Velonews: Cannondale-garmin Signs Matti Breschel

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
20155048-272009-320x213.jpg
Matti Breschel will leave Tinkoff-Saxo to join Cannondale-Garmin in 2016. Photo: Tim De Waele | TDWsport.com (File).
Cannondale-Garmin announced Wednesday that Matti Breschel will join the team in 2016. The 31-year-old Danish pro finished third at 2008 world road championships and second at 2010 worlds. He is coming off of a three-year stint with the Tinkoff-Saxo team.
“I am very excited to join Cannondale-Garmin in 2016,” Breschel said. “I have a lot of respect for Jonathan Vaughters and his vision, and I know many of the riders and directors. It is a great group of guys. I’m looking forward to the cobbled classics and hope to achieve a result for myself there and also hope to help the team achieve great performances and victories.”
Breschel is known for his consistent results in the classics, having twice finished in the top 10 at Ronde van Vlaanderen. The former Danish national road champion is also a Vuelta stage winner, a Dwars door Vlaanderen champion, and in 2015, he won two stages and the points jersey at Danmark Rundt.
“Matti is a huge talent,” said Jonathan Vaughters, CEO of Slipstream Sports and Cannondale-Garmin Pro Cycling. “He will lend classics horsepower and all-around experience to a young team, and is capable of great results himself. I think it’s possible his talent has been underestimated in the past, and that is something we are looking to change. We are very excited to add him to our roster.”
The post Cannondale-Garmin signs Matti Breschel appeared first on VeloNews.com.

View the full article