velocity spartacus pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

hey has anyone got any feedback about these wheels? Ive googled till blue in the face and cant seem
to find a thing

They are bucket loads cheaper than the alternatives and just wondering if this is related more to
exchange rate or product quality?

Thanks

Simon

> hey has anyone got any feedback about these wheels? Ive googled till blue in the face and cant
> seem to find a thing
>
> They are bucket loads cheaper than the alternatives and just wondering if this is related more to
> exchange rate or product quality?
>
> Thanks
>
> Simon

That depends what you think the alternatives are. They are cheaper than other expensive prebuilt low
spoke count wheels, I guess being made in Australia helps there, but for the same or less money you
could get a very nice set of standard wheels built that would be as light or lighter and much
stronger, though maybe not quite as aero.

I have seen 2 standard spartacus rear wheels (not the pro model) have problems at races this season,
1 broken spoke and 1 completely loose spoke. FYI I race on 32 spoke wheels with Campag Daytona hubs,
Velocity Aerohead rims and DT 14/15/14 double butted spokes. They are quite light, strong and if
something does break they will be very easy and cheap to fix.

Bruce Dickson

----------------------------------------------------------
The bike should be light, simple, and reliable. Of course, reliability is infinitely more important
than light weight, because there's nothing slower than a broken bike Adam Myerson 25/10/01 bike.com

hey has anyone got any feedback about these wheels? Ive googled till blue in the face and cant seem
to find a thing They are bucket loads cheaper than the alternatives and just wondering ifthis is
related more to exchange rate or product quality?
>Thanks Simon

I had a set for about a month and was bitterly disappointed with them, however my riding partner
reckons they are ok. I am now riding mavic Cosmos wheels (old stock, last years model) They seem to
suit me better. The Aero's continuallly pulled spoles on me and I am not by any stretch of the
imagination a rider that puts much strain on any wheel. (57, Overweight and an amputee) So I would
like myself to see if any other rider has had the same problem with these wheels. Hop

I think they may be so cheap because of weight? The rear wheel is over a kilogram, and the front is close to a kilogram....there are far lighter alternatives for only slightly more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.