Velodyne Speakers?

Elias Davis

Guest
Does anyone have any opinions of Veoldyne spl-523 speakers? I can't seem to find much information on
them. I saw these speakers at a local store and was told they were good for surround speakers in a
home theater system. They certainly look nice and have what looks to be a good mounting system. The
speakers couldn't be hooked up at the store so I thought I'd ask here about them. Thanks. Elias

"Elias Davis" <[email protected]> writes:

> Does anyone have any opinions of Veoldyne spl-523 speakers? I can't seem to find much
> information on them. I saw these speakers at a local store and was told they were good for
> surround speakers in a home theater system. They certainly look nice and have what looks to be a
> good mounting system.

You'll never fit a subwoofer on a bike, surely, whatever the mounting system? But with the traffic
noise a decent setup is going to be wasted anyway.

Elias Davis <[email protected]> wrote:
: Does anyone have any opinions of Veoldyne spl-523 speakers? I can't seem to find much
: information on them. I saw these speakers at a local store and was told they were good for
: surround speakers in a home theater system. They certainly look nice and have what looks to be a
: good mounting system. The speakers couldn't be hooked up at the store so I thought I'd ask here
: about them. Thanks.

I found that if you use a left hand threaded lock nut on the right speaker and a right hand threaded
lock nut on the left you get full frequency response. Oh, and it helps if you use a 39 tooth
chainring. I also recommend using teflon coated cables to hook them up.

Cheerz, Lynzz

>From: "Elias Davis"

> ...a good mounting system. The speakers couldn't be hooked up at the store so I thought I'd ask
> here about
them.

Just hang them on the rear rack; they'll be fine. :>)

Sig Chicago

In article <[email protected]>, "Elias Davis" <[email protected]> wrote:
>Does anyone have any opinions of Veoldyne spl-523 speakers?

My experience with Velodyne is that they don't integrate with the main speakers as well as one might
hope. In fairness, I'm not familiar with this particular model. REL seems to have the requisite
adjustability to ensure beautiful integration with most systems, and I personally use their Stadium
II model; it merges magnificently with my big ESP Concert Grand speakers.

But the thought of carrying a big Velodyne on a bicycle boggles the mind, especially on the climbs.
Hope you at least listen to classical music; I'd hate to be anywhere near you with the Velodyne
spewing hip-hop garbage.

Art

Oops! They were really thrown for a loop on alt.home-theater.misc when I asked about campy chorus
crankarm lengths. Elias "Elias Davis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone have any opinions of Veoldyne spl-523 speakers? I can't seem
> find much information on them. I saw these speakers at a local store and
was
> told they were good for surround speakers in a home theater system. They certainly look nice and
> have what looks to be a good mounting system. The speakers couldn't be hooked up at the store so I
> thought I'd ask here
about
> them. Thanks. Elias

"Elias Davis" <[email protected]> wrote
> Oops! They were really thrown for a loop on alt.home-theater.misc when I asked about campy chorus
> crankarm lengths.
>
> "Elias Davis" <[email protected]> wrote
> > Does anyone have any opinions of Veoldyne spl-523 speakers?

Too bad. I thought you were asking about the Velodyne, which is once again in production:
http://www.velodynesports.com