VeloNews

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jiyang Chen, Jun 1, 2003.

  1. Jiyang Chen

    Jiyang Chen Guest

    Is VeloNews a worthwhile magazine to subscribe for pro road cycling news? Any other suggestions?

    Jiyang

    Tags:

  2. Ken

    Ken Guest

    "Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in news:bbe9gb$ep7 @dispatch.concentric.net:
    > Is VeloNews a worthwhile magazine to subscribe for pro road cycling news? Any other suggestions?

    If you're interested in USA road racing, Velonews is the best. If you're interested in European road
    racing, there are several good choices from Europe (depending on what languages you understand).

  3. Jim Edgar

    Jim Edgar Guest

    Jiyang Chen at [email protected] wrote on 6/1/03 6:32 PM:

    > Is VeloNews a worthwhile magazine to subscribe for pro road cycling news? Any other suggestions?

    I'd combine it with Cycle Sport Mag. Good writing and exceptional number of features and interviews.
    Phenomenal photography on glossy pages - perfect for creating an alter to Museew, Lance or whichever
    deity you choose to follow.

  4. In article <BB00C01A.44FC2%[email protected]>, Jim Edgar <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Jiyang Chen at [email protected] wrote on 6/1/03 6:32 PM:
    >
    > > Is VeloNews a worthwhile magazine to subscribe for pro road cycling news? Any other suggestions?
    >
    > I'd combine it with Cycle Sport Mag. Good writing and exceptional number of features and
    > interviews. Phenomenal photography on glossy pages - perfect for creating an alter to Museew,
    > Lance or whichever deity you choose to follow.

    We get VN and buy Cycle sport when it's a good issue (it's expensive). VN covers a lot of women's
    racing and MTB, which CS doesn't. They barely mention women's racing except in passing. But it's
    still a great mag with terrific photos and very good, high quality writing.