Velveeta Soup Request

Glenn B.

Guest
At a meeting I attended a while back, there was a recipe for soup that included Velveeta cheese,
chicken broth and Rotel. Anyone know how to make this and how much to put in of each?

Thanks!

Glenn B.

"Glenn B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:%[email protected]...
> At a meeting I attended a while back, there was a recipe for soup that included Velveeta cheese,
> chicken broth and Rotel. Anyone know how to make this and how much to put in of each?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Glenn B.

I just found this, maybe it's what you're looking for.
http://www.stetson.edu/org/nofat/soups.htm#Vegetable%20Cheese%20Soup

Cheesy Veggie Soup

1 cup = 1 point

2 lb. bag frozen vegetables (California blend is recommended)

3 cans fat free chicken broth

1 can Rotel tomatoes (hot or mild)

10 oz. Light Velveeta

Bring vegetables, chicken broth, and tomatoes to a boil and then simmer for 45 minutes. Add
Velveeta, stir until melted.

I hate to sound skeptical, but that soup sounds too good to be only one
point per serving. Is a serving a quarter of a cup?
"JK" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Glenn B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:%[email protected]...
> > At a meeting I attended a while back, there was a recipe for soup that included Velveeta cheese,
> > chicken broth and Rotel. Anyone know how to
make
> > this and how much to put in of each?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Glenn B.
>
> I just found this, maybe it's what you're looking for.
> http://www.stetson.edu/org/nofat/soups.htm#Vegetable%20Cheese%20Soup
>
> Cheesy Veggie Soup
>
> 1 cup = 1 point
>
> 2 lb. bag frozen vegetables (California blend is recommended)
>
> 3 cans fat free chicken broth
>
> 1 can Rotel tomatoes (hot or mild)
>
> 10 oz. Light Velveeta
>
> Bring vegetables, chicken broth, and tomatoes to a boil and then simmer
for
> 45 minutes. Add Velveeta, stir until melted.

At our meeting last week our leader gave us this recipe. Maybe this is what you are looking for: 10
oz. lite Velveeta 1 - 2lbs. frozen broccoli 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis 1 32 oz. can fat
free chicken broth Boil all together and then add Velveeta. She said 1 cup = 1 point

"WannaBLean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I hate to sound skeptical, but that soup sounds too good to be only one point per serving. Is a
> serving a quarter of a cup? "JK" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > "Glenn B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:%[email protected]...
> > > At a meeting I attended a while back, there was a recipe for soup that included Velveeta
> > > cheese, chicken broth and Rotel. Anyone know how to
> make
> > > this and how much to put in of each?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > Glenn B.
> >
> > I just found this, maybe it's what you're looking for.
> > http://www.stetson.edu/org/nofat/soups.htm#Vegetable%20Cheese%20Soup
> >
> > Cheesy Veggie Soup
> >
> > 1 cup = 1 point
> >
> > 2 lb. bag frozen vegetables (California blend is recommended)
> >
> > 3 cans fat free chicken broth
> >
> > 1 can Rotel tomatoes (hot or mild)
> >
> > 10 oz. Light Velveeta
> >
> > Bring vegetables, chicken broth, and tomatoes to a boil and then simmer
> for
> > 45 minutes. Add Velveeta, stir until melted.

This looks like it to me! Thanks for the help!

Glenn B. "betty boop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> At our meeting last week our leader gave us this recipe. Maybe this is
what
> you are looking for: 10 oz. lite Velveeta 1 - 2lbs. frozen broccoli 1 can diced tomatoes with
> green chilis 1 32 oz. can fat free chicken broth Boil all together and then add Velveeta. She said
> 1 cup = 1 point
>

> "WannaBLean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > I hate to sound skeptical, but that soup sounds too good to be only one point per serving. Is a
> > serving a quarter of a cup? "JK" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> > berlin.de...
> > > "Glenn B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:%[email protected]...
> > make

> > > I just found this, maybe it's what you're looking for.
> > > http://www.stetson.edu/org/nofat/soups.htm#Vegetable%20Cheese%20Soup
> > >
> > > Cheesy Veggie Soup
> > >
> > > 1 cup = 1 point
> > >
> > > 2 lb. bag frozen vegetables (California blend is recommended)
> > >
> > > 3 cans fat free chicken broth
> > >
> > > 1 can Rotel tomatoes (hot or mild)
> > >
> > > 10 oz. Light Velveeta
> > >
> > > Bring vegetables, chicken broth, and tomatoes to a boil and then
simmer
> > for
> > > 45 minutes. Add Velveeta, stir until melted.

Glenn: I haven't made it yet but quite a few at the meeting tried it and said it was delicious and
can't beat the point value for a good soup. Please let me know if you enjoy it. Betty

"Glenn B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> This looks like it to me! Thanks for the help!
>
> Glenn B. "betty boop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > At our meeting last week our leader gave us this recipe. Maybe this is
> what
> > you are looking for: 10 oz. lite Velveeta 1 - 2lbs. frozen broccoli 1 can diced tomatoes with
> > green chilis 1 32 oz. can fat free chicken broth Boil all together and then add Velveeta. She
> > said 1 cup = 1 point
> >

> > "WannaBLean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > I hate to sound skeptical, but that soup sounds too good to be only
one
> > > point per serving. Is a serving a quarter of a cup? "JK" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> > > berlin.de...
> that
> > > make

> simmer
> > > for

I made the soup when I first got the recipe way back when. I don't bother
with the FF Chicken Broth-I use the real stuff and it is DELICIOUS!
"betty boop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Glenn: I haven't made it yet but quite a few at the meeting tried it and said it was delicious and
> can't beat the point value for a good soup. Please let me know if you enjoy it. Betty
>
> "Glenn B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > This looks like it to me! Thanks for the help!
> >
> > Glenn B. "betty boop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > At our meeting last week our leader gave us this recipe. Maybe this
is
> > what
> > > you are looking for: 10 oz. lite Velveeta 1 - 2lbs. frozen broccoli 1 can diced tomatoes with
> > > green chilis 1 32 oz. can fat free chicken broth Boil all together and then add Velveeta. She
> > > said 1 cup = 1 point

> one
> > that

http://www.stetson.edu/org/nofat/soups.htm#Vegetable%20Cheese%20Soup

> > simmer

"betty boop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Glenn: I haven't made it yet but quite a few at the meeting tried it and said it was delicious and
> can't beat the point value for a good soup. Please let me know if you enjoy it. Betty

It's very good. Worth the 1 point. I just made it last night for the week. Dh liked it too and since
it's pretty low carb, it fits into his plan, too. He calls it queso soup.
--
JennP.

"I base my fashion on what doesn't itch" Gilda Radner