Veloflex Pave or Gommitalia Targa K ?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Marc Gabriel-Wi, Jun 18, 2003.

  1. Hello,

    I'd like to buy new tyres in order to replace my Conti SuperSonic. I hesitate between two models
    (Veloflex Pave and Gommitalia Targa K).

    Could you give me some advice about these tyres please ?

    Thank you, Marc

    Tags:

  2. Ron Heath

    Ron Heath Guest

    "Marc Gabriel-Willem" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'd like to buy new tyres in order to replace my Conti SuperSonic. I hesitate between two models
    > (Veloflex Pave and Gommitalia Targa K).
    >
    > Could you give me some advice about these tyres please ?
    >
    > Thank you, Marc

    Veloflex Pave - fastest tyres I have used. Gommitalia I haven't used but I seem to recall that they
    are very similar to Veloflex (both probably ex Vittoria people).

    Ron

  3. i keep reading veloflex consists of ex-vittoria people. anybody know the history if this is true?
    was there a falling out? did some simply leave? did vittoria change direction against other's
    wishes? if so, which companies were created?

    ???

    thanks

    eric zamora fresno, ca.

    > From: [email protected] (Ron Heath) Organization: http://groups.google.com/ Newsgroups:
    > rec.bicycles.tech Date: 18 Jun 2003 17:14:37 -0700 Subject: Re: Veloflex Pave or Gommitalia
    > Targa K ?
    >
    > "Marc Gabriel-Willem" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I'd like to buy new tyres in order to replace my Conti SuperSonic. I hesitate between two models
    >> (Veloflex Pave and Gommitalia Targa K).
    >>
    >> Could you give me some advice about these tyres please ?
    >>
    >> Thank you, Marc
    >
    > Veloflex Pave - fastest tyres I have used. Gommitalia I haven't used but I seem to recall that
    > they are very similar to Veloflex (both probably ex Vittoria people).
    >
    > Ron

  4. Bill Graham

    Bill Graham Guest

    I heard that the workforce did not want to move to Thailand.

    VeloFlex Pave's and Gommitalia Targa K's are made in the same plant and are largely the same tire.