velomax circuits vs ksyrium elites

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by phillip-8727, May 31, 2004.

1. phillip-8727

phillip-8727 New Member

gidday

i am thinking of doing some upgrades on my road bike. It curently has mavic cosmic elites (around 2.1kg for the set I think). I am looking at wheelsets such as velomax circuits and the ksyrium elites, i am 176cm and 64kg and enjoy climbing and want a good climbing wheelset at around this price.
    any thoughts?
    I also have old ultegra cranks before hollowtech came out, any idea how much weight the hollowtech design saves compared to the old cranks?

Tags:

2. Thatch

Thatch New Member

If you could find a set of 03 or 04s Ksyrium SSC Sls laying around your LBS. It would be a great investment. I ride the 03s and love the durability and climbing ability of the wheel set.:D

3. phillip-8727

phillip-8727 New Member

yeah, that is exactly what i was thinking. i am definetly going to give my LBS a call about that.
    thanks

4. dennis dee

dennis dee New Member

The Velomax loaners I've tried were horrible. They have problems staying true.

5. dhk

dhk New Member

Don't think you can judge a wheel by a loaner....no telling what those go through. I got the Circuit Comps on my new bike on the recommendation of my framebuilder. A super deal, and they've stayed true and trouble-free for 2500 miles now.

6. Thatch

Thatch New Member

Thatch again, I found a set of 2003 TDFs Ksyriums at the LBS. So naturally I had to pick them up... The TDFs have the same light weight hub design as the 04s. Who knows what you can find when you put your nose to the ground!!
    :D

7. phillip-8727

phillip-8727 New Member

i talked to my LBS and they have one pair of 2003 ksyrium SLS that they are selling for AU$1350, which is out of my price range. i am search and see if ant bike shops have 2002 or 2003 kysriums for an affordable price