO BE SURE!"

Thanks in advance.

"Gene Tolli" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm looking for an actual measurement of the ERD for the above rim and am
> hoping someone can help. Velocity lists the rim at 591.0; my attempted
> measurement comes to 586; and Spocalc contains the caveat "Measured 596.4.
> MEASURE TO BE SURE!"
>
> Thanks in advance.

I use the Velocity claimed 591mm and always get good calcs using Wheelsmith
Spoke Length System. It sounds like your 586 is more of a measured i.d.
Remember, "E" is for "effective". If you don't have rim rods or something
similar you can't really measure the effective dimension as it is measured
from where the nipple sits. . . .

Call Velocity and ask them.
I have called them before and they were very helpful.
If they say its 591 it probably is.

Joel