Velodrome in Charlotte

Vicintini

Guest
I had heard a rumor that velodrome was going to be built, or is being built, in charlotte, NC. Has
anyone heard anything?

RObert

in article [email protected], vicintini at [email protected] wrote
on 1/23/03 4:21 PM:

> I had heard a rumor that velodrome was going to be built, or is being built, in charlotte, NC. Has
> anyone heard anything?
>
> RObert

Word on the street is that Spencer Lueders, a Cat 2 and lawyer from Charlotte, is working on getting
one built. I've heard that the location has moved to Rock Hill, SC. Chris Knetche, who rides for the
Earthfare team with Spencer, is a big trackie and lives in Rock Hill...that may have something to do
with it moving. That and the price of acreage in Mecklenburg County.

I'd like to see it closer to Raleigh though, maybe Greensboro

Cool, that's more than I had heard in October. I raced for Earthfare last year and we were trying to
get funding for it, but I thought it had been in the hands of the guy who puts on the crits in
charlotte.... If we could get a track in Charlotte, that would be sweet...

Robert

news:<BA5767DC.2CC6%[email protected]>...