Velonews: Elle Anderson Announces New Sram-strava Cyclocross Team

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
EAnderson_2015Worlds_Tom_Prenen-320x213.jpg
Elle Anderson finished 40th at the 2015 UCI World Cyclocross Championships in the Czech Republic. Photo: Tom Prenen
Elle Anderson will ride as a one-woman team for the 2015-16 cyclocross season, racing for her new SRAM-Strava program, which she announced Wednesday. Last year, Anderson raced the full 2014-15 European cyclocross circuit for the Belgian Kalas-NNOF team.
“I learned a lot last year; racing and living in Europe was great experience, but it definitely took a lot out of me.” Anderson said, “After taking the necessary time to recover and reflect, I couldn’t be more excited to start training and racing again, and I’m really happy to have such great support this season.”
“Elle’s accomplishments in cyclocross go well beyond results,” said SRAM’s Alex Wassmann. “She has continued to expand the potential for Americans in Europe as well as as athletes that work full-time. She defines hard work and discipline and that represents our brand perfectly.”
Strava, Anderson’s current employer, will continue to be involved in her cyclocross racing, allowing a flexible work schedule in the fall and winter.
“Strava is passionate about cyclocross and women’s racing and we are stoked to be able to support Elle as she competes at the highest level of the sport in the U.S. and Europe for the 2015-2016 season,” said Strava cycling brand manager Andrew Vontz. “We’ll be using the Strava platform to share some of Elle’s insights about cyclocross culture, training, and technique throughout the winter months that will benefit cyclocross racers of all levels.”
Anderson will also be supported by Challenge tires, Cuore of Switzerland, and City & County Bicycle Co. Connecting with her roots, the Vermont native will be fueled by Untapped Maple products.
Anderson will return to Europe in December with USA Cycling, in time for the Christmas races and World Cups. Before then, she’ll race domestically, primarily on the West Coast.
“Regardless of the highs and lows last season, I’m grateful I got the opportunity to be based in Belgium,” Anderson said, “After some time off the bike this summer, I’m now in a much better place mentally and physically. I’m ready to get back to work and take all the hard-earned lessons with me.”
The post Elle Anderson announces new SRAM-Strava cyclocross team appeared first on VeloNews.com.

View the full article