Velocity wheels/rims

MT

Guest
Does anyone have any experience with Velocity rims or wheels?
I'm thinking of buying a set, specifically the 'Deep V' rims.
They're not light at all, but seem like they'd be especially durable for me
(170 lbs approx.)

Thanks

MT wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with Velocity rims or wheels?
> I'm thinking of buying a set, specifically the 'Deep V' rims.
> They're not light at all, but seem like they'd be especially durable for me
> (170 lbs approx.)

Yes I agree. Round. Tough. Not light.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

"MT" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone have any experience with Velocity rims or wheels?
> I'm thinking of buying a set, specifically the 'Deep V' rims.
> They're not light at all, but seem like they'd be especially durable for
> me (170 lbs approx.)
>
> Thanks

I've had a set of wheels made with Deep V rims and Shimano hubs for over a
year. Like them a lot - plenty durable so far, and I've bashed them through
many unnoticed road irregularities. The ones I have are powder-coated
instead of anodized. No cracking seen around the spoke holes. I'm about 5
lbs heavier than you. I'd buy them again.

Cal

MT said:
Does anyone have any experience with Velocity rims or wheels?
I'm thinking of buying a set, specifically the 'Deep V' rims.
They're not light at all, but seem like they'd be especially durable for me
(170 lbs approx.)

Thanks

Deep V is very stiff and will hold up quite well with your wieght and 100 pounds more if properly built.
David Ornee - Western Springs, IL

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 04:12:46 GMT, "MT" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Does anyone have any experience with Velocity rims or wheels?
>I'm thinking of buying a set, specifically the 'Deep V' rims.
>They're not light at all, but seem like they'd be especially durable for me
>(170 lbs approx.)
>
>Thanks

I weigh ~200 lbs. and have been using the Velocity OC w/o problems. I
would assume that the Deep V would make good wheels but I don't like
using long valve tubes and see no reason for the extra rim weight.

>I weigh ~200 lbs. and have been using the Velocity OC w/o problems. I
>would assume that the Deep V would make good wheels but I don't like
>using long valve tubes and see no reason for the extra rim weight.

I have a set on my road bike and now for my bent. I have deep v and arrowhead on
front on my road bike and deep v match on my bent. I used velocity hubs and they
work well too. I wanted very durable wheels that don't need much truing.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

[email protected] says...
>Does anyone have any experience with Velocity rims or wheels?
>I'm thinking of buying a set, specifically the 'Deep V' rims.
>They're not light at all, but seem like they'd be especially durable for me
>(170 lbs approx.)

I've built a few sets of wheels with velocity rims. They have worked fine
for me. If built properly, they will work fine for you. They also come
lots of colors.
--------------
Alex

\
>I weigh ~200 lbs. and have been using the Velocity OC w/o problems. I
>would assume that the Deep V would make good wheels but I don't like
>using long valve tubes and see no reason for the extra rim weight.

a regular stem is just enough and they are only 4oz more. Plus they look cool.

--

Peter Chisholm writes:

> [-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, charset: ISO-8859-1, 12 lines --]

> MT wrote:
>> Does anyone have any experience with Velocity rims or wheels?
>> I'm thinking of buying a set, specifically the 'Deep V' rims.
>> They're not light at all, but seem like they'd be especially durable for me
>> (170 lbs approx.)
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> We build hundreds of wheels each year with Velocity rims. Aerohead,
> Aero, Fusion, Deep V, Synergy-GREAT rims.

> [-- text/x-vcard, encoding 7bit, charset: utf-8, 9 lines, name: peter.vcf --]

Try to use ASCII next time.

Jobst

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 18:57:51 GMT,
[email protected] wrote:

>Peter Chisholm writes:
>
>> [-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, charset: ISO-8859-1, 12 lines --]

>> MT wrote:
>>> Does anyone have any experience with Velocity rims or wheels?
>>> I'm thinking of buying a set, specifically the 'Deep V' rims.
>>> They're not light at all, but seem like they'd be especially durable for me
>>> (170 lbs approx.)
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> We build hundreds of wheels each year with Velocity rims. Aerohead,
>> Aero, Fusion, Deep V, Synergy-GREAT rims.

>> [-- text/x-vcard, encoding 7bit, charset: utf-8, 9 lines, name: peter.vcf --]

>Try to use ASCII next time.
>
>Jobst

Dear Jobst,

First Peter changes.

Now your signature?

Are hell's foundations quivering?

Flustered,

Carl Fogel

"Peter Chisholm" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> MT wrote:
> > Does anyone have any experience with Velocity rims or wheels?
> > I'm thinking of buying a set, specifically the 'Deep V' rims.
> > They're not light at all, but seem like they'd be especially

durable for me
> > (170 lbs approx.)
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> We build hundreds of wheels each year with Velocity rims.

Aerohead,
> Aero, Fusion, Deep V, Synergy-GREAT rims.

Peter, how has your luck been with mechanical damage to the
Aeroheads? I have built a few of the Aerohead OCs and have had
two rims with sidewall dents after less than 500 miles --
probably something that could be solved with wider tires, but
still a little surprizing for me. I have not had the same
problems with Open Pros. Overall, though, the OCs are great rims
and solve a real problem. -- Jay Beattie.