Velodyne Speakers?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Elias Davis, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Elias Davis

    Elias Davis Guest

    Does anyone have any opinions of Veoldyne spl-523 speakers? I can't seem to find much information on
    them. I saw these speakers at a local store and was told they were good for surround speakers in a
    home theater system. They certainly look nice and have what looks to be a good mounting system. The
    speakers couldn't be hooked up at the store so I thought I'd ask here about them. Thanks. Elias

    Tags:

  2. "Elias Davis" <[email protected]> writes:

    > Does anyone have any opinions of Veoldyne spl-523 speakers? I can't seem to find much
    > information on them. I saw these speakers at a local store and was told they were good for
    > surround speakers in a home theater system. They certainly look nice and have what looks to be a
    > good mounting system.

    You'll never fit a subwoofer on a bike, surely, whatever the mounting system? But with the traffic
    noise a decent setup is going to be wasted anyway.

  3. Elias Davis <[email protected]> wrote:
    : Does anyone have any opinions of Veoldyne spl-523 speakers? I can't seem to find much
    : information on them. I saw these speakers at a local store and was told they were good for
    : surround speakers in a home theater system. They certainly look nice and have what looks to be a
    : good mounting system. The speakers couldn't be hooked up at the store so I thought I'd ask here
    : about them. Thanks.

    I found that if you use a left hand threaded lock nut on the right speaker and a right hand threaded
    lock nut on the left you get full frequency response. Oh, and it helps if you use a 39 tooth
    chainring. I also recommend using teflon coated cables to hook them up.

    Cheerz, Lynzz

  4. Scic

    Scic Guest

    >From: "Elias Davis"

    > ...a good mounting system. The speakers couldn't be hooked up at the store so I thought I'd ask
    > here about
    them.

    Just hang them on the rear rack; they'll be fine. :>)

    Sig Chicago

  5. Bill

    Bill Guest

    "Elias Davis" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone have any opinions of Veoldyne spl-523 speakers? I can't seem
    > find much information on them.> Elias

    Try rec.audio.high-end or rec.audio.opinion Bill

  6. In article <[email protected]>, "Elias Davis" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Does anyone have any opinions of Veoldyne spl-523 speakers?

    My experience with Velodyne is that they don't integrate with the main speakers as well as one might
    hope. In fairness, I'm not familiar with this particular model. REL seems to have the requisite
    adjustability to ensure beautiful integration with most systems, and I personally use their Stadium
    II model; it merges magnificently with my big ESP Concert Grand speakers.

    But the thought of carrying a big Velodyne on a bicycle boggles the mind, especially on the climbs.
    Hope you at least listen to classical music; I'd hate to be anywhere near you with the Velodyne
    spewing hip-hop garbage.

    Art

  7. Elias Davis

    Elias Davis Guest

    Oops! They were really thrown for a loop on alt.home-theater.misc when I asked about campy chorus
    crankarm lengths. Elias "Elias Davis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone have any opinions of Veoldyne spl-523 speakers? I can't seem
    > find much information on them. I saw these speakers at a local store and
    was
    > told they were good for surround speakers in a home theater system. They certainly look nice and
    > have what looks to be a good mounting system. The speakers couldn't be hooked up at the store so I
    > thought I'd ask here
    about
    > them. Thanks. Elias

  8. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    "Elias Davis" <[email protected]> wrote
    > Oops! They were really thrown for a loop on alt.home-theater.misc when I asked about campy chorus
    > crankarm lengths.
    >
    > "Elias Davis" <[email protected]> wrote
    > > Does anyone have any opinions of Veoldyne spl-523 speakers?

    Too bad. I thought you were asking about the Velodyne, which is once again in production:
    http://www.velodynesports.com