Velonews: Schleck A Scratch For Paris-nice

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
FSchleck-320x213.jpg
Frank Schleck (Trek Factory Racing) will not start Paris-Nice due to an injury suffered in February. Photo: Tim De Waele | TDWsport.com (File).
Frank Schleck’s 2015 season is off to a rocky start. The Trek Factory Racing rider crashed out of Ruta del Sol on the first day, suffering a deep muscular hematoma in his quadricep.
On Monday, the team confirmed that the reigning Luxembourg national champion would not start Paris-Nice, which runs March 8-15.
“I am recovering, but it has not gone as fast as I had hoped,” said Schleck in the team’s announcement. “It’s still painful, especially walking; on the bike it actually feels better. So I am able to train a couple hours on the road now, but obviously this is not enough to be ready for a race like Paris-Nice.”
Schleck, 34, headed into the new season without the company of his brother, Andy, who retired from the sport after 2014. Frank Schleck only had one major win to his credit last year, the Luxembourg national road race championships. In 2009, he finished second overall at Paris-Nice.
“I am obviously very disappointed; when I crashed, even though it was super painful, I always thought I would be at the next race,” Schleck said. “It has been a frustrating injury and a slow healing process, but it is still early season and I will be back. I should be fine for GP Nobili [March 19].”
Trek Factory Racing’s lineup for Paris-Nice includes Bob Jungels, Riccardo Zoidl, Giacomo Nizzolo, Gert Steegmans, Kristof Vandewalle, Gregory Rast, Eugenio Alafaci, and Marco Coledon.
The post Schleck a scratch for Paris-Nice appeared first on VeloNews.com.

View the full article