Velokraft site

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mikael Seierup, May 7, 2003.

  1. Tags:

  2. Seth Jayson

    Seth Jayson Guest

    Whooz dat guy on there?

    The more I see that bike, the more low carbon lust sets in. Any reason you couldn't get a pantour
    lace for that front offset fork?

    Seth (looking at flights to Poland) Jayson

  3. "Seth Jayson" skrev...
    > Whooz dat guy on there?

    Sadly its me. I was cursing my squeaky headset at that time. Was my second or third ride after
    putting it together. Bike looks a bit more snazzy now with an M5 tailfairing.

    > The more I see that bike, the more low carbon lust sets in. Any reason you couldn't get a pantour
    > lace for that front offset fork?

    You can fit one on the offset fork I'm told. The frame is pretty good at lessening the
    roadshock tho.

    M.

  4. Seth Jayson

    Seth Jayson Guest

    > The frame is pretty good at lessening the roadshock tho.

    I'll bet it is, but there's no nerd factor for good frame, is there? Where do you ride, Danemark is
    it? What kind of reaction do you get from the kids on the block?

  5. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Seth Jayson wrote:

    > Whooz dat guy on there?
    >
    > The more I see that bike, the more low carbon lust sets in. Any reason you couldn't get a pantour
    > lace for that front offset fork?
    >
    > Seth (looking at flights to Poland) Jayson

    Seth,

    There is a Velokraft owner in the NW Chicago suburbs. <
    http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/misc/barb-n-larry.htm >

  6. "Seth Jayson" skrev...
    > Where do you ride, Danemark is it? What kind of reaction do you get from the kids on the block?

    Not many kids on the block actually. Kids and drunks usually like it but that goes for any
    recumbent. I ride in Copenhagen, Denmark.

    Some better pics here: http://community.webshots.com/user/mseierup

    Will be one of the tailbox soon now I got it properly setup. (provided the batteries in my digicam
    are not flat.)

    M.

  7. Jiimscozz

    Jiimscozz Guest

  8. Jon Meinecke

    Jon Meinecke Guest

    On Thu, 8 May 2003 06:06:49 -0400, "jiimscozz" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >While I don't have my VK built up yet, I do have some good PICS of the bike and components, plus
    >discussion on my site at http://www.jjscozzi.com Jim scozzafava

    How does it compare to the custom carbon bike you built?

    Jon Meinecke

  9. Jiimscozz

    Jiimscozz Guest

    "Jon Meinecke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 8 May 2003 06:06:49 -0400, "jiimscozz" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >While I don't have my VK built up yet, I do have some good PICS of the
    bike
    > >and components, plus discussion on my site at http://www.jjscozzi.com Jim scozzafava
    >
    > How does it compare to the custom carbon bike you built?
    >
    > Jon Meinecke

    Jon While the bike is not fully complete yet, it is less than my Baron Clone, and has the potential
    of being under 20 pounds. I am "stoked" at this time and look forward to it's completion. Jim S.

  10. Seth Jayson

    Seth Jayson Guest

    I've heard tell of Barbie's mythical steed, but I didn't get to the folks on spokes ride to see it,
    as I was coughing up a lung on a hotel-room floor. (Relax, it was exercise-induced SARS, not a
    hangover...)

    Maybe we could form a club of Illinoosians who wanna drool on Barb's bike, and invite her to group
    rides (maybe have her drag a cinder block so we can keep up...)

    Sj

  11. Jon Meinecke

    Jon Meinecke Guest

    On Thu, 8 May 2003 09:45:08 -0400, "jiimscozz" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >While the bike is not fully complete yet, it is less than my Baron Clone, and has the potential of
    >being under 20 pounds. I am "stoked" at this time and look forward to it's completion.

    As someone who rides a 35lb+ bike, both your beautiful CFBC and the sleek VK are siren song
    lightest hits!

    How does the ride of the CFBC compare to the design 'donor' bike?

    And by all means, when it's all put together, let us know how the VK compares to both.

    Do you think your CF construction techniques could be applied totailbox construction?

    Jon Meinecke

  12. "jiimscozz" skrev

    > While I don't have my VK built up yet, I do have some good PICS of the bike and components, plus
    > discussion on my site at http://www.jjscozzi.com

    Yes, I have been by a few times and so has Kamil I think. Looks great all of it. I'm impressed by
    your commitment to weightsaving.

    Also snuck a peek at the page about your tailbox when I was mounting mine. I ended up popriveting
    some L-shaped alustrips. Fairly light but I forgot
    A: to weigh it and B: to photograph it before I mounted it all. Made a little luggagespace in the
    "headhump" with some hightech cardboard and ducttape. Holds my tools, pump, lock and a thin
    turtleneck. Still need to mount waterbottleholders tho.

    B.

  13. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Seth Jayson wrote:

    > I've heard tell of Barbie's mythical steed, but I didn't get to the folks on spokes ride to see
    > it, as I was coughing up a lung on a hotel-room floor. (Relax, it was exercise-induced SARS, not a
    > hangover...)
    >
    > Maybe we could form a club of Illinoosians who wanna drool on Barb's bike, and invite her to group
    > rides (maybe have her drag a cinder block so we can keep up...)

    I still prefer Barbie's first lowracer to the Velokraft. ;)

    If you want to chase her over the steepest rollers in the NW suburbs, contact Ed Gin for ride
    information.

    Tom Sherman - Honorary Chicagoland Recumbent Rider

  14. Seth Jayson

    Seth Jayson Guest

    > If you want to chase her over the steepest rollers in the NW suburbs, contact Ed Gin for ride
    > information.

    My Rocket would need a big diet before I could keep up with that crew. And my legs would need
    another ten pounds of muscle...

    Seth (heading out the door to do his to-work mileage)

  15. Not wanting to be outcooled by Barb I invested in a tailfairing. ;o)

    Pics here: http://community.webshots.com/user/mseierup (3 last. If you can't see em hit F5 or try
    later. View in "normal mode" for best resolution.

    M.

  16. Bentrider

    Bentrider Guest

    Nice ride! We'll be getting a Racer2 with Velokraft's tailbox and wheelfairings sometime this summer
    for 'BentRider.

    On Fri, 9 May 2003 16:54:42 +0200, "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Not wanting to be outcooled by Barb I invested in a tailfairing. ;o)
    >
    >Pics here: http://community.webshots.com/user/mseierup (3 last. If you can't see em hit F5 or try
    >later. View in "normal mode" for best resolution.
    >
    >M.

  17. Seth Jayson

    Seth Jayson Guest

    kitty looks ticked. You take it for a ride in the tailbox?

  18. "Seth Jayson" skrev...
    > kitty looks ticked. You take it for a ride in the tailbox?

    Nah it was just being uncooperative. Like staring pointedly away from the camera no matter what I
    tried. It looks stupid but it isn't. ;-) Not mine btw.

    M.