Velodrome in Charlotte

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Vicintini, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Vicintini

    Vicintini Guest

    I had heard a rumor that velodrome was going to be built, or is being built, in charlotte, NC. Has
    anyone heard anything?

    RObert

    Tags:

  2. Jason Darden

    Jason Darden Guest

    in article [email protected], vicintini at [email protected] wrote
    on 1/23/03 4:21 PM:

    > I had heard a rumor that velodrome was going to be built, or is being built, in charlotte, NC. Has
    > anyone heard anything?
    >
    > RObert

    Word on the street is that Spencer Lueders, a Cat 2 and lawyer from Charlotte, is working on getting
    one built. I've heard that the location has moved to Rock Hill, SC. Chris Knetche, who rides for the
    Earthfare team with Spencer, is a big trackie and lives in Rock Hill...that may have something to do
    with it moving. That and the price of acreage in Mecklenburg County.

    I'd like to see it closer to Raleigh though, maybe Greensboro

  3. Vicintini

    Vicintini Guest

    Cool, that's more than I had heard in October. I raced for Earthfare last year and we were trying to
    get funding for it, but I thought it had been in the hands of the guy who puts on the crits in
    charlotte.... If we could get a track in Charlotte, that would be sweet...

    Robert

    news:<BA5767DC.2CC6%[email protected]>...