Velonews: Kristin Armstrong Off U.s. Pan Am Roster As Usac Revises Team Selection

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
Two-time Olympic time trial gold medalist and two-time world time trial champion Kristin Armstrong (Twenty16-Sho-Air) has been pulled from the U.S. Pan Am Championships team after confusion over the team selection criteria.
Late on Friday, USA Cycling announced an updated roster for event to be held in Leon, Mexico, May 5-10. Velocio-SRAM’s Tayler Wiles will take the slot originally given to Armtrong earlier this week in the individual time trial. Carmen Small (Twent16-Sho-Air) will also race the Pan Am TT.
On her team’s website, Armstrong wrote:
“I know that nothing is given in this sport, success takes significant hard work and preparation. When I made the decision to return I committed myself to this regimen and I don’t want anything given to me. Like always, I want to earn it on the road.
“Like a lot of you, I just learned that this criteria for selection had changed recently, and now USA Cycling has decided to revert to their older criteria. If under this “new” criteria I am not selected I will not only fully support USA Cycling’s decision but more importantly the athletes that will be representing the USA in Mexico.”
The post Kristin Armstrong off U.S. Pan Am roster as USAC revises team selection appeared first on VeloNews.com.

View the full article