Velveeta Soup Request

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Glenn B., Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Glenn B.

    Glenn B. Guest

    At a meeting I attended a while back, there was a recipe for soup that included Velveeta cheese,
    chicken broth and Rotel. Anyone know how to make this and how much to put in of each?

    Thanks!

    Glenn B.

    Tags:

  2. Jk

    Jk Guest

    "Glenn B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:%[email protected]...
    > At a meeting I attended a while back, there was a recipe for soup that included Velveeta cheese,
    > chicken broth and Rotel. Anyone know how to make this and how much to put in of each?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Glenn B.

    I just found this, maybe it's what you're looking for.
    http://www.stetson.edu/org/nofat/soups.htm#Vegetable%20Cheese%20Soup

    Cheesy Veggie Soup

    1 cup = 1 point

    2 lb. bag frozen vegetables (California blend is recommended)

    3 cans fat free chicken broth

    1 can Rotel tomatoes (hot or mild)

    10 oz. Light Velveeta

    Bring vegetables, chicken broth, and tomatoes to a boil and then simmer for 45 minutes. Add
    Velveeta, stir until melted.

  3. Wannablean

    Wannablean Guest

    I hate to sound skeptical, but that soup sounds too good to be only one
    point per serving. Is a serving a quarter of a cup?
    "JK" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Glenn B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:%[email protected]...
    > > At a meeting I attended a while back, there was a recipe for soup that included Velveeta cheese,
    > > chicken broth and Rotel. Anyone know how to
    make
    > > this and how much to put in of each?
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > >
    > > Glenn B.
    >
    > I just found this, maybe it's what you're looking for.
    > http://www.stetson.edu/org/nofat/soups.htm#Vegetable%20Cheese%20Soup
    >
    > Cheesy Veggie Soup
    >
    > 1 cup = 1 point
    >
    > 2 lb. bag frozen vegetables (California blend is recommended)
    >
    > 3 cans fat free chicken broth
    >
    > 1 can Rotel tomatoes (hot or mild)
    >
    > 10 oz. Light Velveeta
    >
    > Bring vegetables, chicken broth, and tomatoes to a boil and then simmer
    for
    > 45 minutes. Add Velveeta, stir until melted.

  4. Betty Boop

    Betty Boop Guest

    At our meeting last week our leader gave us this recipe. Maybe this is what you are looking for: 10
    oz. lite Velveeta 1 - 2lbs. frozen broccoli 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis 1 32 oz. can fat
    free chicken broth Boil all together and then add Velveeta. She said 1 cup = 1 point

    "WannaBLean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I hate to sound skeptical, but that soup sounds too good to be only one point per serving. Is a
    > serving a quarter of a cup? "JK" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > "Glenn B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:%[email protected]...
    > > > At a meeting I attended a while back, there was a recipe for soup that included Velveeta
    > > > cheese, chicken broth and Rotel. Anyone know how to
    > make
    > > > this and how much to put in of each?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks!
    > > >
    > > > Glenn B.
    > >
    > > I just found this, maybe it's what you're looking for.
    > > http://www.stetson.edu/org/nofat/soups.htm#Vegetable%20Cheese%20Soup
    > >
    > > Cheesy Veggie Soup
    > >
    > > 1 cup = 1 point
    > >
    > > 2 lb. bag frozen vegetables (California blend is recommended)
    > >
    > > 3 cans fat free chicken broth
    > >
    > > 1 can Rotel tomatoes (hot or mild)
    > >
    > > 10 oz. Light Velveeta
    > >
    > > Bring vegetables, chicken broth, and tomatoes to a boil and then simmer
    > for
    > > 45 minutes. Add Velveeta, stir until melted.

  5. Glenn B.

    Glenn B. Guest

    This looks like it to me! Thanks for the help!

    Glenn B. "betty boop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > At our meeting last week our leader gave us this recipe. Maybe this is
    what
    > you are looking for: 10 oz. lite Velveeta 1 - 2lbs. frozen broccoli 1 can diced tomatoes with
    > green chilis 1 32 oz. can fat free chicken broth Boil all together and then add Velveeta. She said
    > 1 cup = 1 point
    >

    > "WannaBLean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I hate to sound skeptical, but that soup sounds too good to be only one point per serving. Is a
    > > serving a quarter of a cup? "JK" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > berlin.de...
    > > > "Glenn B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:%[email protected]...
    > > make

    > > > I just found this, maybe it's what you're looking for.
    > > > http://www.stetson.edu/org/nofat/soups.htm#Vegetable%20Cheese%20Soup
    > > >
    > > > Cheesy Veggie Soup
    > > >
    > > > 1 cup = 1 point
    > > >
    > > > 2 lb. bag frozen vegetables (California blend is recommended)
    > > >
    > > > 3 cans fat free chicken broth
    > > >
    > > > 1 can Rotel tomatoes (hot or mild)
    > > >
    > > > 10 oz. Light Velveeta
    > > >
    > > > Bring vegetables, chicken broth, and tomatoes to a boil and then
    simmer
    > > for
    > > > 45 minutes. Add Velveeta, stir until melted.

  6. Betty Boop

    Betty Boop Guest

    Glenn: I haven't made it yet but quite a few at the meeting tried it and said it was delicious and
    can't beat the point value for a good soup. Please let me know if you enjoy it. Betty

    "Glenn B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > This looks like it to me! Thanks for the help!
    >
    > Glenn B. "betty boop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > At our meeting last week our leader gave us this recipe. Maybe this is
    > what
    > > you are looking for: 10 oz. lite Velveeta 1 - 2lbs. frozen broccoli 1 can diced tomatoes with
    > > green chilis 1 32 oz. can fat free chicken broth Boil all together and then add Velveeta. She
    > > said 1 cup = 1 point
    > >

    > > "WannaBLean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > I hate to sound skeptical, but that soup sounds too good to be only
    one
    > > > point per serving. Is a serving a quarter of a cup? "JK" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > > berlin.de...
    > that
    > > > make

    > simmer
    > > > for

  7. Glenn

    Glenn Guest

    I made the soup when I first got the recipe way back when. I don't bother
    with the FF Chicken Broth-I use the real stuff and it is DELICIOUS!
    "betty boop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Glenn: I haven't made it yet but quite a few at the meeting tried it and said it was delicious and
    > can't beat the point value for a good soup. Please let me know if you enjoy it. Betty
    >
    > "Glenn B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > This looks like it to me! Thanks for the help!
    > >
    > > Glenn B. "betty boop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > At our meeting last week our leader gave us this recipe. Maybe this
    is
    > > what
    > > > you are looking for: 10 oz. lite Velveeta 1 - 2lbs. frozen broccoli 1 can diced tomatoes with
    > > > green chilis 1 32 oz. can fat free chicken broth Boil all together and then add Velveeta. She
    > > > said 1 cup = 1 point

    > one
    > > that

    http://www.stetson.edu/org/nofat/soups.htm#Vegetable%20Cheese%20Soup

    > > simmer

  8. Jennp

    Jennp Guest

    "betty boop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Glenn: I haven't made it yet but quite a few at the meeting tried it and said it was delicious and
    > can't beat the point value for a good soup. Please let me know if you enjoy it. Betty

    It's very good. Worth the 1 point. I just made it last night for the week. Dh liked it too and since
    it's pretty low carb, it fits into his plan, too. He calls it queso soup.
    --
    JennP.

    "I base my fashion on what doesn't itch" Gilda Radner