Velonews:The Contador fanclub

thecyclist

Aug 30, 2006
Always trying to make Contador look good. Look at their version of Ricco's comments compared to the other two.

From Velonews:

“Look at Contador — for someone who said he wasn’t fit and that he was at the beach 10 days, he was able to stay with us the entire climb. He’s a phenomenon”

Google translated from the Giro website:

"I do not think that Contador was on vacation when they called for the Giro. Not even a phenomenon should be so strong without training. He was at sea? Yes, but Madrid ... "

Google translated from the Saunier website:

"For example, we know that Contador, who has always said is not in condition, so far there has only told lies. One that until ten days ago, was at sea, although it is a phenomenon, can not go like that"

Sweet, the first round of **** slinging between the pro's has started. Time I think for Simoni to chime in with a few choice comments, maybe followed by the standard all purpose 'we're not doping' statement from the Hog.

I wonder who's going to win the ET Classification this year (decided by rider vote :p )?

Eldrack said:
Sweet, the first round of **** slinging between the pro's has started. Time I think for Simoni to chime in with a few choice comments, maybe followed by the standard all purpose 'we're not doping' statement from the Hog.

I wonder who's going to win the ET Classification this year (decided by rider vote :p )?

I think from Ricco's comments the 'Madrid' component should have been underlined. Not the sea but Madrid where one Mr. Fuentes likes to suck your blood ! I'm glad Ricco said this even thou Velonews wouldn't say it like it is.......

thecyclist said:
Always trying to make Contador look good. Look at their version of Ricco's comments compared to the other two.

From Velonews:

“Look at Contador — for someone who said he wasn’t fit and that he was at the beach 10 days, he was able to stay with us the entire climb. He’s a phenomenon”

Google translated from the Giro website:

"I do not think that Contador was on vacation when they called for the Giro. Not even a phenomenon should be so strong without training. He was at sea? Yes, but Madrid ... "

Google translated from the Saunier website:

"For example, we know that Contador, who has always said is not in condition, so far there has only told lies. One that until ten days ago, was at sea, although it is a phenomenon, can not go like that"
I'm trying to understand what's going on: Ricco made some comments in Italian whose translation you have posted as the second two comments. Velonews' translation is the first comment. Is that right? If yes, I don't understand why velonews is trying to portray Contadope this way. Did they drink some Kool aid provided by the Hog or something???

whiteboytrash said:
I think from Ricco's comments the 'Madrid' component should have been underlined. Not the sea but Madrid where one Mr. Fuentes likes to suck your blood ! I'm glad Ricco said this even thou Velonews wouldn't say it like it is.......
Hahaha did he really say that?:p I like this guy more and more, no wonder he's good friend with Gibo.
However, Ricco was over 50% in the past and I think he's seriously juiced again this year.

grampi said:
Hahaha did he really say that?:p I like this guy more and more, no wonder he's good friend with Gibo.
However, Ricco was over 50% in the past and I think he's seriously juiced again this year.

I'm sure that's what he meant... If you're on holiday & you're from Europe you don't go to Madrid. Contador was 'preparing' but wanted to make sure his location matched his UCI location form. There aren't any mountains to climb near Madrid. Good on Ricco for telling it like it is. Contador is doping. End of story.

whiteboytrash said:
I'm sure that's what he meant... If you're on holiday & you're from Europe you don't go to Madrid. Contador was 'preparing' but wanted to make sure his location matched his UCI location form. There aren't any mountains to climb near Madrid. Good on Ricco for telling it like it is. Contador is doping. End of story.
You needed Ricco to confirm that?

Or - I get it - you're just happy that one of the peloton is publicly alluding to his doping.

I agree. Any evidence of pros willing to speak out is good.

cycling news are as bad - in their race report they claimed Contador eased up - they were clearly watching through their special 'Astana' - goggles whereas those of us watching the race saw Dirty Bertie on the rivet.

Crankyfeet said:
You needed Ricco to confirm that?

Or - I get it - you're just happy that one of the peloton is publicly alluding to his doping.

I agree. Any evidence of pros willing to speak out is good.

