Velocity Rims/Wheels

bcham

Jun 20, 2006
Hi,
Who has any feedback regarding Velocity rims/Wheels/products?
I have researched, and they seem very highly rated.
Need independent verification!

Thanks.

bcham said:
Hi,
Who has any feedback regarding Velocity rims/Wheels/products?
I have researched, and they seem very highly rated.
Need independent verification!

Thanks.

As a bike shop we build many wheelsets with their rims and hubs. Great rims, I have built with Deep V, Fusion, Dyad, Aerohead, Escape. Well made, make for a great wheelset. Their hubs are well made, not expensive, easy to service. As a wheelbuilder, I have no experience with the wheels they build.

They're fine. A little on the heavy side, but never any big problems from what I've heard.

I have a rear 24h Aerohead O/C, which is an interesting concept. It hasn't gone out of true in 2 years with light training (and, in the past month, heavy training). It may or may not be due to the O/C design, but most likely not. No dents/bent rim from holes in the road, though.

I cannot comment on their hubs or pre-built wheels, as I do not own either.

Yeah, their rims are great, but I'm not so sure about their pre-built wheels. I friend of mine had big problems with a set, wrecking the free-hub twice and breaking spokes, and he's not a big guy (about 82kg).

I'll ask him what set he had.

Peter@vecchios said:
As a bike shop we build many wheelsets with their rims and hubs. Great rims, I have built with Deep V, Fusion, Dyad, Aerohead, Escape. Well made, make for a great wheelset. Their hubs are well made, not expensive, easy to service. As a wheelbuilder, I have no experience with the wheels they build.
Thanks so much for the feedback.
Cheers.

531Aussie said:
Yeah, their rims are great, but I'm not so sure about their pre-built wheels. I friend of mine had big problems with a set, wrecking the free-hub twice and breaking spokes, and he's not a big guy (about 82kg).

I'll ask him what set he had.
Thanks a lot.
I am getting a set of 36H deep V rims, haven't settled on the hubs, though.
I'm a bit on the heavy side (okay, a lot!)
Cheers.