Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Velomax wheels folding in.

Started by Callistus Valerius · · Last activity · 5 posts · 733 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
11 August 2005
Last activity
12 August 2005
Original author
Callistus Valerius
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
733
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I saw a few weeks ago, someone saying they have started seeing Velomax
    wheels that arn't durable enough. Which models, if this is true? Or
    anyone, that has seen that they are too light in their construction.

  2. Callistus Valerius said:

    I saw a few weeks ago, someone saying they have started seeing Velomax
    wheels that arn't durable enough. Which models, if this is true? Or
    anyone, that has seen that they are too light in their construction.

    Two problems we have seen in the last 2 weeks as we got 3 Velomax
    wheels with broken spokes. None more than 7 months old.

    -Wheels was so wacked it could not be trued with a new spoke
    -Velomax doesn't warranty spokes or rims(what TF???).

    That's right, Send it to them and in 3-5 weeks, they will rebuild it
    for about $90, even if the spoke broke JRA...

    So, once again, an overly hyped wheel that in actual use doesn't do
    well, is expensive and uses unique to that wheel components...WHEN oh
    when will the cycling public learn? Not soon, I suspect. --

  3. Callistus Valerius said:

    I saw a few weeks ago, someone saying they have started seeing Velomax
    wheels that arn't durable enough. Which models, if this is true? Or
    anyone, that has seen that they are too light in their construction.

    Another 'phenomenom' I am seeing-Wheels advertised as being say 1400
    grams..pretty dern light, then upon weighing the rear, see it's 900
    grams or so(same as OpenPro, DA/Record type weight)...how do they do
    it? Really light front wheel with a micro light front hub with
    teeny-tiny bearings, really thin spokes, really light rim. Not much
    reliability there and nce again, 'marketing' wins out over knowledge,
    experience, common sense.

  4. Quoted message said:

    So, once again, an overly hyped wheel that in actual use doesn't do
    well, is expensive and uses unique to that wheel components...WHEN oh
    when will the cycling public learn? Not soon, I suspect. --

    I thought the screw in spoke was suppose to be stronger, because there
    is no bend in it.

  5. Claudius Vitalis said:
    Quoted message said:

    So, once again, an overly hyped wheel that in actual use doesn't do
    well, is expensive and uses unique to that wheel components...WHEN oh
    when will the cycling public learn? Not soon, I suspect. --

    I thought the screw in spoke was suppose to be stronger, because there
    is no bend in it.

    Ohh well, back to the drawing board!!

    The more wheels change, the more they stay the same.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.