Veloflex Pave or Gommitalia Targa K ?

Marc Gabriel-Wi

Guest
Hello,

I'd like to buy new tyres in order to replace my Conti SuperSonic. I hesitate between two models
(Veloflex Pave and Gommitalia Targa K).

Could you give me some advice about these tyres please ?

Thank you, Marc

"Marc Gabriel-Willem" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to buy new tyres in order to replace my Conti SuperSonic. I hesitate between two models
> (Veloflex Pave and Gommitalia Targa K).
>
> Could you give me some advice about these tyres please ?
>
> Thank you, Marc

Veloflex Pave - fastest tyres I have used. Gommitalia I haven't used but I seem to recall that they
are very similar to Veloflex (both probably ex Vittoria people).

Ron

i keep reading veloflex consists of ex-vittoria people. anybody know the history if this is true?
was there a falling out? did some simply leave? did vittoria change direction against other's
wishes? if so, which companies were created?

???

thanks

eric zamora fresno, ca.

> From: [email protected] (Ron Heath) Organization: http://groups.google.com/ Newsgroups:
> rec.bicycles.tech Date: 18 Jun 2003 17:14:37 -0700 Subject: Re: Veloflex Pave or Gommitalia
> Targa K ?
>
> "Marc Gabriel-Willem" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'd like to buy new tyres in order to replace my Conti SuperSonic. I hesitate between two models
>> (Veloflex Pave and Gommitalia Targa K).
>>
>> Could you give me some advice about these tyres please ?
>>
>> Thank you, Marc
>
> Veloflex Pave - fastest tyres I have used. Gommitalia I haven't used but I seem to recall that
> they are very similar to Veloflex (both probably ex Vittoria people).
>
> Ron

I heard that the workforce did not want to move to Thailand.

VeloFlex Pave's and Gommitalia Targa K's are made in the same plant and are largely the same tire.