veloflex hardest tire to mount, ever

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Chiefhiawatha, Jun 24, 2003.

  1. Holy shit those 22m Pave tires are tough to mount.

    I gave up and had to take them to the shop.

    stuff before you send it out. Measure twice, cut once. You're killing me.

    Tags:

  2. Bfd

    Bfd Guest

    "chiefhiawatha" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Holy shit those 22m Pave tires are tough to mount.
    >
    > I gave up and had to take them to the shop.
    >

    > stuff before you send it out. Measure twice, cut once. You're killing me.

    What you need is a VAR tire lever. Its a plastic tool that *pulls* the tire over the rim. With this
    lever, I have NEVER had a problem mounting any tire from 700x19 on up. You can purchase one here:

    http://www.terrybicycles.com/BPA/7400000.lasso

    or at www.rivendellbicycles.com

  3. My 3 tips for mounting tyre. These work.

    1. Use tube that's not too fat.
    2. It helps to have all air out of tube, if difficult.
    3. Push the bit of tyre that's already on into middle of rim well all round. This is the most
    important.

    Using these techniques I can put the most difficult tyre on, nearly always without levers if I
    am patient.

  4. Ed Chait

    Ed Chait Guest

    "Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My 3 tips for mounting tyre. These work.
    >
    > 1. Use tube that's not too fat.
    > 2. It helps to have all air out of tube, if difficult.
    > 3. Push the bit of tyre that's already on into middle of rim well all
    round.
    > This is the most important.
    >
    > Using these techniques I can put the most difficult tyre on, nearly always without levers if I am
    > patient.

    Good tips, but with certain tire/rim combinations, they don't work. They may work "nearly always"
    for the tire/rim combinations that you have personally mounted, but your experience is not
    exhaustive.

    Ed Chait

  5. Peter Vesel

    Peter Vesel Guest

    what sort or rims do you have? I had no problems mounting them on velocity rims. vredesten tyres on
    the other hand.......

    news:[email protected]...