Velonews: Ag2r’s Lloyd Mondory Positive For Epo

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Mondory-320x213.jpg
Lloyd Mondory (Ag2r-La Mondiale) has tested positive for EPO and faces a four-year ban. Photo: Tim De Waele | TDWsport.com (File).
Ag2r La Mondiale’s Lloyd Mondory has been advised of an adverse analytical finding for EPO from a sample collected on February 17, 2015, the UCI announced Tuesday.
The sample was taken in an out-of-competition control. The rider now has the right to request the analysis of a B sample.
“I am ashamed; I am ashamed; I am ashamed,” said Vincent Lavenu, manager the French team, devastated by the news after the finish of the second
stage of Paris-Nice in Saint-Amand-Montrond. “I have a sense of betrayal, it’s been 12 years he’s been with us, the team will be dirtied. ”
Mondory has been provisionally suspended. He could face a four-year ban if the test results are confirmed. The new WADA code, enacted January 1, allows for the longer ban given the presence, use, attempted use, or possession of a prohibited substance or prohibited method by an athlete.
The French rider raced the Classica Almeria two days prior to the out-of-competition control in question, placing seventh. He has since raced Trofeo Laigueglia, Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne, and Strade Bianche.
Mondory has won stages of the Vuelta a Burgos, Etoile de Bessèges, and Paris-Corrèze in his career. He was fifth at Gent-Wevelgem in 2011.
“He was crying,” Lavenu said, having spoken to Mondory via telephone about the news. “But his explanations do not suit me. I hope he has the courage to tell the truth and not hide behind false excuses. “
The post Ag2r’s Lloyd Mondory positive for EPO appeared first on VeloNews.com.

View the full article