Velonews has never heard of Eddy Merckx

On Oct 30, 3:03 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> On Oct 30, 12:33 pm, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Belgium's biggest cycling star once rode a Ridley:"

> >http://www.velonews.com/train/articles/13597.0.html

> >http://velonews.com/slideshow.php?article_id=13597&image_id=21257&dir...

> Is it just me or does everyone have the impression that someone is
> being paid a lot of graft to make those stupid claims?

Not just you. I was wondering the same. How much did Velo-snooze get
paid for the ad disguised as an article?

"not quite (45%) market share in the USA". Hah! not even Pacific
could make that claim here. or Giant, or Schwinn or Trek or
Cannondale or NEXT or Magna or .......

> On Oct 30, 3:03 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> > On Oct 30, 12:33 pm, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > "Belgium's biggest cycling star once rode a Ridley:"

> > >http://www.velonews.com/train/articles/13597.0.html

> > >http://velonews.com/slideshow.php?article_id=13597&image_id=21257&dir...

> > Is it just me or does everyone have the impression that someone is
> > being paid a lot of graft to make those stupid claims?

> Not just you. I was wondering the same. How much did Velo-snooze get
> paid for the ad disguised as an article?
>
> "not quite (45%) market share in the USA". Hah! not even Pacific
> could make that claim here. or Giant, or Schwinn or Trek or
> Cannondale or NEXT or Magna or .......

No doubt. But I read the articles just for the photos.

"My scenarios may give the impression I could be an excellent crook.
Not true - I am a talented lawyer." - Sandy in rec.bicycles.racing

On Oct 30, 6:59 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Boonen _is_ Belgium's biggest cycling star. Merckx is
> Belgium's greatest rider ever. No contradiction.
>
> Ben

Yep, stars fade into legends, if they're lucky, but if they aren't
doing it currently they fade. Flavor of the minute.
Bill C

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> "Belgium's biggest cycling star once rode a Ridley:"

Obviously it's star in present tense.

Bill C wrote:

> Yep, stars fade into legends, if they're lucky, but if they aren't
> doing it currently they fade. Flavor of the minute.
> Bill C

Who is the star of the Belgian National Team this year? Eddy?

Follow-up to Rec.Bicycles.Retro-Grouch....

Dan