Ventoux for a Couch Potato-impossible??

MPCRUSHER said:
I am not trying to be rude to your wife. Lots of people get sick. It is a sad fact.

What I can't stand are people who use charity as an excuse to do something that most people would consider recreation.

If you want to spend thousands of dollars on a bike, accomodation, and travel expenses to some exotic part of the world and climb some hill on your bike, then do it, but don't expect others to pay for it.

In my opinion, If you want to do something useful for cancer research, give that money your going to spend on this adventure straight to a univerisity that is actually working to find a cure for cancer.

Why not spend the time you would have spent in southern france helping in a childrens hospital in Romania. That in my opinion would be far more noble.

Go out and knock on doors and ask for donations to your charity.

Write letters to your congressman (local member of parliment, politician), and encourage him/her to lobby for more funding of cancer research.

Do something pro-active.

Don't expect others to find a bike for you. What is that?
Get online and research it yourself. Stop relying on others to do everything for you.

Im not about to give you one cent toward cancer research. I will give my hard earnt money directly to a charity that will use it wisely.
Not on some half baked emotion filled bicycle ride.

Im sorry that your wife has cancer. It is dreadful.
We are all touched by this terrible disease in some way or another.
But It doesn't give you a free pass to be stupid.

Way to go asswipe. The last time I heard this was a cycling forum. It's where folks talk about bikes, bike stuff, bike rides, bike races and the whys and wherefores of stuff that you've not have chance to experience and would like a helpful hint or two to get them on their merry way. The guy wanted to know what would work best for getting up one of the hardest climbs used by the Tour and he gets your diatribe.

OK, the post may have been made in the wrong part of the forum but given the newbie status of the guy and the fact that the Tour just went up the Ventoux I'm sure that most will let the guy slide on this. If it was an issue I'm sure the moderator for this forum would have added a nice little note and put the post elsewhere...

Oh, and cheer up you miserable fcuk.

thanks swampy1970. Your funny. On one hand you berate me for not using the cycling forum in the spirit for which it was created, and on the other hand you use the cycling forum to personally insult me using expletives.

:confused:

MPCRUSHER said:
thanks swampy1970. Your funny. On one hand you berate me for not using the cycling forum in the spirit for which it was created, and on the other hand you use the cycling forum to personally insult me using expletives.

:confused:

How should I put this:

"I am not trying to be rude. Lots of people get yelled at with expletives. It is a sad fact..."