The difference here is that the Italians are extremely protective of their race. The French can't do the same with their event as its an International event. The Italians won't let Contador cheat his way to victory. They'll all gang up on him.

micron said:
cycling news are as bad - in their race report they claimed Contador eased up - they were clearly watching through their special 'Astana' - goggles whereas those of us watching the race saw Dirty Bertie on the rivet.

more like the conversation into Contador's earpiece;

Bruyneel: "Christ Alberto don't farking win the stage ! You meant to be sitting on the beach for the last 10 days ! pull back as Pat said don't make it to obvisous. He'll have to test us if we win to much. Drop back 10 or seconds we'll make it up later'

Contador: "No problems Hog. Are you sure that **** you gave me this morning is safe ? I can't feel my legs !"

whiteboytrash said:
more like the conversation into Contador's earpiece;

Bruyneel: "Christ Alberto don't farking win the stage ! You meant to be sitting on the beach for the last 10 days ! pull back as Pat said don't make it to obvisous. He'll have to test us if we win to much. Drop back 10 or seconds we'll make it up later'

Contador: "No problems Hog. Are you sure that **** you gave me this morning is safe ? I can't feel my legs !"

hahhahaha

TheDarkLord said:
I'm trying to understand what's going on: Ricco made some comments in Italian whose translation you have posted as the second two comments. Velonews' translation is the first comment. Is that right? If yes, I don't understand why velonews is trying to portray Contadope this way. Did they drink some Kool aid provided by the Hog or something???
Yes that's right.

They are always trying to hype Contador for some reason.

thecyclist said:
Yes that's right.

They are always trying to hype Contador for some reason.

A good example of this ******** is Graham Watson. Bruyneel put him on the payroll so instead of getting images of the entire peleton you get 10,000 photos of Alberto's deep tan from beach holidays & Levi's bald scone. It was a bad move by Watson & a complete sell-out. Can you imagine a photographer for the NY Times being on the Clinton payroll. The outrage.

Lance told me that Alberto Contraband is clean. Because he's spent so much time in the ocean lately or something. I forget cause I was watching what McConnaughy and Ashley were doing on the couch.
Anyway I believe Lance.

...or it could just be a thing lost in translation. It's possible that they left something out of it intentionally but when you think of the route that Ricco's sayings go through before they end up on Velonews internet site.

Dozens of reporters interview Ricco who is tired from the race and might not say things clearly
-> Reporter writes the interview down (in a hurry) and Giro officials buy the interview and write the story leaving out unimportant things. He might even add words in the interview.
-> Velonews reporter reads the story at Giro website and makes his own story. He might even use a internet translator like Google (like Thecyclist did) which is far from accurate.
So what Ricco originally said migh be very far from the Velonews text. So it's no wonder the word "Madrid" was left out.

What is clear though is that Ricco knows (he should have read internet forums and he would've known that a year ago:) ) that Contador is doping. I read somewhere that today Ricco had corrected his own sayings and "Piepoli was standing in the background"

Our hero vows to fight on!
http://www.velonews.com/article/76490/giro-d-italia-contador-vows-to-ride-despite-fracture

My own reactions to these "stories" continue to amaze me. I'm finding I don't believe anything Team Astana says. My gut feeling is that he doesn't even have a fracture and it's all a ruse. In my mind, Astana's "empire of evil" status reaches new heights every day. I worry that I'm obsessed with this team going down, yet I also fear it will never happen. It's a sad state.

huboon said:
http://www.velonews.com/article/76490/giro-d-italia-contador-vows-to-ride-despite-fracture

My own reactions to these "stories" continue to amaze me. I'm finding I don't believe anything Team Astana says. My gut feeling is that he doesn't even have a fracture and it's all a ruse. In my mind, Astana's "empire of evil" status reaches new heights every day. I worry that I'm obsessed with this team going down, yet I also fear it will never happen. It's a sad state.
Eat your hearts out tossers.

huboon said:

Jesus Christ its Tyler Hamilton all over again...... here we go again....... ok tell us Alberto; you ground down a back molar and your left scrotum fighting the pain of the fracture whilst riding the Giro ?

huboon said:

As says he doesn't have a fracture, Equipe says he does. Whichever, there'll be some tasty TUEs headed his way...

micron said:
As says he doesn't have a fracture, Equipe says he does. Whichever, there'll be some tasty TUEs headed his way...

well now its says he's arm has been amputated !
______

Tour de France champion Alberto Contador will continue racing in the Giro d'Italia despite fracturing his left elbow.

X-rays showed Contador had a fracture without dislocation today following a crash during Saturday's eighth stage from Rivisondoli to Tivoli.

The 25-year-old Astana rider said he had no intention of quitting the Italian classic.

"Unfortunately, having a small fracture does not make the journey to Milan any easier, but I'm motivated and will try to fight through the pain," Contador said.

"The last days my legs have felt better and better. The longer I've been in the Giro, the better I've felt."

After nine of 21 stages, the Spaniard trails overall race leader Giovanni Visconti of Italy by 7 minutes, 56 seconds.